Bolts Ammunition (Heavy Artillery)

Artillery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

FredrickII #1 Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

Private

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

Does anyone else feel that bolts ammunition is severely underpowered? Sure, you get a lot more range, but the damage on those bolts is almost negligible. I could be shooting at a unit of swordsmen all game directly and not do enough damage to deplete even half the unit. The description on bolts ammunition is "bolts are more accurate and fly further than rocks, but strike a much smaller area."  It does not, however, state that you're trading damage for range.  

I rally think bolts ammunition needs to be reworked.  I'm not saying to buff it so much it would have the opposite effect and make rocks useless, but rather, make it so that both ammunition types are equally useful, and you can switch between the two depending on the situation and the changing tides of battle. As it stands now, however, bolts ammunition is virtually useless, as the damage is so negligible. I think the damage on bolts should be more than it is now.

I also think that each ammunition type should have it's own stats, similar to how the consumables increase or lower the stats of your projectiles depending on what you're using. I think a good compromise to bolts ammunition would be to trade damage for range and weapon penetration. Anincrease in range and missile weapon penetration at the cost of damage would be a good trade off. 

traumadisaster #2 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
I've noticed the same.  Also bolts need specific high ground so that is not helpful because enemies moving valleys go out of range and it takes time to switch back to rocks.

The biggest problem with bolts is you lose the knock down and slowing effect of rocks.

Also tagged with Artillery

2 user(s) are reading this topic