False God reviews the Triarii, tier VII Roman premium spear infantry

triarii premium unit review

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

False_God #1 Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

https://www.youtube....h?v=NxJc7HV8i3s

Sorry for the delay in getting this out. I had things ready to roll then patch 2.4 changed the stats and the Triarii had to be revisited.

I don't dislike the Triarii but they simply don't work for me. They are too slow to flank and not strong enough to hold the line, especially against tier 8, 9, or 10 units.

If you are getting better results with them let me know. I'd love to find a way to use them better.

DETrooper #2 Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:58 AM

Sergeant

• Praetorian
When they first came out the Triarii were literally unstoppable. Alexander cav rear charges would just tickle them when in oath, plus the fact that oath had +150% melee defense whereas it now has +70%. You could easily get 10-15k point games with Triarii just camping the base and fighting the entire enemy team in oath.

False_God #3 Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

Damn I feel like I missed the boat on that one. Can you recall if this was before there were too many people at higher tiers and they were going up against tier V's?

I'm looking forwards to reviewing these guys once the game has had full release. Hopefully MM will be much more evenly distributed at that time. I'm also planning on including the effects of Oath and the validity of a Scipio general as well as their use as artillery guards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users