Greek Sword Units

Cravings

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Ancient_Exile #21 Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View PostR_Valle, on 11 February 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

This screenshot was released with the news about Carthage coming on Open Beta. Seems like a Sword Greek Cav, maybe could we expect a Greek Sword infantry as well?
https://www.pcgamesn.com/sites/default/files/Total%20War%20Arena%20horses_0.jpg

Yeah bud I saw that but I didn't feed into it out of fear for being let down.......I mean the Greeks have a full cav line so unless they will create a whole new line I don't see where the "Aspis Companion" cavalry would fall in place at..........I mean if they make them premium and place them anywhere besides T8 then they will be wasted essentially.........I swear if they appear as a T7 premium that will be so lame...........Hoping for a whole new melee cave line for the Greeks fingers crossed...........I remember back in the Steam version when the Aspis cav would out melee the TX cataphracts............*__* Mmm mmm Greek swords mmmmmmm

Edited by Ancient_Exile, 11 February 2018 - 05:16 PM.

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

Robert_Oakridge #22 Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:13 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

View PostAncient_Exile, on 11 February 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

Sorry but if Roman spears with "Oath" and "Vengeance" didnt break the game then neither would A few sword units for the Greeks.........Too good my [edited].........Greeks deserve options (all-be-it limited) because their current role is being intricately focused completely on defense (lol even though spears can't defend Jack crap now even with Leo since 2.4) so be fair Robo barb and understand that the "Silver Shield Swordsmen" should be unleashed so as to be fair to not leave the Greeks to wallow in despair.......But wait your only for the barbs.........I understand XD.........LIMITED options WILL NOT hurt this game...........*__*

Roman commanders and even barb commanders for that matter are balanced around for the most part high attack, low/med defense units.  If you apply these to the opposite, high def, low attack spears the result is a tanky unit but not going to melt anything.  Yes there are exceptions but generally this is the case.  Greeks are balanced around low attack, high defense, high charge (cav).  If you take Miltiades' abilities and  Leo's sheld bash, which both buff attack, and apply that to high attack swords then they wouldn't be balanced.  You end up with gimped spears or OP swords.  

Additionally you seem to want Greeks to have everything.  If you step back from your bias you will see that each faction has 3 main lines.  Romans have 3.5 in  arty, swords, cav and javs.  Javs short range unit so get a .5    Barbs have swords/falx, missiles, cav.  Greeks have Cav, missiles, spears/pikes.  This is clearly by design.   Now because you play Greeks you want Greeks to have not only swords, but arty too.  Greeks are intended to be defensive.  Says so right in the tool tip.  You have the best defensive unit and still considered by many to be the best melee unit overall in pikes.  This combined with the best missiles are a great combo.  Now you want arty too.  Right now the noob arty box requires 2 players, 1 with arty and 1 with pikes.  No way should Greeks get arty.  An argument can be made for them getting swords, although I disagree.   No faction can independently handle everything and need other factions not only to compete, but far more important to this f2p model is that you must play multiple factions to experience each unit.  If they give each faction everything this would cut down on the revenue, so I don't see it happening for both of these reasons.  These are the same reasons you don't see me advocating for a spear line for barbs.  

I know you like to say barbs are OP, but if you saw how many hotkeys I use and ctrl + A or ctrl +1,3 etc. to play a match you might feel differently.  Vercingetorix defiance is OP which is why i stopped using him months ago and have asked to nerf him, especially with cav.  It dumbs the game down.  I try to stay away from any fire and forget abilities.  Go play Boudica falxmen at high tier and let me know how it goes.  I have played pikes enough to know they are still very strong and are fine as is.  You mouse click abilities and still do well with them so Greeks can't be that bad.  

Ancient_Exile #23 Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

XD I was like the main champion in the Alpha's for the Romans to get the Triarii as a premium unit so the spectacle of drama where you scream that im just about the Greeks is absolutely VOID.....................Ummmmyeha if the Greeks are to be defensive then yes they should get arty then I could use my pikes as a STATIONARY unit but wait people don't really want that right as they just want the Greeks to be pansies on the field..........Just like how they have 2 javelin units for the Carthage faction so then will Carthage now having javelins break the game as well???? Nope it won't because LIMITED options won't break this game...........Greeks have an  underwhelming roster fells horribly incomplete..........

bentalton #24 Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:03 PM

Junior Sergeant

ancient i can tell you dont know how to use hoplites properly if you honestly think they cant defend well especially with leo and shield bash

Ancient_Exile #25 Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:23 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

LoL, okay........Upload your footage sir lets see this..............

bentalton #26 Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:37 PM

Junior Sergeant

tell me how and i will as i dont know how to upload replays here

Ancient_Exile #27 Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
Just favorite it and I'll watch it later when  I log on then

bentalton #28 Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

k you can watch it later now and i was little bit wrong about it but still you will see how much damage i caused tier 7 vs tier 10

R_Valle #29 Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

Junior Sergeant

But that's the thing about Premium units, they don't necessarily rely on the Factions Traits. Romans have Triarii (defensive option and a complete rock wall with Oath), Barbarians have a Spear unit as well. Adding a Sword unit for the Greeks would add an offensive option for that they currently lack (infantry wise). All that it is needed to do is balance it properly.

Ancient_Exile #30 Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:52 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View PostR_Valle, on 14 February 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

But that's the thing about Premium units, they don't necessarily rely on the Factions Traits. Romans have Triarii (defensive option and a complete rock wall with Oath), Barbarians have a Spear unit as well. Adding a Sword unit for the Greeks would add an offensive option for that they currently lack (infantry wise). All that it is needed to do is balance it properly.

It's just a wishful scenario for me that the Greeks would receive a two tiered sword roster I doubt it will ever happen.........:(

R_Valle #31 Posted Today, 12:07 AM

Junior Sergeant

View PostAncient_Exile, on 18 February 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

It's just a wishful scenario for me that the Greeks would receive a two tiered sword roster I doubt it will ever happen.........:(

Yeah I'd love to see a Sword infantry tree being added to the Greeks, but I doubt that it will ever happen :( since they went with these "Faction Traits". :c

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users