Sulla Fortify only affects base defense

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

MikeLapTrap #1 Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

this issue is repeatable accross all medium and heavy infantry lines

Palatini have 23 base shield melee defense, if you get the first shield melee upgrade then you have an addition 11. So a total of 34 shield melee defense. At T10 you have 200% increase shield melee defense on fortify and confident does not increase shield melee defense. Once fortify full activates you should have 102 shield melee defense. However, instead you have 80.

(3x23)+11=80

This was not an issue prior to the 2.4 patch. On top of the lowered base shield melee defense of all roman sword infantry by approx 5 for all tiers. This loss of 37 shield melee defense for Palatini and other varying amounts for other infantry has led to a severe performance drop in Sulla as infantry. If 2 Palatini fight eachother, one using Fortify and the other using Fromed Combat, then the Fortify will win but take extreme losses due to the minor advantage in overall melee defense. This gap is made closer by the fact that Formed Combat do a shield bash that knocks down and guarantees to hit so a lower tier Fortify might actually be worse than formed combat overall if not maxed.

HeartMiner #2 Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:17 PM

Lance-corporal

hmmmm even before 2.4 all the skills and perks that I inspected affect only base stats. 

balkasg #3 Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:51 PM

Lance-corporal

Big if true, would explain why I've been getting decimated whenever i play Sulla since last patch. This bug must be fixed promptly.

Arkkinite #4 Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:10 AM

Junior Sergeant

Actually this has (probably) always been the case for any attribute boost ability. Is that abilities never account for bonuses from equipment.

This has been the same for Steam era, when Miltiades had drop shield. Even after drop shield, i will still get the e.g. +5 shield defence from the equipment upgrade, but lose the base defence from the shield.

I suspect this the same for formed combat, vengeance, defiamce etc.

2 user(s) are reading this topic