Update 2.4 - February 1st!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

dance210 #1 Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

Hello Commanders!

Update 2.4 will be deployed February 1. Matchmaking will be disabled at 1:00 AM PST, the server will be switched off at 1:30 AM PST for 2.5 hours. A detailed breakdown of all changes will be featured in the full patch notes, which you can find here.

traumadisaster #2 Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

Sergeant

Turn Speed

Most unit types have received an increase in turn speed, ranging on average from 20 - 30%
— This is intended to increase a sense of control and responsiveness
Cavalry have had the most significant increase to turn speed, ranging up to 80%
— This is intended to improve their overall dexterity, and allow them to escape from melee combat easier
Pikemen have not had their turn speed increased

THANKS!

traumadisaster #3 Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

Sergeant

Unit ability Phalanx Reposition was overpowered and has now been nerfed.
— Speed and Turn Speed reduced from 50% to 20%.

THANKS!

NOX_Roven #4 Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

Lance-corporal

so I fathom I wont be the only Stake master for much longer......under 10 second deployements :hiding:

Ancient_Exile #5 Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

Honestly though they should of just outright removed the tier 9 "Phalanx Reposition" abilities outright because people really abused it combined with HTL and FEAR...........Well seems like a decent patch except in the fact that War dogs are gonna be everywhere again; hopefully there will be fewer pike players on the field after the first week of being clobbered by war-dogs............*__*

BTW, I was under the impression that the attack/defense perimeters of the pike unit tree in general was gonna be affected?????

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

NOX_Roven #6 Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostAncient_Exile, on 31 January 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

Honestly though they should of just outright removed the tier 9 "Phalanx Reposition" abilities outright because people really abused it combined with HTL and FEAR...........Well seems like a decent patch except in the fact that War dogs are gonna be everywhere again; hopefully there will be fewer pike players on the field after the first week of being clobbered by war-dogs............*__*

BTW, I was under the impression that the attack/defense perimeters of the pike unit tree in general was gonna be affected?????

Booooyyyy those dogs are getting smarter arent they :amazed:

traumadisaster #7 Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

Sergeant

View PostAncient_Exile, on 31 January 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

Abusive phalanx reposition abilities and lightsaber melting incoming in 2.4.1 if needed

gistankz #8 Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

Junior Sergeant

Falx buff against filthy, mindless heavy infantry!!!

Edited by Robert_Oakridge, 31 January 2018 - 07:09 PM.

DETrooper #9 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

Sergeant

• Praetorian

the t6 legionaries are even faster now

god help us all

juliuspfpf #10 Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

Lance-corporal

Looking forward to this patch! Nice to see Dev that listen to player's feedback and actually making adjustments.

Thank you and looking forward even more for new factions.

Keep it up guys good job.

StachuMagiera #11 Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:23 PM

Private

• Players
Why do the infantry caltrops work against cavalry when they are charging. Lets me say this again, they are INFANTRY caltrops. Infantry for god sake! 30 cm small wooden stars. Would they really stop charging cavalry at full speed? This needs to be reworked.

Ardez #12 Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:43 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostStachuMagiera, on 31 January 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

Why do the infantry caltrops work against cavalry when they are charging. Lets me say this again, they are INFANTRY caltrops. Infantry for god sake! 30 cm small wooden stars. Would they really stop charging cavalry at full speed? This needs to be reworked.

Infantry caltrops in that they are carried by infantry not that they are specialized for anti-infantry?

HybridDragon #13 Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:54 AM

Junior Sergeant

Block Quote

— Profile doughnut chart tooltips have been improved.

I like the sound of this... improved doughnut. After all, an army marches on its stomach.

Also,

Block Quote

Players now earn points for damage dealt with units that they are granting vision on that the units doing damage cannot see themselves

I have a Magic card I want to introduce you to. It's got a dragon on it.

StachuMagiera #14 Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:20 PM

Private

• Players

View PostArdez, on 31 January 2018 - 10:43 PM, said:

Infantry caltrops in that they are carried by infantry not that they are specialized for anti-infantry?

Still, why some small wooden sticks stop in place a cavalry units charging at FULL speed. 

traumadisaster #15 Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:36 PM

Sergeant

View PostStachuMagiera, on 01 February 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

Still, why some small wooden sticks stop in place a cavalry units charging at FULL speed. 

Check out caltrops on YouTube the can stop a car and they can pierce through hooves and inside the horse shoe.

StachuMagiera #16 Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

Private

• Players

View Posttraumadisaster, on 01 February 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

Check out caltrops on YouTube the can stop a car and they can pierce through hooves and inside the horse shoe.

Ok but still I hope they rework caltrops in the way that if one horseman on the side hits them it doesn't stop the whole unit. That would be reasonable.

Ancient_Exile #17 Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:50 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
Worst update I have ever seen........I mean y'all are trying to fix things without supporting the factions/units you're trying to change...........If Greeks are defensive then give them heavy artillery or else add in sword infantry for the Greeks to utilize in an offensive nature......Really bad and not a very though out update............Two thumbs down

traumadisaster #18 Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:57 PM

Sergeant

View PostAncient_Exile, on 02 February 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

Worst update I have ever seen........I mean y'all are trying to fix things without supporting the factions/units you're trying to change...........If Greeks are defensive then give them heavy artillery or else add in sword infantry for the Greeks to utilize in an offensive nature......Really bad and not a very though out update............Two thumbs down

Update seemed minimal at best, impacting play slightly and not as much as patch notes suggested.  I give it an easy C+

Ancient_Exile #19 Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:28 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View Posttraumadisaster, on 02 February 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

Update seemed minimal at best, impacting play slightly and not as much as patch notes suggested.  I give it an easy C+

Nah man it's really incomplete and not thought out for an initial update because they should have already implemented the follow through for all the units they're attempting to change.........Hopefully next hotfix will be rather large and contain the missing links that are clearly/legibly missing because if not then that's gonna be bad for the whole population base........I just can't fathom that they aren't going to offer offensive units and artillery units for the Greeks.....I will give them the benefit of the doubt but man its gonna be such a regretful move if they don't.........I truly believe as well that they should deviate a little with the Barbarian swords and give them stats comparable to Roman mediums and allow them to come out of the forest with a little more stability (not overall armor but shield base and melee defense).......

1 user(s) are reading this topic