Jump to content


Pikes are meant to be the premiere defensive unit right?


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Nooberto #21 Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Praetorian
  • 831
  • Member since:
    02-21-2017

View PostRobert_Oakridge, on 20 February 2018 - 05:46 AM, said:

It is hard to take seriously, anyone who mouse clicks their abilities. 

As somebody who played in one of the top guilds in the world for World of Warcraft, I have only one thing to say to you.

 

I was a clicker playing on 5 FPS as a Main Tank. Come at me.


I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

Mister_Avnas #22 Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:05 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 90
  • Member since:
    10-12-2011

View PostDETrooper, on 19 February 2018 - 01:08 AM, said:

So, are pikes just supposed to be unstoppable walls of defense? They need a hard counter just like every other unit has.

 

>hard counters

 

hard counters are bad game design. this is a tactical game with the guise of WOT, not a cardgame with the guise of top trumps.


Edited by Mister_Avnas, 20 February 2018 - 06:06 PM.


Robert_Oakridge #23 Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:36 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 115
  • Member since:
    09-14-2017

View PostNooberto, on 20 February 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

As somebody who played in one of the top guilds in the world for World of Warcraft, I have only one thing to say to you.

 

I was a clicker playing on 5 FPS as a Main Tank. Come at me.

 

This is not WOW and take the first part of your name and that is how I feel about mouse clicking abilities.  You will never be able to hang with people using hotkeys in a balanced game because it is so much faster.  Which reinforces opinions regarding the imbalance of many units in this game that ppl are able to mouse click and hang with ppl using hotkeys.  

Edited by Robert_Oakridge, 20 February 2018 - 06:36 PM.


Ancient_Exile #24 Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:19 AM

    Zhayedan

  • Silver Shield
  • 1,428
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View PostRobert_Oakridge, on 20 February 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

 

This is not WOW and take the first part of your name and that is how I feel about mouse clicking abilities.  You will never be able to hang with people using hotkeys in a balanced game because it is so much faster.  Which reinforces opinions regarding the imbalance of many units in this game that ppl are able to mouse click and hang with ppl using hotkeys. 

 

You're just a weee bit irate that I have mouse clicked the crap out your [edited] one too many times.............Robo-barb.........Not everyone can do what I do with a mouse and its only because I am left-handed as it took me forever to get used timing my clicks (as counters so to speak for certain movements).............Get good *__*

"You can't get blood out of a stone"


MikeLapTrap #25 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:43 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 772
  • Member since:
    11-11-2014

View PostAncient_Exile, on 20 February 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

 

You're just a weee bit irate that I have mouse clicked the crap out your [edited] one too many times.............Robo-barb.........Not everyone can do what I do with a mouse and its only because I am left-handed as it took me forever to get used timing my clicks (as counters so to speak for certain movements).............Get good *__*

 

Well soon enough this forum will be closed. Your still free to express your opinions on the new official communities for this game. However, be aware that telling someone to "Get good" in this manner is considered as a direct insult to another player and against the rules on those new communities.

 

It's also regulated by the community, so as long as the general consensus is to not have toxicity then the public opinion will be capable to stamping out those tendencies of yours.



Robert_Oakridge #26 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:56 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 115
  • Member since:
    09-14-2017

I don't care lol.  No one takes him seriously.   For some reason he can't distinguish the difference between being good and figuring out how to exploit Cynane with pikes.  He's the only person on NA or EU forums that has defended the imbalance of pikes from the start.  This includes many pike players who have been honest about the imbalance.  His idea of mouse clicking the crap out of me is to let my falxmen charge his rear then use rapid advance to 180 light saber me.  His couple videos he's shared shows how slow he plays the game.  He's now getting cranky that his gimmick  has all but been erased.  

 

Like I said go play barbs and mouse click abilities and see how it goes.  



Ancient_Exile #27 Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:56 AM

    Zhayedan

  • Silver Shield
  • 1,428
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View PostMikeLapTrap, on 20 February 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

 

Well soon enough this forum will be closed. Your still free to express your opinions on the new official communities for this game. However, be aware that telling someone to "Get good" in this manner is considered as a direct insult to another player and against the rules on those new communities.

 

It's also regulated by the community, so as long as the general consensus is to not have toxicity then the public opinion will be capable to stamping out those tendencies of yours.

 

I will never support anything other than an OFFICIAL forum.............So enjoy MIKE.......The only place y'all can roam unopposed is there............With the chicken crap NA player base yall should have no issues controlling them and their thoughts on what features should be in the game..................*__*

"You can't get blood out of a stone"


Ancient_Exile #28 Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:25 AM

    Zhayedan

  • Silver Shield
  • 1,428
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View PostRobert_Oakridge, on 20 February 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

I don't care lol.  No one takes him seriously.   For some reason he can't distinguish the difference between being good and figuring out how to exploit Cynane with pikes.  He's the only person on NA or EU forums that has defended the imbalance of pikes from the start.  This includes many pike players who have been honest about the imbalance.  His idea of mouse clicking the crap out of me is to let my falxmen charge his rear then use rapid advance to 180 light saber me.  His couple videos he's shared shows how slow he plays the game.  He's now getting cranky that his gimmick  has all but been erased.

 

Like I said go play barbs and mouse click abilities and see how it goes.

 

You're a flat out lie as 90 percent of your tunnel vision charges crashed head long into my pikes while you would attempt to play barbs in the WIDE open then cry when ya got barraged or something.......................Ummmm I would be just fine as barbs its not my fault you suck at MULTI tasking XD................Get good

Edited by Ancient_Exile, 22 February 2018 - 01:42 AM.

"You can't get blood out of a stone"


_Requiem__ #29 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:06 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 62
  • Member since:
    03-31-2017
See you on the new official forums AX, look forward to it

MikeLapTrap #30 Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:06 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 772
  • Member since:
    11-11-2014

View PostAncient_Exile, on 20 February 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

 

I will never support anything other than an OFFICIAL forum.............So enjoy MIKE.......The only place y'all can roam unopposed is there............With the chicken crap NA player base yall should have no issues controlling them and their thoughts on what features should be in the game..................*__*

 

Well its been announced already that the "official" forums of communication to be recognized by both WG and CA for the community of Total War Arena is the Discord and Reddit. This forum will soon be closed out. If you wish to continue to give your verbal feedback to the devs, then after this forum closes your options are the Discord and the Reddit page for the discord channel.

 

The official announcement from WG:

http://forum.totalwa...-the-community/


Edited by MikeLapTrap, 21 February 2018 - 04:07 AM.


sicariau #31 Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:36 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 43
  • Member since:
    03-01-2013
rofl. he really does want a unit that is just good at everything at the same time. i called it before the patch released, i quietly told several people that archers were getting an indirect buff. i see that he didnt mention archers at all, wonder why.
Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click. i really wish there was a pause button -AE

Robert_Oakridge #32 Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:27 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 115
  • Member since:
    09-14-2017

View PostAncient_Exile, on 20 February 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

 

You're a flat out lie as 90 percent of your tunnel vision charges crashed head long into my pikes while you would attempt to play pikes in the WIDE open then cry when ya got barraged or something.......................Ummmm I would be just fine as barbs its not my fault you suck at MULTI tasking XD................Get good

 

Like I said no one takes you seriously.  In your videos you micro slow af but still do well because of broken pikes.  I never frontally charged your pikes and haven't been killed by you since pike turn speed got patched a while back.  You would just get charged in the back then mouse click rapid advance and kill everything.  Thanks for finding it during beta so they could patch it, now go find a new game since they are balancing this one. 

 



Robert_Oakridge #33 Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:28 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 115
  • Member since:
    09-14-2017

View Postsicariau, on 21 February 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

rofl. he really does want a unit that is just good at everything at the same time. i called it before the patch released, i quietly told several people that archers were getting an indirect buff. i see that he didnt mention archers at all, wonder why.

 

Mouse clickers can't handle balance. 

Nooberto #34 Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:43 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Praetorian
  • 831
  • Member since:
    02-21-2017

View PostRobert_Oakridge, on 20 February 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

This is not WOW and take the first part of your name and that is how I feel about mouse clicking abilities.  You will never be able to hang with people using hotkeys in a balanced game because it is so much faster.  Which reinforces opinions regarding the imbalance of many units in this game that ppl are able to mouse click and hang with ppl using hotkeys.  

You must consider yourself extremely clever to point out a name that I chose for myself. If you doubt my gaming ability, please feel free to find me on the battlefields in Arena. Also, I literally just said to you that I was able to hang with people who use hotkeys because I was in a top world guild but I guess that went over your head.

 

See you in-game Passive Aggressive Memer.



Robert_Oakridge #35 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:07 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 115
  • Member since:
    09-14-2017

View PostNooberto, on 21 February 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

You must consider yourself extremely clever to point out a name that I chose for myself. If you doubt my gaming ability, please feel free to find me on the battlefields in Arena. Also, I literally just said to you that I was able to hang with people who use hotkeys because I was in a top world guild but I guess that went over your head.

 

See you in-game Passive Aggressive Memer.

 

I've never met anyone that wasn't good at WoW.... i played it for free until level 20 but it bored me.  Sorry if I give zero f...s about you claiming to be good at that trash game.  See you on the battlefield mouse click guy.   This is my in game name.  Come get it.  

bentalton #36 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:26 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 110
  • Member since:
    08-17-2013
i would just like to point out that just cause some1 uses mouse click instead of hotkey dosent make them bad in fact i would say the opposite as it takes longer to move your mouse to an ability than it does to press one button

Ancient_Exile #37 Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:47 AM

    Zhayedan

  • Silver Shield
  • 1,428
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View PostRobert_Oakridge, on 21 February 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

 

I've never met anyone that wasn't good at WoW.... i played it for free until level 20 but it bored me.  Sorry if I give zero f...s about you claiming to be good at that trash game.  See you on the battlefield mouse click guy.   This is my in game name.  Come get it. 

 

Ummmmm like if someone is gonna spend time chasing down a player in battle its gonna be someone with a bad azzz name like "Captain_Anquish" or "Sloppy_Joe" >>for example............I mean I would never chase down someone with a freaking name like Robert_Oakrig I mean LoL wth???.....All the times I killed you was from you crashing into pikes.......Sounds really fierce so he must be a high threat R-O-F-L...................Get good!

"You can't get blood out of a stone"


wwolfvn #38 Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:21 AM

    Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 481
  • Member since:
    02-24-2017

View PostRobert_Oakridge, on 21 February 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

This is my in game name.  Come get it.  

 


"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."


MikeLapTrap #39 Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:52 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 772
  • Member since:
    11-11-2014

View Postwwolfvn, on 21 February 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

 



Ancient_Exile #40 Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:43 AM

    Zhayedan

  • Silver Shield
  • 1,428
  • Member since:
    11-24-2016

View PostMikeLapTrap, on 21 February 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

 

Except U obviously.............That's fine everyone still has all the memories at the numerous times you were forum slapped all around like a chump so they made y'all Praetorians (to give ya your own little posting potty) cause ya couldn't swing it in the real forum where ya had actual OPPOSITION...........But hey no one dare to oppose ya on the Discord so enjoy it............XD so lame

Almost forgot Blood Drinker IV...http://forum.totalwararena.com/index.php?/topic/3164-blood-drinker-iv1000000-kills/


Edited by Ancient_Exile, 22 February 2018 - 03:50 AM.

"You can't get blood out of a stone"





1 user(s) are reading this topic