Hoplites

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

THEXPPKILLER #1 Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
Well in my oppinion hoplites needs to get buff they playstyle is based on phalanx formation because if not otherwise they'll die in 1 vs 1 mele against anyone then they don't have any source fo throw like barbarians with pilums+fire or romans I recomend to make them fight with sword and when they use phalanx change with spear , sword will have a little bit more mele dmg and phalanx will increase the defense.

Death_Dragon1 #2 Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:39 PM

Private

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
They can beat anything in frontal combat for that reason exactly, they don't need swords. They are a defensive unit meant to cover narrow entrances 

THEXPPKILLER #3 Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
They don't dude did you play this game? If you fight against roman infantry with vengance they'll sneak behinde you killing each soldier with 1 hit and don't know why feeling that they incrase they atackspeed too. anyways you can not make a unit only be able to fight in phalanx when it have a lot of debuffs and do tk

Death_Dragon1 #4 Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

Private

I main straight roman infantry with Germanicus and if I flank you you'd better believe i'm going to vengeance and [edited]on you, everything has its weakness and counter, Killer.

THEXPPKILLER #5 Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
If you flank me I accept it you'll kill me without vengace, what I mean is that atacking me frontally your units get to my back and with vengance (op hability I have germanicus tier 8 and you have to accept it) don't have sense that just for having 1500 dmg my units can't even hit you because it makes you have an atackspeed impossibol to counter( I know vengance is supposed to give only dmg but if you take a look on the fight your units will atack so fast)

MikeLapTrap #6 Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

Look at 2:55. A Leo hoplite nearly 1 shots the same tier swordsman with a shield bash and it instantly routes because it was wavering and shock damage from the shield bash. At max tier you can do this every 15 seconds

Lastsparten #7 Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:44 AM

Lance-corporal

View PostMikeLapTrap, on 21 January 2018 - 11:36 PM, said:

Look at 2:55. A Leo hoplite nearly 1 shots the same tier swordsman with a shield bash and it instantly routes because it was wavering and shock damage from the shield bash. At max tier you can do this every 15 seconds

ok first of all hops rape all till tier 4. then roman inf start to murder hops slowly. low tier hops need a nerf imo

R_Valle #8 Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:47 PM

Junior Sergeant

View PostLastsparten, on 23 January 2018 - 12:44 AM, said:

ok first of all hops rape all till tier 4. then roman inf start to murder hops slowly. low tier hops need a nerf imo

Roman infantry can beat hoplites when with Vengeance, heavily superior numbers or when flanking them. In face to face combat hoplites win easily with good micro, specially if you are using Leo, his Shieldbash literally kills half of the enemy units life EACH bash, you can do it by moving forward clumping all units together and then bash, you'll hit all their units.

When you see a Roman infantry activate Vengeance you should get away from him. Use Shieldbash to knockdown their troops, deactivate phalanx right away and start to run, left click on the enemy unit to see if it still has Vengeance buff, if it does wait for it to wear off and then return to combat, you should get a easy win that way. Keep in mind that in hightier games people start to realize that you will do that trick, they will often save their charge to get you off guard when on the run.

MikeLapTrap #9 Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

View PostLastsparten, on 22 January 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

Ummm...hoplites shield bash scales off weapon damage which only gets higher as you go to high tiers. Making shild bash for half health or more a pretty normal thing at T10.with a CD of 15 seconds too

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users