Greek Sword Units

Cravings

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Ancient_Exile #1 Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:30 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

Since this new update has significantly made the Greek play-style one more of a defensive nature then I suggest YET AGAIN a sword infantry line for the Greeks to be able to participate in OFFENSIVE play.........SIMPLE and FAIR so please don't leave the GREEKS to wallow in DESPAIR........*__*

Release the Silver Shield Swords.........Because ya know some people don't just wanna be defensive Greeks right???

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

Rowdyman_ #2 Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
I am with ya , 

Ancient_Exile #3 Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:38 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
I'm glad you are sir because Greeks will suffer horrendously without them more than ever since this new META change has been put in effect..........

Josie_Javelin #4 Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

Lance-corporal

Mmm greek swordmen with Miltiades. :inlove:

HELL_SunTzu #5 Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:33 PM

Sergeant

View PostJosie_Javelin, on 02 February 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

Mmm greek swordmen with Miltiades. :inlove:

Oh how I long to see them again : (

Ancient_Exile #6 Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:53 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
I mean fully upgraded Miltiades can be decent on offense with spears but its just absolutely no comparison to the logistical value a sword unit can provide on the field.........

Vipus_2017 #7 Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:51 AM

Lance-corporal

Ya, and while we are getting swords for Greek lets get some axemen for the barbs.

Ancient_Exile #8 Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:03 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View PostVipus_2017, on 02 February 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

Ya, and while we are getting swords for Greek lets get some axemen for the barbs.

Well I can get on board with that but the falxies are playing the armor piercing role currently............I guess an armored unit with a one-handed axe and shield could be cool for them.......I am all for options....................*__*

traumadisaster #9 Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:22 PM

Sergeant

I'd like to see Greek swords.  Curious though did they have such units in practice?

bentalton #10 Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

Junior Sergeant

historically greeks rarely used sword infantry if at all so i highly doubt they will ever get sword infantry as hoplites and pike infantry have always been what greeks are known for using not swords. also if i recall correctly even in the total war series greeks still had no sword infantry at all was all different types of hoplites and pikes

Ancient_Exile #11 Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:09 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

Are y'all for real bringing up historical accuracy and yet we have wardogs in the game???? 4 realzzz???? Yeah actually the Greeks did adopt the Roman way of fighting with several corps of soldiers in several different Greek nations.........The third Mithridatic war is a really good example of Greek swordsmen in use..........Options, just leave factions some extra options even if this particular unit isn't as powerful as other factions main units and probably a substantial amount more costly XP wise would make this a very good feature for this game to have..........Or just go ahead and pump out a tier 8 "Silver Shield Swordsmen" premium unit for the Greeks to use......I mean come on the barbs have a spear and slinger unit..........The Romans have much needed spear units and a T7 tanky archer along with good premium cav.........So where are the Greek swords?????

bentalton #12 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:01 PM

Junior Sergeant

um wardogs were used historically. i would be ok with a couple sword units for greeks but not a full tree of them as that would ruin greek playstyle. even tips say greeks are meant as a defensive role romans offensive and barbs more for ambush/flank. so if you got a problem with greeks being defensive only then get over it and use romans if you prefer offense. also if greeks got sowrd units they should have weaker base stats than romans and barbs however they should have higher health and armor than barbs in my opinion as to not take a way from what their playstyle is meant to be

Ancient_Exile #13 Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:43 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View Postbentalton, on 05 February 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

um wardogs were used historically. i would be ok with a couple sword units for greeks but not a full tree of them as that would ruin greek playstyle. even tips say greeks are meant as a defensive role romans offensive and barbs more for ambush/flank. so if you got a problem with greeks being defensive only then get over it and use romans if you prefer offense. also if greeks got sowrd units they should have weaker base stats than romans and barbs however they should have higher health and armor than barbs in my opinion as to not take a way from what their playstyle is meant to be

There we go, you seem to feel that limiting faction play-styles with NO room for creativity is acceptable.........Well I'm sorry but I hope to see TW:A become a long-lived ENTITY and maximum INCLUSION (options for creativity via non-traditional units) is the only way that will occur good-sir! If it becomes more and more restrictive just like this current update has significantly done by boosting the speed of all factions except Greek then RIP...........SIMPLE and FAIR so please don't leave the Greeks to wallow in DESPAIR..........Unleash the "Silver Shield Swordsmen"................*__*

P.S. no they shouldn't have weaker stats (as Greeks are currently the slowest faction now)..........

traumadisaster #14 Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:22 AM

Sergeant

View PostAncient_Exile, on 05 February 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

Are y'all for real bringing up historical accuracy and yet we have wardogs in the game???? 4 realzzz???? Yeah actually the Greeks did adopt the Roman way of fighting with several corps of soldiers in several different Greek nations.........The third Mithridatic war is a really good example of Greek swordsmen in use..........Options, just leave factions some extra options even if this particular unit isn't as powerful as other factions main units and probably a substantial amount more costly XP wise would make this a very good feature for this game to have..........Or just go ahead and pump out a tier 8 "Silver Shield Swordsmen" premium unit for the Greeks to use......I mean come on the barbs have a spear and slinger unit..........The Romans have much needed spear units and a T7 tanky archer along with good premium cav.........So where are the Greek swords?????

Yes we will always bring up historical accuracy just as the devs spend a lot of time studying historical accuracy and discuss in detail. 4 realzzz!!!!

R_Valle #15 Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:31 AM

Junior Sergeant

I believe they will introduce a Greek Sword as a premium unit

Ancient_Exile #16 Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:25 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View Posttraumadisaster, on 05 February 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Yes we will always bring up historical accuracy just as the devs spend a lot of time studying historical accuracy and discuss in detail. 4 realzzz!!!!

Well then 4 realz acknowledge historically Greek swords would of been much more utilized than wardogs............Crack a book damn........Don't just go by total war wiki stuff that is quite inaccurate...........LoL

traumadisaster #17 Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:42 AM

Sergeant

View PostAncient_Exile, on 06 February 2018 - 01:25 AM, said:

Well then 4 realz acknowledge historically Greek swords would of been much more utilized than wardogs............Crack a book damn........Don't just go by total war wiki stuff that is quite inaccurate...........LoL

"Are y'all for real bringing up historical accuracy and yet we have wardogs in the game???? 4 realzzz????"

As you laugh that war dogs were not used in history, hahahnaha

gistankz #18 Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

Junior Sergeant

As nice as Greek swords would be idk how they would balance them with Miltiades and Leonidas.  These 2 generals are clearly balanced around hoplites and pikes.  The stats of sword infantry combined with the commander abilities would be too good.  Alexander could be balanced with swords and I see no issues with Cynane, but with Leo and Milti you would be making swords too strong or spears too weak because their stats are so different. 

Ancient_Exile #19 Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:50 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View PostRobert_Oakridge, on 06 February 2018 - 09:47 AM, said:

As nice as Greek swords would be idk how they would balance them with Miltiades and Leonidas.  These 2 generals are clearly balanced around hoplites and pikes.  The stats of sword infantry combined with the commander abilities would be too good.  Alexander could be balanced with swords and I see no issues with Cynane, but with Leo and Milti you would be making swords too strong or spears too weak because their stats are so different. 

Sorry but if Roman spears with "Oath" and "Vengeance" didnt break the game then neither would A few sword units for the Greeks.........Too good my [edited].........Greeks deserve options (all-be-it limited) because their current role is being intricately focused completely on defense (lol even though spears can't defend Jack crap now even with Leo since 2.4) so be fair Robo barb and understand that the "Silver Shield Swordsmen" should be unleashed so as to be fair to not leave the Greeks to wallow in despair.......But wait your only for the barbs.........I understand XD.........LIMITED options WILL NOT hurt this game...........*__*

R_Valle #20 Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

Junior Sergeant

This screenshot was released with the news about Carthage coming on Open Beta. Seems like a Sword Greek Cav, maybe could we expect a Greek Sword infantry as well?
https://www.pcgamesn.com/sites/default/files/Total%20War%20Arena%20horses_0.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic