I understand we are connecting to EU servers for Closed Beta BUT....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SuperSpud1 #1 Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

I'm sorry to say but, the NA players do need a server set up in North America.  I usually connect to EU servers from the West Coast of NA and I usually end up with a ping averaging about 150.  Which isn't too terrible.  It could be worse but it's not bad for me connecting to EU.  How ever I'm seeing other players struggle with lag issues because they have to connect to EU.  I could only assume that it would be their ISP and download speed which could be a root source of the problem and possibly not getting enough packets.

But when I would play during the week, the matches seem quick to load how ever this weekend, the matches seem extremely slow, slower than normal.  The high latency and packet loss with some players does not allow for them to load up on the opposite team and did not even show the players until the match was already well underway.  This is going to be an issue that is going to need to get fixed.  But please for our sake on the NA side set up a Closed Beta in NA.  It would be much easier for some of us to play the game especially those players who don't have the best internet speed.  I have no problems with it but today it just seemed awful.  The amounts of lag in the TWA servers is actually making me not want to play the game at the moment.

I've seen some other posts on this about the lag issues.  But as I've already stated this is going to need to be fixed to make the game playable when you have a large influx of players logging on or even queuing into a match.  I've never had any issues with playing the game what so ever until today.  Wargaming please consider setting up a server in NA thanks.

DETrooper #2 Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:35 PM

Sergeant

• Praetorian
It's not that bad really. Think about how bad the ping is for players in Asia or Australia.

mkloby #3 Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:42 PM

Junior Sergeant

Remember too that it's closed beta.  I expect more servers to come online after it goes open beta and full release.  I do know what you mean about the ping at times though - it gets very bad sometimes.  

traumadisaster #4 Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:02 AM

Sergeant

View PostDETrooper, on 20 January 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

It's not that bad really. Think about how bad the ping is for players in Asia or Australia.

So we shouldn't give feedback that it's bad...because it's bad in Australia too?  No it's valid to give feedback during the closed beta that we are having a major issue with lag, and I'm on Google gigabit.

Ardez #5 Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:15 AM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian
I don't think anybody said to not provide feedback, just that the current state of things isn't unreasonable.

traumadisaster #6 Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:06 AM

Sergeant

View PostArdez, on 21 January 2018 - 12:15 AM, said:

I don't think anybody said to not provide feedback, just that the current state of things isn't unreasonable.

It was suggested to not consider it an issue due to the rate Australia is receiving, it is an issue and should not be depressed.  

Ardez #7 Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:50 AM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View Posttraumadisaster, on 20 January 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

It was suggested to not consider it an issue due to the rate Australia is receiving, it is an issue and should not be depressed.  

I read the OP sharing their experiences and thoughts and then another player sharing their opinion based on their own experiences. I'm not sure where you are seeing anybody trying to either suppress feedback or to not provide it at all. 

And while I agree that each region needs their own local servers in the long run, I feel that the state of the playerbase, due to a large number of factors, wouldn't be helped by splitting them at this time. In fact, during certain times of the day the queue times become unreasonable with a GLOBAL queue. Separating any region right now, before open beta, could be catastrophic to the queue times. Once player data has been reset and the cancerous contests ended, it will be a much better and motivated environment to separate regions to improve ping.

The game is playable with moderate ping. When it spikes it can be atrocious, more so when you combine it with CPU lag. CPU lag likely wont be fixed by creating local servers, so that problem will still exist until CA debugs it, but 100 ping, or even 200-250 can be adapted to until local servers are made. I hope that WG/CA decide to wait until the start of OBT to open those servers so that people can still reasonably play the game without excessive waits until then.

The reason I am implying that additional servers would mean region locks is because that is how WG has worked historically. That may not be the case with TWA, but I believe that it is currently the expected situation we will find when local servers are made.

Death_Dragon1 #8 Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:15 PM

Private

Maybe this is just me but i'm getting what seems like almost every game, where i'm the only person speaking English and it makes team communication almost impossible, no i'm not on a Russian server, maybe i'm missing something? But it's just about every game and it's a bit annoying after a while, is there anything on this?

SuperSpud1 #9 Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:43 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostDeath_Dragon1, on 21 January 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

Maybe this is just me but i'm getting what seems like almost every game, where i'm the only person speaking English and it makes team communication almost impossible, no i'm not on a Russian server, maybe i'm missing something? But it's just about every game and it's a bit annoying after a while, is there anything on this?

That has NOTHING to do with the topic what so ever.  Wow already trying to derail my thread.

Death_Dragon1 #10 Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:04 PM

Private

Your thread involves a topic that has already been answered, it's in closed beta, hence few servers are open right now. The fact I have to just say that right to you means you obviously haven't been paying attention to what has been said in the thread. /lock

P.S. Try not to flame your own thread.

Edited by Death_Dragon1, 21 January 2018 - 07:10 PM.

Arkkinite #11 Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:08 AM

Junior Sergeant

Hi Death Dragon,

This is because we are all technically on the same server. So people in Americas, Europe, Asia, Australia, Russia etc are all here, so yes sometimes you'll be in a team with different people from all over the world.

It is probably the time when you are playing, and that is also the play time for people in the russian timezone.

Hi superspud1. We will eventually get dedicated servers for each region, but for testing, monitoring, and queuing purposes, it is simply easier to have everyone in one place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic