Blood Drinker IV.......1,000,000 kills

Glorious Achievements......

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

sicariau #21 Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

View PostAncient_Exile, on 01 February 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

LoL, if we're gonna go to those EXTREMES on a pike nerf crusade then shouldn't only ONE-FIFTH of a barrage ( or just 2 or 3 regular volleys) from an archer unit completely annihilate any falx unit??? XD ROFL and a dippity doo daaa day=your wanting pikes to be so broke XD.........That's not your desire for balanced play that's your desire to have a unit you utterly hate to be made obsolete...........There is a fine line between balanced and broke........Just go play and enjoy your Falx buff

extremes? every other unsupported unit that gets surrounded gets routed and every other unit that gets rear flanked cant shift sideways and with the battle... wheres the extremes? and also a barrage does completely annihilate any falx unit not sure if you were being sarcastic there or not.
Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click. i really wish there was a pause button -AE

Ancient_Exile #22 Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:20 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

No I wasn't being sarcastic if he/you desire for the pike nerf to ultimately end up in those EXTREMES then yes only ONE-FIFTH (that's a fraction in case ya didn't know) of a barrage (or 2 or 3 regular volleys) should outright murder little falxies..........Forcing Greek units to be Defensive as in you can't catch anything (even with a speed boost ability like "Rapid Advance") is a really bad bad bad bad bad EXTREME that isn't going to work except in making the Greeks pansy [edited] SQUATTERS..........But wait if I want to be OFFENSIVE I should play as Roman swords or Barbarian infantry????? If I want to be DEFENSIVE I should play as Greek???? Nah if it remains like this then this update will be a complete FAILURE because this is suffocation of pick and choose play-styles that have been just fine since the beginning...........

Basically what is happening here is we are being handed particular classes while we aren't being given the freedom to alter anything with our commander abilities..........

• Stealth/Shock class (Barbarians= high aggression capability now combined with super-duper speed)
  • Heavy class (Greeks= Defense stats/abilities with no speed to do anything but be a pansy on the field)
  • Logistical class (Romans= Disruptive abilities with multi-roled troops that can handle most any type engagements)
  • I don't know who exactly is providing the feedback (the guiding light so-to-speak) for the developers but this is too much of a restriction on faction play-styles (game will become very tedious not fun and enjoyable)
  • If I want to take a heavy unit and apply the abilities that a speedy (but weak commander) has then that should be my right as well as vice-versa......Light unit with tank style commander
  • I have adapted to EVERY single nerf/patch since this games inception (with damn good results I might add) pretty much but this update was a bad move and I don't nor will I support the META it is creating
  • I will always play this game but this is wrong on so many levels to take away all creativity a player could use when combining commanders with non-traditional units
  • UNLESS the GREEKS receive a sword infantry tree for them to utilize in an offensive manner then I can't begin to even FATHOM how this update made it past the council (or powers that be) responsible for approving its inception
  • There Sicar I used some little bullet in-lays just for you! Before you respond please actually read (I put ONE-FIFTH not a whole barrage) because how yall are wanting to break pikes hiding behind a CLEVER agenda of game balance is so tackie.........It would be like 2 or 3 regular volleys of arrows 100% destroying falxies.......That's basically the best rhetoric I can think of to aid in making you realize how you and Robo-barb sound about pikes....
  • P.S. no CYNANE pike can or has been capable of being surrounded without routing (unless they used the consumable) so XD on that bogus exaggeration
  • I mean who in the hell is gonna attack pikes head on when they now know they can out run them even with "Rapid Advance" activated???? So making them defensive by default via speed nerf has removed any meaningful kills a player could use them to achieve.........
  • Sighs with disbelief in all the imbedded grief/hate towards pikes in general
  • Enjoy your Barbarian festival until this crap is corrected Sicar XD
  • LoL I just wanna be able to run out of the woods and hit a button and murder everything= equals you and Robo-barb
  • XD because at least a pike player has to micro [edited]and maneuver around so they won't get flanked
  • Is this enough bullet in-lays???
  • CA/WG fix this by giving the Greeks a sword infantry line please......

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

Ancient_Exile #23 Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:23 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

But I wonder, yall screamed for this thread to be moved out of the feedback section but then yall come on here in the general section talking like people would in a feedback thread???..........So if this is becoming a feedback thread then shouldn't it be moved BACK to the feedback section??????? Hmmmm???? XD

sicariau #24 Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:06 PM

Lance-corporal

i need some Tylenol after reading that. mid way through half your bullet points just seemed like random breaks in a paragraph js. now goodie bullet points

•  you just want pikes as the end all melee unit when if we want to talk extremes... pikes were absolutely useless against sword or spears only used on mass against cavalry which means obviously they stayed on the flanks and werent used offensively and historically was a two handed weapon (meaning no shield)
  • Greeks have a great offensive commander. Miltiades with spears. whats the problem here? oh right you want both in one commander and unit to be the best on offense and defense.
  • there seems to have been a bug with pikes not receiving moral damage properly when flanked, they seem to have fixed it so a lot of our, meaning barb players, problems with pike moral may have been from that so it wasn't intended to begin with.
  • why should it matter if you said one fifth its not like a barrage can be paused and archers can use the leftovers somewhere else. 1/5th or 1 same result.
  • and last bullet point.i don't even think you believe half of this trash so im just not going to engage when logic and reality dont seem to play any part on this forum. and it isnt feedback because the devs already know pikes dont really fit in with the rest of the game.

lol ill see you guys in game when barbs are viable and dont lose to t7 heavys as falx t10

lol screamed. the original post was a bunch of horse [edited]and you know it i said move this trash and it was up voted a couple times. exaggerate much?

Edited by sicariau, 02 February 2018 - 12:08 PM.

traumadisaster #25 Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:53 PM

Sergeant

I can't begin to follow all of that, it's really hard to read.  But I'm glad there are those that interested to produce all of that content.

Update seems minimal to me with just slight changes and does not impact play as much as patch notes suggest.  

However, I've seen pikeman that were surrounded again, back through one of the walls of infantry to once again flank better positioned units.  

Ancient_Exile #26 Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View Postsicariau, on 02 February 2018 - 06:06 AM, said:

i need some Tylenol after reading that. mid way through half your bullet points just seemed like random breaks in a paragraph js. now goodie bullet points

•  you just want pikes as the end all melee unit when if we want to talk extremes... pikes were absolutely useless against sword or spears only used on mass against cavalry which means obviously they stayed on the flanks and werent used offensively and historically was a two handed weapon (meaning no shield)
  • Greeks have a great offensive commander. Miltiades with spears. whats the problem here? oh right you want both in one commander and unit to be the best on offense and defense.
  • there seems to have been a bug with pikes not receiving moral damage properly when flanked, they seem to have fixed it so a lot of our, meaning barb players, problems with pike moral may have been from that so it wasn't intended to begin with.
  • why should it matter if you said one fifth its not like a barrage can be paused and archers can use the leftovers somewhere else. 1/5th or 1 same result.
  • and last bullet point.i don't even think you believe half of this trash so im just not going to engage when logic and reality dont seem to play any part on this forum. and it isnt feedback because the devs already know pikes dont really fit in with the rest of the game.

lol ill see you guys in game when barbs are viable and dont lose to t7 heavys as falx t10

lol screamed. the original post was a bunch of horse [edited]and you know it i said move this trash and it was up voted a couple times. exaggerate much?

The one-fifth rhetoric does matter because that is essentially the EXTREME that your people desire pikes to be reduced to ergo the example I used in comparing what it should take to kill falxies......If yall really want to balance all extremes so XD>>Upvoted by pike haters or people with general disdain for me.......Post this so called video (where the pikes were surrounded please while backing through swords) for all to see and I bet it was Leo with HTL activated and I bet he was surrounded because the last unit alive because they are so slow and by the time he arrived on the scene all his team was dead prolly XD......................So I don't want pikes to be the end all melee but if I outplay an opponent they shouldn't be able to laugh and then use the massive speed to escape the otherwise pincer maneuver the pikes were attempting to set up...............That's not skill or balancing that is just disabling pikes all together because certain people expected to win against them head on or jump out the bushes and have an auto win when the pike player was expecting your barb fest any second and piked just in time to counter silly barb players...........Fine then remove the pikes and give us a freaking Sword line to actually run Miltiades as the Offensive commander he was designed to be............Greeks need swords to even have any semblance of versatility for players who don't like all aspects to be pre-rendered for them if this update is here to stay

Robert_Oakridge #27 Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

Junior Sergeant

I don't think anyone is sorry that you can't run out your pikes 1 unit at a time,spamming rapid advance, chasing down anything but cav, then 360 spinning, holding off 5 units at once.  I'm glad you enjoyed it while it lasted, but now you can play the same game as the rest of us.   There is a lot of success to be had with pikes still as I played them a bit today,  just have to use them more traditionally and with your team.  

Ancient_Exile #28 Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:10 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View PostRobert_Oakridge, on 02 February 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

I don't think anyone is sorry that you can't run out your pikes 1 unit at a time,spamming rapid advance, chasing down anything but cav, then 360 spinning, holding off 5 units at once.  I'm glad you enjoyed it while it lasted, but now you can play the same game as the rest of us.   There is a lot of success to be had with pikes still as I played them a bit today,  just have to use them more traditionally and with your team. 

LoL, show me some gameplay footage when im running pikes out one at a time (consistently but it does happen in certain instances when your guarding paths and no on approaches them so yeah then in those occasions you're running your ONE free unit)..........But I can easily contradict your FALSE claim with hundreds of footage clips where i'm running all 3 at once......XD....Im not saying im not gonna be successful with pikes (hell go watch the first few matches I played with them) im saying the direction this update went was not followed through with the FACTION role as a whole aspect in mind......If Greeks are to be a defensive faction then give us Artillery (such as the tier 9 OXYBELLES that they used to have so I can play defense with GREEK pikes and arty.........Its kind of silly.........If pikes/spears are going to be the only focus on making Greek's have a defensive role then give them a sword line don't talk like you know what balance in as you ( and yours) were just out to kill the Greek faction outright...................Lots of people can see that; they're just to chicken to voice their opinion on the public forum.........

traumadisaster #29 Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:42 AM

Sergeant

View PostRobert_Oakridge, on 02 February 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

BINGO

sicariau #30 Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:57 AM

Lance-corporal

lol apparently having 3 of the most broken commander abilities in fear barrage and anvil isn't quite good enough greeks are clearly under powered, and they have a very good offensive commander in Miltiades who also has the use of phalanx with spears. lol ffs why am i even here ancient you are a troll

Edited by sicariau, 03 February 2018 - 04:00 AM.

traumadisaster #31 Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:58 AM

Sergeant

View PostAncient_Exile, on 03 February 2018 - 12:10 AM, said:

LoL, show me some gameplay footage when im running pikes out one at a time (consistently but it does happen in certain instances when your guarding paths and no on approaches them so yeah then in those occasions you're running your ONE free unit)..........But I can easily contradict your FALSE claim with hundreds of footage clips where i'm running all 3 at once......XD....Im not saying im not gonna be successful with pikes (hell go watch the first few matches I played with them) im saying the direction this update went was not followed through with the FACTION role as a whole aspect in mind......If Greeks are to be a defensive faction then give us Artillery (such as the tier 9 OXYBELLES that they used to have so I can play defense with GREEK pikes and arty.........Its kind of silly.........If pikes/spears are going to be the only focus on making Greek's have a defensive role then give them a sword line don't talk like you know what balance in as you ( and yours) were just out to kill the Greek faction outright...................Lots of people can see that; they're just to chicken to voice their opinion on the public forum.........

I've got your footage, I've added it to my favorite replays.  I guess you can see it there? It's at the very end if you want to ff.  I don't know why you need footage I've seen you pull it off dozens of times.  

Btw I'm to old to learn how to post videos

Ancient_Exile #32 Posted 03 February 2018 - 04:31 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View Postsicariau, on 02 February 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

lol apparently having 3 of the most broken commander abilities in fear barrage and anvil isn't quite good enough greeks are clearly under powered, and they have a very good offensive commander in Miltiades who also has the use of phalanx with spears. lol ffs why am i even here ancient you are a troll

LoL, Barbarian mains explaining to everyone how to play the Greek faction.............:amazed:

You're in here Sicar because you hate PIKES and the Greek faction outright and use the pretense of balance to preach a friggin sermon XD.....................Go play these overpowered Greek commanders (and practice trying to be offensive with spears surrounded by swords/falxies) consistently and then get back to us on that................Don't keep this as a pike crusade but move on to a true balancing scenario to where all the factions have options and not just a set path specifically dictated by the chosen faction a player chooses.........LoL you guys........Im the troll XD....

sicariau #33 Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:18 AM

Lance-corporal

View PostAncient_Exile, on 03 February 2018 - 04:31 AM, said:

LoL, Barbarian mains explaining to everyone how to play the Greek faction.............:amazed:

You're in here Sicar because you hate PIKES and the Greek faction outright and use the pretense of balance to preach a friggin sermon XD.....................Go play these overpowered Greek commanders (and practice trying to be offensive with spears surrounded by swords/falxies) consistently and then get back to us on that................Don't keep this as a pike crusade but move on to a true balancing scenario to where all the factions have options and not just a set path specifically dictated by the chosen faction a player chooses.........LoL you guys........Im the troll XD....

well is Miltiades the best on offense? no best on defense? no

but he does both pretty damn well and is probably the fastest infantry then throw in fear and you have a damn good set up that can do pretty much anything you want besides get surrounded and still win a fight. you really sound stressed man try and calm down

Ancient_Exile #34 Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:03 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View Postsicariau, on 02 February 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

well is Miltiades the best on offense? no best on defense? no

but he does both pretty damn well and is probably the fastest infantry then throw in fear and you have a damn good set up that can do pretty much anything you want besides get surrounded and still win a fight. you really sound stressed man try and calm down

LoL, listen at the Barbarian dictate Greek facets...........Spears are anti cav not anti infantry so offense with him is still limited ergo based on initiating a route with FEAR..............

sicariau #35 Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:02 AM

Lance-corporal

oh you dont want to have to think about engagements instead of just assuming you can win everytime and without using your abilities tactically. i see the issue now

Ancient_Exile #36 Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:18 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View Postsicariau, on 03 February 2018 - 01:02 AM, said:

oh you dont want to have to think about engagements instead of just assuming you can win everytime and without using your abilities tactically. i see the issue now

Troll, did the part where I said "ergo intiating a route with fear" not represent tactical effort is needed?????? You can't just pop fear and make'em route you've gotta get  a flank hence maneuver.........Your such a goof at attempting to twist peoples words so just stop.........In other words by my wording (which was very clear by the way) spears can't kill effectively with Miltiades unless the route is accomplished hence Greek swords are needed for him to fit properly into this charade of a current META............

Edited by Ancient_Exile, 03 February 2018 - 07:30 AM.

sicariau #37 Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

Lance-corporal

no no man i get it i really do, see i didnt get the whole win every battle mindset. its my fault, as you said i play barbs so when i play infantry i go into every fight assuming ill lose. i try to juggle paying attention to what my allies are doing, am i visible to the enemy, where are enemy archers, do i have archer support, what commander and unit is the enemy etc etc before i even decide if i should attack, or at least if its possible to retreat like do i have a slow on me that nearly every greek commander has access to and just get shot in the back and die anyway so should i just say fk it and attack even though ill lose. and all of this is before the fight even starts and i need to use every unit to try and squeeze some advantage.. assuming hunt by your archer friend isnt applied negating the only advantage i have, speed. or fear or anvil. if i had to do all these things to be successful, sometimes, while clicking like you do, well i think id be upset too. i get it man i use to be a clicker too, things can seem overwhelming poor thing. it really must suck to have actually learn how to play the game after what? 3-4k battles? well we use to say l2p but if you dont know what that means these days the kids say get good.

Ancient_Exile #38 Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:37 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
Well don't just charge out of the grass and forest thinking you will auto win by surprise like you frequently do and your stats will improve Sicar I promise..........This clicker has no issues nor does he require an adaptation speech you cry baby barbarian........I have adapted to every major and minor update virtually since this games inception (with damn good results I might add) with no issues hampering my performance as in I will remain 1-5 in 80 percent of my battles so your negligent benign attack on me is for naught u silly goose..........I've done really well with this update on pikes and spears but just because I am doing good doesn't mean  I won't keep pointing out that Greek swords will be  a necessity for them to adequately perform offensively in this new charade of a META...........

sicariau #39 Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:00 AM

Lance-corporal

click away then sir but you really dont want swords theres just so much to do, you sure you up for it?

Ancient_Exile #40 Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:51 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View Postsicariau, on 03 February 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

click away then sir but you really dont want swords theres just so much to do, you sure you up for it?

Why are you even still here??? We can do this via PM this dancing insult themed debate..........*__* Go play the game and enjoy your falxies XD.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic