Jump to content


Do developers even pay attention to us?


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SuperSpud1 #1 Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 31
  • Member since:
    09-05-2016
  It makes me wonder in WoWs I always see developers on the forums and actually responding.  Lately here the only people that I've seen responding is Administrators.  It would be nice if the Developers would actually get involved with the community.  Listen to the players respond.  What not.  It would probably get a greater feed back of certain issues.  Things could be handled appropriately.  But I have not really seen vary many developer posts on this particular forum as of yet.  So it makes me wonder if they are even listening to us at all.  I know the moderators are.  But are the mods passing on the word to Development team.  I do think personally that there should be at least one dev that comes on to the forums to see what the community is talking about and discussing.  It would show me and probably many others that the development team actually cares about actual player feed back instead of just putting things into the game.  

Mister_Avnas #2 Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 90
  • Member since:
    10-12-2011
well, they responded to a lot of the criticisms we had of the alpha, or at least some of the  most common posts like how caltrops were overpowered.

dance210 #3 Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 502
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostSuperSpud1, on 19 January 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

  It makes me wonder in WoWs I always see developers on the forums and actually responding.  Lately here the only people that I've seen responding is Administrators.  It would be nice if the Developers would actually get involved with the community.  Listen to the players respond.  What not.  It would probably get a greater feed back of certain issues.  Things could be handled appropriately.  But I have not really seen vary many developer posts on this particular forum as of yet.  So it makes me wonder if they are even listening to us at all.  I know the moderators are.  But are the mods passing on the word to Development team.  I do think personally that there should be at least one dev that comes on to the forums to see what the community is talking about and discussing.  It would show me and probably many others that the development team actually cares about actual player feed back instead of just putting things into the game.  

 

Hi SuperSpud1,

 

Yes, the developers go to the regional forums to read and review player feedback. Although they actively read what is written, it is rare for them to respond to threads.

 

At the same time, you have community specialists such as Raizei and myself who also come to the forums daily. We take what we read and pass it along in a weekly report. We are also the main point of contact with players on the forums - if there are questions or concerns, we are usually the ones to respond. When we receive information from the development teams, we pass that along to the players. Think of us as a go-between :)

 

The third group are the moderators. When a thread gets out of line and someone clicks on the little "Report" button, the moderators are usually the ones to deal with it.

 

Something to be aware of - depending on how forums are set up, depends on the title that you will see. World of Warships forum allows people to show several different titles; the Total War: ARENA forum only shows one title. So even if the developers were to speak on our forums, they may not have a "Developer" tag, depending on how the titles were initially set up.



SuperSpud1 #4 Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 31
  • Member since:
    09-05-2016

View Postdance210, on 19 January 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

 

Hi SuperSpud1,

 

Yes, the developers go to the regional forums to read and review player feedback. Although they actively read what is written, it is rare for them to respond to threads.

 

At the same time, you have community specialists such as Raizei and myself who also come to the forums daily. We take what we read and pass it along in a weekly report. We are also the main point of contact with players on the forums - if there are questions or concerns, we are usually the ones to respond. When we receive information from the development teams, we pass that along to the players. Think of us as a go-between :)

 

The third group are the moderators. When a thread gets out of line and someone clicks on the little "Report" button, the moderators are usually the ones to deal with it.

 

Something to be aware of - depending on how forums are set up, depends on the title that you will see. World of Warships forum allows people to show several different titles; the Total War: ARENA forum only shows one title. So even if the developers were to speak on our forums, they may not have a "Developer" tag, depending on how the titles were initially set up.

 

  Okay so basically what your stating is that they developers are on here reading but under a hidden identity basically so we can't pick them out of the crowd.  So the forum I guess hasn't been set like the other Wargaming forums have been set up as of yet.   Makes sense.  Thanks.

Mister_Avnas #5 Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:40 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 90
  • Member since:
    10-12-2011

View Postdance210, on 19 January 2018 - 07:10 PM, said:

 

Hi SuperSpud1,

 

Yes, the developers go to the regional forums to read and review player feedback. Although they actively read what is written, it is rare for them to respond to threads.

 

At the same time, you have community specialists such as Raizei and myself who also come to the forums daily. We take what we read and pass it along in a weekly report. We are also the main point of contact with players on the forums - if there are questions or concerns, we are usually the ones to respond. When we receive information from the development teams, we pass that along to the players. Think of us as a go-between :)

 

The third group are the moderators. When a thread gets out of line and someone clicks on the little "Report" button, the moderators are usually the ones to deal with it.

 

Something to be aware of - depending on how forums are set up, depends on the title that you will see. World of Warships forum allows people to show several different titles; the Total War: ARENA forum only shows one title. So even if the developers were to speak on our forums, they may not have a "Developer" tag, depending on how the titles were initially set up.

 

hey there if you see this message can you look into changing the map icons to red coloured and adding a colourblind option, for unit movement lines , unit Vs and also map drawing.

 

on the alps map which is snowy now, light blue is almost invisible, and totally invisible to colourblind users.



dance210 #6 Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 502
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostMister_Avnas, on 19 January 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

 

hey there if you see this message can you look into changing the map icons to red coloured and adding a colourblind option, for unit movement lines , unit Vs and also map drawing.

 

on the alps map which is snowy now, light blue is almost invisible, and totally invisible to colourblind users.

 

Hi Mister_Avnas,


That feedback has already been submitted to the development team. Thank you! :)



Mister_Avnas #7 Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 90
  • Member since:
    10-12-2011

View Postdance210, on 19 January 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

 

Hi Mister_Avnas,


That feedback has already been submitted to the development team. Thank you! :)

 

brilliant, that was probably the most important part of my feedback from recent days due to accessibility options opening up new potential customers/concurrent users

Edited by Mister_Avnas, 19 January 2018 - 07:51 PM.


traumadisaster #8 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:46 PM

    Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 329
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012

View PostSuperSpud1, on 19 January 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

  It makes me wonder in WoWs I always see developers on the forums and actually responding.  Lately here the only people that I've seen responding is Administrators.  It would be nice if the Developers would actually get involved with the community.  Listen to the players respond.  What not.  It would probably get a greater feed back of certain issues.  Things could be handled appropriately.  But I have not really seen vary many developer posts on this particular forum as of yet.  So it makes me wonder if they are even listening to us at all.  I know the moderators are.  But are the mods passing on the word to Development team.  I do think personally that there should be at least one dev that comes on to the forums to see what the community is talking about and discussing.  It would show me and probably many others that the development team actually cares about actual player feed back instead of just putting things into the game.  

 

Possibly there hasn't been enough time in this community to pick up on it, but I've seen outstanding feedback in my 4 months here.  It's also evident during live streams that include devs that they are registering all of our comments in the forums.  I give A+



_Requiem__ #9 Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:56 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 62
  • Member since:
    03-31-2017
In general compared to other gaming companies I find the Developers at Creative Assembly to be fairly unresponsive, and fairly poor at communicating with the player base.  The Wargaming community specialists like Dance are pretty good, and do respond and let players know that they are passing along feedback.  So I'm pretty confident CA developers do see pretty much all the feedback, but just don't do a great job of communicating how or if or why the do or do not use that feedback.  They are not terrible at it, but from my perspective other companies generally do a better job of explaining their design decisions and what goes into making those decisions.

traumadisaster #10 Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:46 AM

    Sergeant

  • Closed Alpha Gladiators
  • 329
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012

View Post_Requiem__, on 29 January 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

In general compared to other gaming companies I find the Developers at Creative Assembly to be fairly unresponsive, and fairly poor at communicating with the player base. The Wargaming community specialists like Dance are pretty good, and do respond and let players know that they are passing along feedback. So I'm pretty confident CA developers do see pretty much all the feedback, but just don't do a great job of communicating how or if or why the do or do not use that feedback. They are not terrible at it, but from my perspective other companies generally do a better job of explaining their design decisions and what goes into making those decisions.

 

It's in the live streams and the 2 AMAs.  They said they won't be responding on forums but they do monitor them.  Sure they could talk to us directly but that may not be a good use of their time.  I'd prefer them finish up 2.4, more maps and more factions than explain the same thing a sixth time to every new John that becomes a beta tester but thinks he in the King.






1 user(s) are reading this topic