Will there be or is there talk about an In game reporting system? Or Karma.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SuperSpud1 #1 Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

As we all know the other three Wargaming games, World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Planes have some type if in game reporting system and Karma system.  For the "bad" side of the system for players who use abusive language or just plain play poorly the system should look something similar to wows where you have, Report:  Plays Poorly, Away from Keyboard, Misbehavior in chat, Unsporting behavior.  Now for example with the Karma system on the negative side say you get reported for Misbehavior in chat, example wows 2 or more complaints from multiple individuals gets you chat banned for say a day or how ever long is determined by staff and mods.  If it's unsporting behavior, plays poorly, or of course the ominous AFKer.  it would just decrease the players Karma Value.

On the complimenting side I will take wows again.  For compliments there are Plays Well, and Good Manners.  There could be much more added to this for various reasons. But getting complimented for doing a good thing in game or just overall good behavior with a karma system reward would be a win win for everybody.  As I have seen in wows though people earn the miss behavior in chat report just for saying something simple or even dis agreeing on something with a particular person.  This could impose issues but I think if it's handled correctly it could quite possible work.  I would have to say yes to a karma system being added in.

Josie_Javelin #2 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

Lance-corporal

There's a player who is very very obviously botting during NA evening hours, every single day. Getting him on your team is such a handicap, it degrades the experience of everyone else playing. I believe he actually has an EU account though so might only be botting when he would be sleeping during NA prime time hours. 

I'm told naming and shaming is against the rules so I won't, but I'm also told the only recourse for this currently is to send an email to Wargaming, which in my experience with such things in other games has aprox. a 0% chance at being acted on.. 

Would be nice to have a system for this, even if some one from Wargaming would PM me so I can pass the name on it would be nice to know some ones paying attention. ^

mkloby #3 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

Spud- I see where you’re going with this and I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing. I would not be fond of anything that applied automatic penalties, but it would be fine if a certain threshold triggered a human review. Yes, karma gets misused by many and abused by some, but overall it should reflect appropriately on the combination of your behavior and performance. Some guys will neg bomb you for not doing as they command or for any criticism given to them in game, even if it is constructive in nature. WoWS karma is not tied to any incentive currently, so there is no motivator for players to strive to be better (and no, sadly, human decency is not an adequate motivational tool for many). 

mkloby #4 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

Junior Sergeant

Josie- another good point... the afk reports could also be set to threshold values to triggers a review by a person. This could be a valuable tool to crack down on bottling, but it would require the resources on the staff to be able to process them.

Off original topic but related to your post: Currently, the immortals and faction programs bring about increased afks. Under immortals, you can overcome the reduced win rates through sheer volume of battles. For the faction event, you just need to spam those battles. The announcement said it would penalize AFK flags, so I think that’s why there is an uptick in the suicides lately since you can be back in the queue one minute after the battle starts. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users