Player Relation message: For the Community by the Community

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Akriom2 #1 Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:58 PM

Private

• Players

Hey everyone!

If you haven't read yet, we have made the decision to close the forums and centralize our English-speaking community via reddit and Discord. (More information on this and why here.)

Forums will stay open until Open Beta starts. At which time forums will be fully archived (but still accessible - in a read only format).

As said in the article this doesn't mean we are closing the forums for ever, btu we need to work on a new format that will better suit our needs for you, our Community.

Please feel free to keep on using the forums until then.

To join our community hosted platforms click on these links: Reddit and Discord.

Thanks for your continued support!

Ancient_Exile #2 Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:11 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View PostAkriom2, on 20 February 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

Hey everyone!

If you haven't read yet, we have made the decision to close the forums and centralize our English-speaking community via reddit and Discord. (More information on this and why here.)

Forums will stay open until Open Beta starts. At which time forums will be fully archived (but still accessible - in a read only format).

As said in the article this doesn't mean we are closing the forums for ever, btu we need to work on a new format that will better suit our needs for you, our Community.

Please feel free to keep on using the forums until then.

To join our community hosted platforms click on these links: Reddit and Discord.

Thanks for your continued support!

Glad they announced they were gonna hand the community over to a Discord dictatorship before I spent any real money on the game...........Luck to all.......*__*

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

Ancient_Exile #3 Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:58 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

If all the other CHICKEN [edited]NORTH AMERICAN players who are frightened like feinting sheep to speak out against the herd of GOOBERS who are in control of the FAKE "OFFICIAL DISCORD" server would NUT up and learn that just because you OPPOSE ARDEZ, DETPOOOPER, or any of the other "Discord Clown Crew" then your world won't freaking end and there isn't a damn thing thye can do to you but BAN you from the Discord...........Grow a pair fellow North Americans and speak out like they are in the EU forum

http://forum.totalwararena.net/index.php?/topic/4492-player-relation-message-for-the-community-by-the-community/

Or remain castrated and DOCILE just how they want you XD...................

Edited by Ancient_Exile, 21 February 2018 - 12:59 AM.

Ardez #4 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:19 AM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian
I'm going to miss our chats, Ancient.

Ancient_Exile #5 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:52 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View PostArdez, on 20 February 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

I'm going to miss our chats, Ancient.

I never chat with you and im the only [edited]who's ever stood up to you on this forum..................EVER, well except APOLLO used to and I don't know what happened to him..........Yall got them (the sheep on the discord) so afraid of yall because of you're Praetorian status it aint even funny................XD enjoy.........

traumadisaster #6 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:56 AM

Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
Ancient I sent you a private message

balkasg #7 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:58 AM

Lance-corporal

https://i.imgur.com/WRkqSlV.jpg

Ancient_Exile #8 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:07 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View Postbalkasg, on 20 February 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

Never gonna happen NEVER................Won't ever support it.......Enjoy though

balkasg #9 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:10 AM

Lance-corporal

What's not going to happen? Why did you quote me, I don't give a [edited] what you do.

HELL_SunTzu #10 Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:18 AM

Sergeant

Since they're closing the forums.... let the shiet posting commence!

Ardez #11 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:02 AM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View Postbalkasg, on 20 February 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

What's not going to happen? Why did you quote me, I don't give a [edited]what you do.

Don't worry, it isn't your fault. He would rather assume you are arguing with him than just making a statement about the forums that isn't about himself or me.

wwolfvn #12 Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:33 AM

Sergeant

RIP

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

KreepyKritter #13 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:32 PM

Lance-corporal

It seems the core complaint from the Dev side is that it's too hard to communicate with the entire playerbase across 3 English speaking forums. The solution, it would seem, is to condense those 3 into a single forum. Without knowing enough about this particular forum platform, the only real drawback would be the potential for losing older posts that may or may not be deemed important. A solution would be to create an archive section in the new forum into which all older posts from previous iterations of said forum. 

Dropping the entire forum platform in the round file seems like a lazy and cowardly response. Also, the implicit endorsement of a small cadre of players seems short-sighted and detrimental to the free and open communication of the rest of the community, regardless of the mentality or motivations of those few players in control of the Discord/Reddit platforms. Further, some of us already have a rather cacophonous collection of various Discord servers to keep up with. Adding another voice in the wilderness isn't going to improve engagement. At least on a centralized forum there's the illusion of unbiased moderation and open communication. On a third-party's sub-reddit platform, the implied bias towards said third party will instantly limit the number of people willing to communicate, and silence many people who might otherwise have freely offered their opinions.

sicariau #14 Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:42 PM

Lance-corporal

no, its because they dont want to pay for it. as they just fired a bunch of people
Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click. i really wish there was a pause button -AE

RambosTeamSergeant #15 Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:19 AM

Junior Sergeant

https://www.gamespot...e/1100-6435097/

Shouldn't be a cost issue, but it probably is 

Nooberto #16 Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:40 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Praetorian
Ancient - You know how I feel about you, but I have to admit this a bit much even for you. If you are so dissatisfied with this game that a change in area of forum will make you quit, I don't know what to say to you besides best of luck in any new game you play. You've been around a while and you should realize the joining of forums/communities is a good thing, not a bad thing.
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

Ancient_Exile #17 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:24 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View PostNooberto, on 21 February 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

Ancient - You know how I feel about you, but I have to admit this a bit much even for you. If you are so dissatisfied with this game that a change in area of forum will make you quit, I don't know what to say to you besides best of luck in any new game you play. You've been around a while and you should realize the joining of forums/communities is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Brother, I never said I was quitting but I said I wouldn't ever support the little FAKE "Official Discord Clown Crew" aspect of things.........So I will never be a part of that little weird universe........Now if a completely new DISCORD appeared 100% ran and moderated by WG/CA employees then yeah I could get on board but the people who are in charge of that particular one are very toxic for the community from many different aspects.........I realize you're a Praetorian (and one of the only ones who deserve/earned the title) but that still doesn't change the fact that this schism/ divide/consolidation all-in-one will further divide the community..........Let a month or so slip by without me and my persona around to keep things interesting and every damn one of y'all will think damn it would so much more interesting if Ancient_Exile was around.............You guys enjoy but I will never get on board ever.............For the first month of "Open Season" I will just prolly play strictly solo, so when you see me NOOB, take it easy on me>.........LoL, me quit arena>> BAH.......This game will need good SOLO players to their parts so hopefully I can fill that slot..........I truly wish y'all the best but look forward (I fear) to witnessing the worst............

wwolfvn #18 Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:05 AM

Sergeant

View PostKreepyKritter, on 21 February 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

It seems the core complaint from the Dev side is that it's too hard to communicate with the entire playerbase across 3 English speaking forums. The solution, it would seem, is to condense those 3 into a single forum. Without knowing enough about this particular forum platform, the only real drawback would be the potential for losing older posts that may or may not be deemed important. A solution would be to create an archive section in the new forum into which all older posts from previous iterations of said forum. 

Dropping the entire forum platform in the round file seems like a lazy and cowardly response. Also, the implicit endorsement of a small cadre of players seems short-sighted and detrimental to the free and open communication of the rest of the community, regardless of the mentality or motivations of those few players in control of the Discord/Reddit platforms. Further, some of us already have a rather cacophonous collection of various Discord servers to keep up with. Adding another voice in the wilderness isn't going to improve engagement. At least on a centralized forum there's the illusion of unbiased moderation and open communication. On a third-party's sub-reddit platform, the implied bias towards said third party will instantly limit the number of people willing to communicate, and silence many people who might otherwise have freely offered their opinions.

Not really related, but are you studying for GRE?

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

KreepyKritter #19 Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:29 AM

Lance-corporal

View Postwwolfvn, on 21 February 2018 - 10:05 PM, said:

Not really related, but are you studying for GRE?

Nnnnnno... that's literally how I write 90% of the time...

However, I did just finish a 20 page analytical market report for my CEO right before writing that, so the tone and verbiage may have carried over.

Ancient_Exile #20 Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:48 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View PostKreepyKritter, on 21 February 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

Nnnnnno... that's literally how I write 90% of the time...

However, I did just finish a 20 page analytical market report for my CEO right before writing that, so the tone and verbiage may have carried over.

Blood Drinker IV........http://forum.totalwararena.com/index.php?/topic/3164-blood-drinker-iv1000000-kills/

14 user(s) are reading this topic