In general on alternate play-styles.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

ApolloBez #21 Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
It be an interesting question to pose to the producers of "Ancient Weapons", and see if they'd do a show on Bow vs. Slings.
If you can't beat'em, join'em; (and wait for a better opportunity to strike).   

Benjamin_8 #22 Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:21 PM

Junior Sergeant

That was a good show I only saw a few episodes though.
"You can't get blood out of a stone"

First_Spear #23 Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:03 PM

Junior Sergeant

There was a series that used to come on History a man and his father went over ancient and medieval battles. They didn't make many because when the father died I guess the funding was cut or something but they were very intuitive and informational. Can't remember the name of it for the likes of me!

Just form Testudo already and brace yourselves; this is gonna be a long match!

Benjamin_8 #24 Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:13 PM

Junior Sergeant

Topic died so please close!

Ardez #25 Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

Ben, they don't need to close topics to let them die. They will naturally slide to page 2+ as long as nobody posts. The problem is when people post in dead topics and drag them back to the top.

Let them die a natural death. :)

Lizardguard #26 Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:58 PM

Junior Sergeant

For the sake of reviving an already dead topic (don´´t worry, next alpha phase everyone gets active again and it will die quickly)

I wonder if its possible to murder a topic, as in force it to move to page 2.

First_Spear #27 Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:15 PM

Junior Sergeant

Not if everyone keeps posting here!

Bronze_Spear #28 Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:35 PM

Lance-corporal

The guy above me is handsome as all get out! Heck yeah!

First_Spear #29 Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:36 PM

Junior Sergeant

Not too bad yourself might I say!

Ancient_Exile #30 Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:03 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

Edited.

Edited by Ancient_Exile, 13 February 2017 - 01:09 AM.

Ancient_Exile #31 Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:32 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
So a question to all the new testers that I witnessed during the 4th playtest---- How many of yall have decided to swap favored factions and why??? So for instance just explain why you have decided to swap to Romans from the Greeks because I saw alot of PLAYERS who used to be MORE-SO Greek now playing as Roman................

Nooberto #32 Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:56 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Praetorian

View PostAncient_Exile, on 01 March 2017 - 06:32 AM, said:

So a question to all the new testers that I witnessed during the 4th playtest---- How many of yall have decided to swap favored factions and why??? So for instance just explain why you have decided to swap to Romans from the Greeks because I saw alot of PLAYERS who used to be MORE-SO Greek now playing as Roman................

Personally, it all depends on play style for me. Back in the Steam Alpha I was almost maxed out on the Roman side of Infantry but it just felt slow, clunky and I spent more time chasing or running after people than engaging. That's not my style. I do not mind being the brick wall and heavy hitting Infantry but it just didn't fit my playstyle and while Greece came close, it still did just not feel right to me so I swapped over to the Barbarians and immediately fell in love with Arminius. The way Arminius kit was designed back then was to enable him to control the forest or bush terrain with high mobility, hit and run tactics and vision control.

Everyone needs to find what they love and enjoy. Experiment until you find something you love!

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

Ancient_Exile #33 Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:15 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View PostNooberto, on 03 March 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

Personally, it all depends on play style for me. Back in the Steam Alpha I was almost maxed out on the Roman side of Infantry but it just felt slow, clunky and I spent more time chasing or running after people than engaging. That's not my style. I do not mind being the brick wall and heavy hitting Infantry but it just didn't fit my playstyle and while Greece came close, it still did just not feel right to me so I swapped over to the Barbarians and immediately fell in love with Arminius. The way Arminius kit was designed back then was to enable him to control the forest or bush terrain with high mobility, hit and run tactics and vision control.

Everyone needs to find what they love and enjoy. Experiment until you find something you love!

Well you seemed very pleased with your NICHE but for me I got burned out on the barbs from the old beta once I got my units fully maxed I had no desire to play as Vercingetorix..........I swapped to Leo maxed him then once I started on Alexander I became really engaged with his hammer and anvil............I got him to tier X a couple days before the Beta was taken from us MY PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nooberto #34 Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:04 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Praetorian

View PostAncient_Exile, on 05 March 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

Well you seemed very pleased with your NICHE but for me I got burned out on the barbs from the old beta once I got my units fully maxed I had no desire to play as Vercingetorix..........I swapped to Leo maxed him then once I started on Alexander I became really engaged with his hammer and anvil............I got him to tier X a couple days before the Beta was taken from us MY PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's fine and all but like I said, everyone has something that makes them happy about video games like this. If yours is maxing everything and playing whatever suits your fancy that day, that's cool too. :D
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

Ancient_Exile #35 Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:47 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
Oh no its not at all like that it just so happens that I didn't realize Alexander was my favorite commander until I actually started putting time in with him so = XD = on my part but when I first started playing Arena = cavalry players were everywhere then after a while cavalry play just tapered down for a bit (I guess because the consumables) that's when I swapped to ole Alexander..................But honestly I am in despair all because of WEDGE the HORROR the HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean it was a very very neglible difference in damage output between wedge and just using hammer solemnly.............Either way I am sticking with Alexander so woe to the vanquished............As in the VANQUISHED being everyone who attempts to use wedge LOL................

Gorr1995 #36 Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:35 PM

Lance-corporal

I like  tank tiers (Germanicus) .  I throw him in  the  middle  of  enemy  and  giv  him  chance  to  proove  me   that    he is the  best  combat  commander . when i  want  action and  dinamic  I choose   cav ( Aleksandr )    then I am  always on  focus , one miss   and  your   forses are gone .  Archers  and barberian  tiers  not  for  me  .  so every  one  can  find  their one style of  combat 

Ancient_Exile #37 Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:07 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View PostGorr1995, on 27 March 2017 - 06:35 AM, said:

I like  tank tiers (Germanicus) .  I throw him in  the  middle  of  enemy  and  giv  him  chance  to  proove  me   that    he is the  best  combat  commander . when i  want  action and  dinamic  I choose   cav ( Aleksandr )    then I am  always on  focus , one miss   and  your   forses are gone .  Archers  and barberian  tiers  not  for  me  .  so every  one  can  find  their one style of  combat

Well I agree Alexander is a very sensitive commander to handle and has huge dynamics that can easily make you completely lose all your forces in a hurry.........

Benjamin_8 #38 Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:42 AM

Junior Sergeant

View PostAnaxofRhodes, on 12 December 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

I WILL NEVER BETRAY MY BRAVE HEAVY HOPLITES!!!!

View PostLizardguard, on 13 December 2016 - 07:21 AM, said:

I loved slingers back then, will definity try them out once again. Artillery is always fun ofc. i think i´l play more with the barbs and less with rome, idk why everyone loved those rome troops...

Ancient_Exile #39 Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:30 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
Well, being that obviously there isn't going to be a playtest this weekend then does anyone have an opinion on: did the Greek infantry (spears tier 6 on up) seem too capable of standing toe to toe with Roman infantry????? This question of course referencing the Steam version of Arena so in other words I am not talking about the current version in alpha so as to not break NDA!!!!!! I am merely wanting opinions on different aspects because I only recall being ran over (literally like a lawnmower) by Vengeance popping little Germ's...................Spears not pikes because pikes were badass in the old beta.............

SavageRedneck #40 Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:42 PM

Lance-corporal

Why must I have post just to use my account?
I always thought the yankees had something to do with it!

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users