Jump to content


Friendly Fire


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Venerable999 #1 Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:32 AM

    Private

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 1
  • Member since:
    07-16-2012
Simply put, friendly fire is ruining this game. Getting nailed for friendly fire when someone runs into the enemy you have been shooting with your archers for the last minute is ridiculous. How is it my fault that someone runs into me shooting arrows? Also there is nothing I can do about terrible players just murdering me with their archers cause they don't care. The game is fun, but this is driving me nuts and I feel like it is just going to remain this way. What is the plan folks? How do we deal with this huge issue?

traumadisaster #2 Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 329
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012
It's not going to remain this way, the player base will change after beta and we will be playing on NA server.

mkloby #3 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:02 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 100
  • Member since:
    03-21-2013

View Posttraumadisaster, on 04 February 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

It's not going to remain this way, the player base will change after beta and we will be playing on NA server.

 

I am predicting the opposite. It will remain a problem that will result in some sort of reflected damage when certain thresholds are met, resulting in defined TK status and almost all FF damage reflected on the TK unit in the worst cases. Most don’t need this incentive to learn, but a minority do. The truly bad FF is a small portion, but it only takes a small cut of the player base to create a large problem. Some will still not learn and will simply take the penalties, inviting ultimately reviews and bans.

Sylvado #4 Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:21 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 15
  • Member since:
    10-10-2012

A couple of thoughts on this.

1. I get FF warnings when there is no allied unit in the area. This may be the result of stragglers from a retreating unit. Stragglers happen in TW battles and I consider it a feature, not a bug. I will keep an eye on this.

2. I have taken FF damage when engaged I even see this at the end of the battle when everyone is capturing the base, these are AI battles mostly. This could be the desire to get XP in the final days of closed beta. I don't think having a silver penalty is enough to discourage this behavior.

3. I have notices that when my archers finish off a unit this automatically target the next closest unit, is that a necessary feature?

4. The archers do have a melee attack but as far as I can tell you have to already be engaged to use it. Could there be a toggle? For that matter, will ammunition always be unlimited for archers?



ChaosDragoon #5 Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:04 PM

    Private

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 2
  • Member since:
    05-06-2011

My friends and I have been testing out the game for the 1st time this week, and this is probably our biggest issue.

I love playing with archers and i'm very good at controlling my Friendly fire, except there is always that person that needs to go steal your kill or that just jumps into the action when not necessary, causing massive damage to them without us wanting to....  And then there's the Archer, who does not give a damn and just bombards everyone as long as he gets hits..

 

I've had some games where my army has been decimated by friendly fire for no reason. Sadly tho i'm not sure what could be done. More severe penalties for FF will still result in problems for those who actually try to play carefully but did FF by mistake or not by their own faults.



Sylvado #6 Posted 08 February 2018 - 07:04 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 15
  • Member since:
    10-10-2012

View PostChaosDragoon, on 08 February 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

My friends and I have been testing out the game for the 1st time this week, and this is probably our biggest issue.

I love playing with archers and i'm very good at controlling my Friendly fire, except there is always that person that needs to go steal your kill or that just jumps into the action when not necessary, causing massive damage to them without us wanting to....  And then there's the Archer, who does not give a damn and just bombards everyone as long as he gets hits..

 

I've had some games where my army has been decimated by friendly fire for no reason. Sadly tho i'm not sure what could be done. More severe penalties for FF will still result in problems for those who actually try to play carefully but did FF by mistake or not by their own faults.

 

Not if the penalty scaled with the amount of time you continue to fire after receiving the FF notification.

ChaosDragoon #7 Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:32 PM

    Private

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 2
  • Member since:
    05-06-2011

View PostSylvado, on 08 February 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

 

Not if the penalty scaled with the amount of time you continue to fire after receiving the FF notification.

 

Yeah that could be a good way to do it

mkloby #8 Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:51 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 100
  • Member since:
    03-21-2013

View PostSylvado, on 08 February 2018 - 01:21 AM, said:

A couple of thoughts on this.

1. I get FF warnings when there is no allied unit in the area. This may be the result of stragglers from a retreating unit. Stragglers happen in TW battles and I consider it a feature, not a bug. I will keep an eye on this.

2. I have taken FF damage when engaged I even see this at the end of the battle when everyone is capturing the base, these are AI battles mostly. This could be the desire to get XP in the final days of closed beta. I don't think having a silver penalty is enough to discourage this behavior.

3. I have notices that when my archers finish off a unit this automatically target the next closest unit, is that a necessary feature?

4. The archers do have a melee attack but as far as I can tell you have to already be engaged to use it. Could there be a toggle? For that matter, will ammunition always be unlimited for archers?

 

3: you can turn this off in options.

4: hold alt and you can select melee attack at any time

 

 



Sylvado #9 Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:41 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 15
  • Member since:
    10-10-2012

View Postmkloby, on 10 February 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

 

3: you can turn this off in options.

4: hold alt and you can select melee attack at any time

 

 

 

Thanks




2 user(s) are reading this topic