Total War Arena- FAQ

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Ardez #21 Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:27 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostRaynarThul, on 15 January 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

Same here where is our money we put on our steam accounts. wththis is not ok. 

Any money spent through steam was re-added to your steam account in the form of store credit.

Edited by Ardez, 15 January 2017 - 08:30 PM.

PHX_Iordanes #22 Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:43 PM

Private

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

Dear Wargaming & CA,

Unfortunately I will not keep playing this game, nor can I recomend it to others because of the resets in my accounts. I had a clan of 5 people all up to high levels with hundreds of hours played. We were good customers and spent a lot of money in gold and did our best to support TWA. I have long been a fan of the TW series and for the most part this game did many things right. I understood the first time my progress got set back in Alpha, but after we got into beta we were promised we would keep our progress and that there wouldn't be any more resets. I simply don't want to put hundreds of hours of grinding in again to unlock all the high tier units once-more. 

Starting off fresh may seem like a good idea at first thought, but it really discourages all the veterans from coming back to play, and we are really the ones that get our friends and others interested in playing a game. I told dozens of my friends about this game and now they are all frustrated because they lost their progress as well. For many of them this was their first dip into RTS style gameplay, and losing their progress pretty much killed any fire of wanting to get involved in this game again. 

I realize things were changed and needed to be fixed, but I know dozens of people that won't be playing this game anymore just because of the resets. I do still think of this game fondly, it was good while it lasted, but you lost me on along journey.

P.S. 

I bought several of the humble bundles, (one for me, a few for my clan), and  we lost that as well. This was disappointing.

Sincerely, 

PHX_Iordanes

Edited by PHX_Iordanes, 28 January 2017 - 08:50 PM.

Ancient_Exile #23 Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:27 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

I doubt they will ever actually speak directly pertaining to or about the subject at hand but I am sure they will consider their announced TIERED rewards as recompense for said issue at hand................. Purely speculation though..........Something will be better than nothing even if it is just gold or a UNIQUE and OP tier IV premium unit that will never be purchaseable.......... *__*

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

ApolloBez #24 Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

View PostAncient_Exile, on 06 February 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

I doubt they will ever actually speak directly pertaining to or about the subject at hand but I am sure they will consider their announced TIERED rewards as recompense for said issue at hand................. Purely speculation though..........Something will be better than nothing even if it is just gold or a UNIQUE and OP tier IV premium unit that will never be purchaseable.......... *__*

​Yeah the reset was heartbreaking; (you know full well how much time we had in Benji), but  I do think ''PHX_Iordanes'', is jumping the gun a bit, considering the magnitude of the change, (going to WG to be exact), and all it entails. And I don't rule out some type of credit being given to the "Long Time Faithful" among us. I do hate to see anybody boycott this "one of kind game" on some principle that might be too strict, (especially to only give in later and wined up coming back..  lol).

If you can't beat'em, join'em; (and wait for a better opportunity to strike).   

Ancient_Exile #25 Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
                 Then again>>>> we might not get a damn thing...................... I do hope at least we can keep our closed alpha gladiator title...... Just like before everyone had to see those smug Praetorians strolling around..............   *__* And of course they won't actually boycott (just threaten) it but rather they will just create an alternate account until they see an opportunity to re-appear with a little dignity!!!!!!!!!!!

ApolloBez #26 Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:37 AM

Senior Sergeant

View PostAncient_Exile, on 06 February 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

Then again>>>> we might not get a damn thing...................... I do hope at least we can keep our closed alpha gladiator title...... Just like before everyone had to see those smug Praetorians strolling around..............   *__* And of course they won't actually boycott (just threaten) it but rather they will just create an alternate account until they see an opportunity to re-appear with a little dignity!!!!!!!!!!!

​Humm... you got a point. Creating alternate ID's doesn't even occur to me, but then again, I could careless...   :D 
If you can't beat'em, join'em; (and wait for a better opportunity to strike).   

Ninja_Gaijin #27 Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:15 PM

Lance-corporal

What happened with my humble bundle etc rewards.

Ardez #28 Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:42 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostNinja_Gaijin, on 20 February 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

What happened with my humble bundle etc rewards.

I wish we knew. Last update was that CA is discussing internally. No word since. I believe that was on the old forums where we heard that.

Five00 #29 Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:45 PM

Lance-corporal

Send an email to CA and Steam customer service.

AnaxofRhodes #30 Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:16 AM

Junior Sergeant

My revised thoughts on the NDA.

Note: this feedback is to improve the game I loved and want to see succeed.  My concern comes from a desire to see Arena become amazing.

"Make no show of cowardice then on your part, seeing the greatness of the issues at stake, and I will show that what I preach to others I can practice myself." - Brasidas

Ancient_Exile #31 Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:23 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
Well spoken there HOMBRE' and as an individual who is not into WG (their games WOT/WOWS) I gotta say I fear putting more time into the fold because of the variables to do with the quiet hush hush nature that is being cast over EVERYTHING.............To do with ARENA....*__*

Edited by Ancient_Exile, 18 March 2017 - 04:29 AM.

Ancient_Exile #32 Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:28 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
Also I feel its my duty to inform you Mr. Anax that at exactly 3 minutes and 45 seconds into your video an EVIL looking long haired dachshund began to hack your computer behind you. Then after he successfully got the files he was after he maliciously stuck his tongue out at you at exactly 4 minutes and 16 seconds into your video..........Is it possible that the dog is spying on you for WG/CA you know in case you breach the NDA????? Careful there bud and keep an eye on that dog............*__*

Shamangrow #33 Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:08 AM

Lance-corporal

Well that was painful. I'll save everybody else the time, it was a 9 minute video to say:

1. You don't understand why there is an NDA now when there was no NDA on steam.

2. You don't think the NDA is good for promoting the game.

3. You don't feel the dev team is passionate about the game, promoting the game well or interacting with the community enough.

You have valid points, not trying to be rude, just trying to be helpful to others who might be tempted to watch the video.

Edited by Shamangrow, 19 March 2017 - 12:12 AM.

Ancient_Exile #34 Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:42 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
Yeah, but that sneaky dog did ya see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnaxofRhodes #35 Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:34 PM

Junior Sergeant

View PostShamangrow, on 18 March 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

1. You don't understand why there is an NDA now when there was no NDA on steam.

2. You don't think the NDA is good for promoting the game.

3. You don't feel the dev team is passionate about the game, promoting the game well or interacting with the community enough.

I ramble.  Good summary.

"Make no show of cowardice then on your part, seeing the greatness of the issues at stake, and I will show that what I preach to others I can practice myself." - Brasidas

Calvin423 #36 Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:20 PM

Private

• Players
what if you could go first person. Will this ever be possible? Please answer

MikeLapTrap #37 Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

would be too limiting from first person to give orders

NeboCema #38 Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

Private

• Players
good for WarGaming ! , cant wait for this baby to come out .

CrusaderKingSam #39 Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

Private

• Players
 I've played arena since before it turned closed Alpha and ran under WG, for this week of alpha access my arena game has failed to update through the Wargaming software, so i resulted to uninstalling the game. This made the situation worse as I was then unable to access the game again, my original key  from 25/11/2016 did not work so i can no longer access the game.
Please help.

Ninja_Gaijin #40 Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

Lance-corporal

Hoping now they are asking for $ for things we might get that exclusive shield or .. sumthing..

1 user(s) are reading this topic