Friendly fire penalties.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

LordPanqueque #1 Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:58 PM

Private

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
Is it me or are the penalties from friendly fire still too light? im just tired of having my units wiped out by fellows slingers units. I just lost 2 complete units at the hands of an ally...

macpla_NA #2 Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players

This is double edge sword bro, I could say that I am tired of squads running on my Phalanx. 

But penalties for FF are quite high on high tiers.

Zurokun #3 Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:06 PM

Private

For the most part I think the current penalty is fine.  FF is bad no doubt, but with the current penalty you can still use FF as a tactical decision without breaking your bank or score which is fine with me.  With the current system some FF isn't bad but if you wipe out a full unit's worth of health the penalty is pretty steep.

You also run into the issue of was it really the player's fault they got FF?  Did the fellow infantry player just charge into an enemy during a barrage/volley?  Who should be penalized? I myself have mistakenly ran into a friendly phalanx a time or two, was it that player's fault for my mistake?

Frankly, no matter how high the penalty you will always have that one player that isn't paying attention every once in a while or doesn't care, but those are usually isolated cases and not the norm.  It also helps if the FF is maliciously intended towards you or other players it is a bannable offense.

I also feel that by having more players outside of a closed beta test will give us better matchmaking.  So in theory the better a player you are, the less of those players that are more inclined to 'FF their whole team' you will see.

Edited by Zurokun, 14 February 2018 - 03:08 PM.

traumadisaster #4 Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:14 PM

Sergeant

View PostZurokun, on 14 February 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

For the most part I think the current penalty is fine.  FF is bad no doubt, but with the current penalty you can still use FF as a tactical decision without breaking your bank or score which is fine with me.  With the current system some FF isn't bad but if you wipe out a full unit's worth of health the penalty is pretty steep.

You also run into the issue of was it really the player's fault they got FF?  Did the fellow infantry player just charge into an enemy during a barrage/volley?  Who should be penalized? I myself have mistakenly ran into a friendly phalanx a time or two, was it that player's fault for my mistake?

Frankly, no matter how high the penalty you will always have that one player that isn't paying attention every once in a while or doesn't care, but those are usually isolated cases and not the norm.  It also helps if the FF is maliciously intended towards you or other players it is a bannable offense.

I also feel that by having more players outside of a closed beta test will give us better matchmaking.  So in theory the better a player you are, the less of those players that are more inclined to 'FF their whole team' you will see.

I agree zuro.  I'm thinking there may be a lot of ff the first couple weeks with new people and we will have to just get through it.  But maybe nit so bad as the experienced players will also be at low tiers so that will help.

Kind of brainstorming now maybe if I can't get an archer to stop firing as they don't know infantry can't back out easily, then maybe I could back out any way but instead going to shield the archer, just leave him to his lonesome...kind of hurts the win chances though :(

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users