Newbie (many questions)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

gamerongames #1 Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:28 AM

Private

• Players

I've always been a huge CIV fan and endless space fan. I downloaded arena and I am obsessed!

How similar is the arena to total Rome and Warhammer 2?

Can I just straight up buy a premium membership per month or once?

If not how many coins per month for one month is how many dollars?

macpla_NA #2 Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:23 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players

1. Game is free2play. Play with it a little, then consider if you like to pay for premium. Learn how the in-game economy model works and then pick the best strategy for yourself. In general you pay real money for a in-game gold currency which then you can use for various reasons (gold does not expire, as long as you have it, you can use it). In game main menu click on gold and you will see nice interface which will suppose to help you understand mechanic behind it. 

2. Quite similar and quite different. It depends what 'traits' you compare. For instance both are JUST games. In TWA you have to COOP to win, and you play against humans so it gives you different game experience.

3. You have 0 space units in TWA, but always nice to know that you are a >space fan<. I am eating meat for instance. 

Arkkinite #3 Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:05 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

1. Combat is somewhat similar. Real time combat with many unit types, but rome/warhammer have heavier emphasis on unit movement, while twa is on abilities. Rome/warhammer has grand campaign province management, twa does not. A bit similar to Endless Space, but i think Endless has a more interesting empire management.

2. Not too much study on premium stuff. 

OtterWolf #4 Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

Lance-corporal

The Premium shop will probably expand after open beta starts.. (Feb 22)

If the TWA premium shop is consistent with other WG titles, you will be able to buy gold to spend on stuff like premium time, or converting unit XP to free XP.

They will probably offer premium time for purchase in the shop as well.. you might even see a discount.

Currently, you can buy 2500 gold for $9.99 USD.  Which is a bit cheaper than World of Warships doubloons, ($12.69) or the unified World of Tanks and World of Warplanes gold.. ($12.63)

That 2500 gold will get you 30 days of premium time.  Which is a lot cheaper than spending 250 gold for just one day.

So, if you play every day, buying a month's worth is the better deal.. but if you are only going to play sporadically, you can just buy it for the days you play.

Sometimes premium time is bundled together with premium units, and often at a savings.  Just keep an eye on the premium shop, since things change often.

Hope this helps... I think I'm going to go buy the WarDogs bundle now, it comes with 20 bucks worth of gold..

Gray Wolf Gaming Recruitment Officer      http://graywolfgamers.enjin.com/

___World of Warships OBT | World of Warplanes | Total War: Arena CBT____

THEGEEK55 #5 Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

Private

Hello, I was playing at the beta of Total War Arena and now I come back to play the open beta with my friends and suddenly when I choose a commend and start a part of me ECHEC D'ARBITRAGE, now I can not play anymore please help me .

1 user(s) are reading this topic