New balance of power and capture points are retained issues....

Gruesome

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Ancient_Exile #1 Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

With the new "Retained Capture Points" implementation I have witnessed in several matches

barb cavalry sneaking right to the enemy base to grab early cap points then leave when opposing units returned to defend their base. This is going to be really exploited for easy points and will become a very consistent aspect as more cavalry players catch on to this. In solo oriented matches people are out to have fun not baby sit their base and worry about a cap in the first 3 minutes of gameplay. Fine, after 5 minutes survey the field and then fall back if it appears that defense will be needed at the base. Unfortunately though, this will no longer be the case as everyone will be focused on defense because of the new feature where you retain your points if you leave the base, so this feature is one that should really be reconsidered. 

Now on the new "Balance of Power" system I am at a crossroads because numbers can just plummet all of the sudden. This is not as easy as the previous system that showed actual numbers because am I suppose to stare at the balance of power digits now or actually play the game? Then I can have 8k points while the guy above me has 9k and the two beneath breaking 4k then all of the sudden whooomph your balance of power will plummet by 400 instantly. So I find it a tedium task to focus on as I have to constantly survey the field instead of play my own units now for arty it is good because surveying is a part of their playstyle but for infantry when your normally in the thick of a melee for half the battle (and ya cant break away or spare the time to survey) its not a good system.

Okay, so as far as a units value goes in the particular echelon of things then I haven't quite got it figured out yet (not enough battles with the new system yet) but from what I see is that this value system will be a manipulated thing when groups figure out the best composition that will provide a consistent "Balance of Power" ratio when units are lost. These are just some day one concerns I am putting out there about the new update. This is just your local disgruntled conspiracy theorist providing feedback so carry on............:angry: And for Pete's sake (bless his soul) since when are tier 7 archers fast I mean come on????????

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

Ancient_Exile #2 Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:08 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
OMG after 20ish more battles OMG only the barbs can attain aggression points............????? What was the logic behind this decision???? If this remains then give us SWORDS for the GREEK roster immediately like TODAY.........Because you choose to play GREEK doesn't mean you should be forced into a defensive ROLE..................SWORDS for the GREEKS or else the GREEKS are done.......Simple and plain........

Mister_Avnas #3 Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:03 AM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

View PostAncient_Exile, on 02 February 2018 - 03:08 AM, said:

OMG after 20ish more battles OMG only the barbs can attain aggression points............????? What was the logic behind this decision???? If this remains then give us SWORDS for the GREEK roster immediately like TODAY.........Because you choose to play GREEK doesn't mean you should be forced into a defensive ROLE..................SWORDS for the GREEKS or else the GREEKS are done.......Simple and plain........

because dogs are so popular the biggest thing i do is run away as greeks this patch

Ancient_Exile #4 Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:32 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View PostMister_Avnas, on 02 February 2018 - 05:03 AM, said:

because dogs are so popular the biggest thing i do is run away as greeks this patch

ROFL IKR but you still can't escape because you're so damn slow................Just prolong the inevitable........Because wait this patch is aimed to make pikes defensive but yet who in the hell is gonna attack em????? No one so what will they be defending, a pass, a road, or a bridge?? It won't matter as the enemy is so fast they will just divert around your position as pikes are currently to slow to reposition even with the "Rapid Advance" ability..........No one, I mean no one will attack pikes, they are now only dog fodder and ranged fodder.....Not a good patch as it really messed up a lot of game styles that were very fun and tactical as long as CREATIVITY was used.........But now its just run and click a button and then go scream on the forum that my barbs can't kill everything...............

Edited by Ancient_Exile, 02 February 2018 - 06:37 PM.

traumadisaster #5 Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:56 PM

Sergeant

PIKE PIKE PIKE, I'M GONNA PIKE YOU ALL HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ancient_Exile #6 Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:51 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View Posttraumadisaster, on 02 February 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

PIKE PIKE PIKE, I'M GONNA PIKE YOU ALL HAHAHAHAHAHAH

LoL, listen at you............I never said I'm not doing well with pikes you goober just go watch the replays if you dare.......I did say though that they are really slow and taking way an offensive option from the Greeks is not good so give them a sword line.......

The "I'm gonna pike you all" quote I use sometimes is still very valid so your mockery was for naught.........I will say this though that in ALL of my battles tonight I was the ONLY player running a 3 pike set-up the rest were one pike combos (mostly with 2 archers).........Let that speak for itself..........I will still easily be a top 1-5 player in 80% of my matches so reeeeeeeeeee........*__*

traumadisaster #7 Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:49 AM

Sergeant

Pike baby

Ancient_Exile #8 Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:55 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
The capture point system (where your points are retained) is being heavily exploited in quite a few matches I've witnessed near the end  as one player will go cap his 3000 points then step out and the next will cap out their 3000 points>>>>> so forth and so on........This is not good its giving free XP to people>>>>>> Who was responsible for this particular feature and why didn't they see it would be exploited in this manner?????? I would post video clips but I don't want to offend anyone by using them as an example for this because HELL it is a valid feature of the game now so why not use it huh???????? Whatever super-so-called-tester was responsible for pushing this idea through needs a damn good slapping though.............

Ancient_Exile #9 Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:01 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
Everything about this point system is being exploitted........Good players should take the top score not the other way around..........Please rethink this so called improved scoring system from all aspects as it is making the game really silly and not worthwhile to progress for players who actually play the game in the traditional sense........Haywo!!!!, 

bentalton #10 Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:45 PM

Junior Sergeant

ancient check out my replay and you will see not even germanicus has an easy time with greeks if using leo

bentalton #11 Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:56 PM

Junior Sergeant

btw the point system cant be exploited because its capped on how much you can get

Ancient_Exile #12 Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:07 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
Wrong thread for your feelings on hoplites m8.......But as far as the capture points not being exploitted goes; then are you for real and do you even play the same game I do?? When the game is nearing its end a coordinated team can all alternate receiving their full capture points as the base cap will restart but not the gained capture points for the individual player.......This happens every other game.......One player will cap out then leave the base and the next will cap out as well= so forth and so on..........It is a stupid aspect that should of been foreseen......Promotes xp gain abuse as opposed to the people who level up via traditional play.......Just leave your hoplite concerns in the hoplite threads but I will post one of your clips tonight if you don't mind 

bentalton #13 Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

Junior Sergeant

yes i do and never once have i ever seen any players step in and out of cap point to cap the amount they can get

Ancient_Exile #14 Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:57 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View Postbentalton, on 13 February 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

yes i do and never once have i ever seen any players step in and out of cap point to cap the amount they can get

Then apparently you haven't played many matches or you're not being observant m8..........

bentalton #15 Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:49 AM

Junior Sergeant

ive played nearly 600 matches so yes ive played plenty of matches. also its very easy to check screboard so i know for a fact no1 in any game ive done has been stepping in and out of cap for players to farm points

Ancient_Exile #16 Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:00 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

As you say sir........:amazed:

Nooberto #17 Posted 16 February 2018 - 10:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Praetorian

I do not like the idea of retaining Capture Points and I've made that abundantly clear to many people on the Discord and in-game. I even illustrated how much of a joke it is by playing Arminius and running to the capture zone and within ~2 minutes of the game I had already accumulated a free 2,500 points without having to lift a finger.

I enjoy the idea of rewarding creative gameplay, but I do not enjoy the idea of rewarding players for failing to capture the base. It's a tough decision but I would prefer some reward over no reward. Maybe lessen it to ~2K since earning 2K from combat is relatively more difficult than AFK right clicking.

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users