Vici is broken or unit abilities are 10X too powerful

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Mister_Avnas #1 Posted 16 February 2018 - 12:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

i started playing as roman swords for the first time since alpha. let me just talk about the stat differences when facing the same exact unit with the same exact equipment if you're against ceasar.

for instance, with VI heavy roman infantry, because of how strong parry and formed combat are, somebody using vici will always win. because they have +65% defense against anyone else who didn't use vici on them first. so how are you supposed to beat vici? run away? not possible as armored legion against centurion, for instance. 

to compound of ridiculously broken this ability is, it also disables unit abilities like infantry charge, meaning that you also lose the initial charge in any engagement. and also because you can't go into formed combat you take 10% more damage from this.

and all of this is on top of the vici ability's original effect which vs germanicus causes -40% or more melee attack

to make matters worse, if you're using a unit that relies on it's abilities like phalanx or cavalry, it just turns your unit off, essentially. what can a pike do if it's just standing there?

Edited by Mister_Avnas, 16 February 2018 - 01:01 AM.

macpla_NA #2 Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players

You know that VICI works only if Caesar commander is not engaged, right ? This is solution you are looking for.

In terms of Formed Combat I think is still little too generous as a BUFF. Or let me put it different way, phalanx formation which base pretty much on the same mechanics is not increasing Spear/Pike unit defensive  capabilities, so now we have this situation where we shifted balance towards sword, ...again.

Formed combat decreases phalanx penetration rate, yet phalanx gives zero extra buffs for defense. I think that Formed combat should work similar way (you get extra defensive bonuses simply by having your models facing direction of your choice, so you could leverage to maximum shield defense factor of your unit).

Edited by macpla_NA, 16 February 2018 - 02:54 AM.

Ancient_Exile #3 Posted 16 February 2018 - 03:01 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
The way to fix Caesar's silent ability is to make it ONLY work on commander abilities and not have any effect on individual unit abilities.......Then it would be balanced......... It will never happen though because boy would the little Romans on the hill become very disgruntled......*__*

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

DETrooper #4 Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:56 AM

Sergeant

• Praetorian

View PostAncient_Exile, on 15 February 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

The way to fix Caesar's silent ability is to make it ONLY work on commander abilities and not have any effect on individual unit abilities.......Then it would be balanced......... It will never happen though because boy would the little Romans on the hill become very disgruntled......*__*

Yeah but Vici makes pike players mad so I'd never want it to be nerfed.

Mister_Avnas #5 Posted 16 February 2018 - 06:55 AM

Lance-corporal

View PostDETrooper, on 16 February 2018 - 04:56 AM, said:

Yeah but Vici makes pike players mad so I'd never want it to be nerfed.

it should make everyone mad, those were numbers with swords not pikes.

Vipus_2017 #6 Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:39 AM

Lance-corporal

Why are people complaining about an ability that can be removed by melee damage with as many Calvary players as there are. All 1 gave person has to do is send 1 unit into the silencing unit and the ability is gone. It is strong but it is easily counter-able.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users