Jump to content


Scoring system


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Richard_Q_Cranium #1 Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:03 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 1
  • Member since:
    09-22-2015
Played a game where a guy sat all 3 of his infantry units in a forest all game and did not contribute to any fights whatsoever. near the end once most of us were killed he ran onto the other teams base, sat on the flag and as all the other teams which had almost blacked out health bars went at him his score sky rocketed from the teens to almost 5000. We still lost and having 2 DC's also really doesn't help but the fact i spent all game doing my best with my friends to achieve a win and someone can come in and vulture the top spot and awards by doing nothing is [edited], and makes me not want to bother playing.

macpla_NA #2 Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:31 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 16
  • Member since:
    02-04-2018

You will always find some prick in-game who will abuse system just to farm score points, and this applies for any score system you come up with. 

 

MVP on the other hand should be easier to maintain by making sort of voting mechanism in-game. For me I would really enjoy to have possibility to chat over the game while still on summary.  



gistankz #3 Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:40 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 115
  • Member since:
    09-14-2017

View PostRichard_Q_Cranium, on 11 February 2018 - 11:03 PM, said:

Played a game where a guy sat all 3 of his infantry units in a forest all game and did not contribute to any fights whatsoever. near the end once most of us were killed he ran onto the other teams base, sat on the flag and as all the other teams which had almost blacked out health bars went at him his score sky rocketed from the teens to almost 5000. We still lost and having 2 DC's also really doesn't help but the fact i spent all game doing my best with my friends to achieve a win and someone can come in and vulture the top spot and awards by doing nothing is [edited], and makes me not want to bother playing.

 

Shouldn't get any offensive capture pts unless your team caps the flag.  That along with keeping the victory xp bonus high can help keep ppl playing the right way. 

Sylvado #4 Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 15
  • Member since:
    10-10-2012
Perhaps set the capture points cap a bit lower. Right now it is 3000 and 600 if you just sit on cap. I wouldn't want it to be so low it discourages a capture. I was in a battle the other night and only 2 of us went to a flank however the other team only sent one. So I went to the base with swordsmen and set up in formation while the other on my flank, cavalry, went to flank their attacking units. Although my intent was to pull some of their units back to defend I captured the base and it would have been a bad move for me to do otherwise.

Vipus_2017 #5 Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:03 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 17
  • Member since:
    11-27-2017

View PostRobert_Oakridge, on 12 February 2018 - 04:40 AM, said:

 

Shouldn't get any offensive capture pts unless your team caps the flag.  That along with keeping the victory xp bonus high can help keep ppl playing the right way. 

 

I am not entirely sure what was wrong with the previous system. It kinda sucks to lose all of your points for getting dcapped right before you win but it greatly reduces the points abuse. 



gistankz #6 Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:51 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 115
  • Member since:
    09-14-2017

View PostSylvado, on 12 February 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

Perhaps set the capture points cap a bit lower. Right now it is 3000 and 600 if you just sit on cap. I wouldn't want it to be so low it discourages a capture. I was in a battle the other night and only 2 of us went to a flank however the other team only sent one. So I went to the base with swordsmen and set up in formation while the other on my flank, cavalry, went to flank their attacking units. Although my intent was to pull some of their units back to defend I captured the base and it would have been a bad move for me to do otherwise.

 

Which is why setting a high victory bonus for xp would encourage proper play. 




2 user(s) are reading this topic