CBT maps feedback

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Mister_Avnas #1 Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

i've been with this beta since alpha, and i really like the map design and the varied nature of maps. there are essentially only a couple of things i can think of that have changed since the first time i played the game, other than the inclusion of new maps. 

with the latest map added, the one with two central capture points, i noticed that the central bailey is locked off. it'd be nice of this was opened up so players could enter it, but also, there are several areas around that map and others that have structures like guard towers, and notably hadrians wall has a giant wall.

it'd be nice if players could access structures like watchtowers with archers, and also climb the wall from both sides. (could just put ladders on one side, stairs on other)

i'm not necesarily too keen on how maps like germania are limited to 8+ now. those are great maps for low tier barbarians to play in.

it'd be nice to have a persian and eastern expansion post-release with new terrain types and factions that are buffed by desert, bringing back traditional RTW1 mechanics for certain units in eastern and african nations' trees. 

Ancient_Exile #2 Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:51 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View PostMister_Avnas, on 21 February 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

i've been with this beta since alpha, and i really like the map design and the varied nature of maps. there are essentially only a couple of things i can think of that have changed since the first time i played the game, other than the inclusion of new maps.

with the latest map added, the one with two central capture points, i noticed that the central bailey is locked off. it'd be nice of this was opened up so players could enter it, but also, there are several areas around that map and others that have structures like guard towers, and notably hadrians wall has a giant wall.

it'd be nice if players could access structures like watchtowers with archers, and also climb the wall from both sides. (could just put ladders on one side, stairs on other)

i'm not necesarily too keen on how maps like germania are limited to 8+ now. those are great maps for low tier barbarians to play in.

it'd be nice to have a persian and eastern expansion post-release with new terrain types and factions that are buffed by desert, bringing back traditional RTW1 mechanics for certain units in eastern and african nations' trees.

Really good Ideas.......Blood Drinker IV http://forum.totalwararena.com/index.php?/topic/3164-blood-drinker-iv1000000-kills/

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

Ponchopolous #3 Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:21 AM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

As another closed alpha player, I feel all the new maps are overly wide with too many lanes of attack, and in most cases I find that this leads to a large portion of the battlefield being irrelevant to the greater strategy of the team. What I mean by this is a lot of battle are longer fought than the time it takes 3 elephants to walk invisibly through grass into your base using one of the many lanes, or quick moving cav to get behind through unguarded areas once units have moved up a bit and are in any engagement.

I feel like this is hurting the idea of team play, and units are having to spread out so thin to cover such a wide map since the capture time is so quick and fast units can flank and capture so quickly. 

With the longer, narrower maps the gameplay seems more structured around proper team play and assessing how to move forward and place yourselves appropriately for the threats your facing, which is seen in the battles being a lot more hard fought, all around, for all units. 

TL;DR: In my personal gameplay experience wider maps are more susceptible to using avoiding your enemy as a viable tactic for victory, where as the long narrow maps force more of a fought out tactical battle. I get that that is just a part of the game and you need to adapt to it to win, but if were talking opinions i find the quick cap battles super boring.

1 user(s) are reading this topic