Reddit Discord

Reddit Discord

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Squeaky86 #1 Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

Hi,

I don't care about reddit, never used it, don't understand it. It looks like a forum though so why bother changing ?

Discord is a terrible tool to organise ANY conversation over extended periods of time.

Please leave the forums alone. Just centralise every forum instead of trying some new tween tools most people don't use and have to learn. You're not organising anybody, you're just loosing participation. Sure some people will migrate but what about those who just don't get it ? I can't even be bothered to read messages on my clan discord when their are more than 5 exchange, do you think people will bother with you SPAMMED channel ?

P.S: went to your Reddit channel, didn't understand how it works. Got bored came back here. I'll post on the forum as long as it's going, when it closes, my comments be gone too.

DETrooper #2 Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:32 PM

Sergeant

• Praetorian
Several people within Wargaming seem to think that forums are an outdated means of communication, and while I believe they are right, I still see no reason to shut down all of the forums. With the way that Reddit and Discord work, it can be very easy to miss feedback that isn't popular as it will be drowned out by the masses (not really an issue right now but once the game launches I feel it will be).

macpla_NA #3 Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players

Quote from Reddit by Zwillinger:

Block Quote

Hi there /u/StormSS

This transition doesn’t mean that official forums are gone for forever. We will use this opportunity to work towards a larger long-term goal: unifying all players in a global community platform and creating new channels where you can participate in focused development related conversation and provide direct game-related feedback in a way that is organized and data driven.

Ultimately, you're right, and this is something we want to do, however it's not without it's challenges and would take a significant amount of time, development and resources to accomplish.

In the meantime, we were left with this question: do we continue to support 3 separate English language forums which is not a great player experience, or do we use the resources we have currently and try to simplify English language communication.

I'm not sure I follow your logic on how this support favoritism towards the CIS region having a larger voice. Reddit is an amazing platform when it comes to surfacing player voice around the issues that are important. Because the development team is already present and understands using reddit, this change increases the visibility of individual player posts to the folks behind the game.

Community is an ever evolving, ever changing thing. We will continue to push forward with making sure that we're delivering a great player experience while also optimizing around giving the community a larger voice in the success of TWA.

Thank you!

Posting here for those who aren't planning to participate reddit after. 

Edited by macpla_NA, 20 February 2018 - 09:40 PM.

MikeLapTrap #4 Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

View PostDETrooper, on 20 February 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

Several people within Wargaming seem to think that forums are an outdated means of communication, and while I believe they are right, I still see no reason to shut down all of the forums. With the way that Reddit and Discord work, it can be very easy to miss feedback that isn't popular as it will be drowned out by the masses (not really an issue right now but once the game launches I feel it will be).

Yes things can be drowned. but this also allows for some means of direct communication with CA and WG as well as a way for them to see the immediate concerns of the community when prioritizing.

Both have their pros and cons and Reddit has a strong following prior to this and is a way to still function like a forum does to keep a log of past posts.

_Requiem__ #5 Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:49 PM

Lance-corporal

Since I've been both a forum and discord, and to a minor extent reddit user I will reply.  I actually sympathize with traditional forum users the most, a dev going to a USER controlled subbreddit/discord only platform for communication is quite surprising.  Be that as it may, I at least have had success getting feedback from devs on discord over these last few months of beta, so its not like they aren't listening.  However, discord is a [edited]way of recording meaningful feedback, ie thoughtful posts are easily buried.  Im not convinced reddit is better for anything other than recording popular opinions or memes.  I personally am surprised that CA/WG would cede that amount of control but hey its their game.  I hope that forum users will come to the discord at least, it is well moderated and devs do pay attention at times, but it lacks the permanence of a true forum.  As both a forum and discord user Im divided on how successful this will be as a meaningful communication tool between players and devs.  I'm hoping they "CA" commit to it.  I'm willing to give them a chance.

Also tagged with Reddit, Discord

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users