Getting Stomped Constantly.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

PHX_Iordanes #1 Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:52 AM

Private

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

Hello, I want to start off by saying I am an experienced  Total War player (been playing since Rome I). I was an original Alpha player, and then Beta, got to Tier 9 in almost all generals after they promised no more wipes, and then they wiped everything. I was pretty discouraged at all my lost progress for nothing so I left the game for a year. 

So this being said... I am pretty consistently the best player on my team because of my experience, or at least in the top 3. I had a 90% win rate in Tiers 2-3 (not vs ai), but once 4 came it seems I always get stuck with a bunch of teammates that have no idea what they are doing and it is making my blood boil. I am currently at 15 games lost straight, and some of them I've had scores of over 4k-5k, but I just can't win. I'm ready to throw in the towel with this game again. It seems like matchmaking hasn't improved at all since a year ago. Or am I doing something wrong?

Edited by PHX_Iordanes, 16 January 2018 - 03:55 AM.

Arkkinite #2 Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:33 AM

Junior Sergeant

Well we wont know if ure doing anything wrong as we dont know how you play.

Also... you get tactically odd teammates even up to t7. So dont worry about a losing streak, it happens to everyone.

youraloony #3 Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

Lance-corporal

This is happening because most of those players are coming from playing vs AI since you have to pvp with that commander tier 4 +. 

Ever since they added vs AI that is what most of the new players have been playing.

Which i don't like because low tier pvp is the most fun imo :)  

DalRiada #4 Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

Lance-corporal

There will always be games in which your team has disconnects, less skilled, and other players which don't contribute to a win.  All one can do is to do the best you can and try to improve one's own play.  It can be frustrating to get lots of defeats in a row, but trying to learn from my mistakes is why I keep trying.

N0Values #5 Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

Lance-corporal

Don't let this discourage you. Parties are the new way to t10. Your win ratio will be trash without them. I did pick up games from t1-t8 and my win ratio is like 45%. Who cares? I've played almost all of the total war games going back to Rome I as well, but in the end, that doesn't account for AFK teammates or disconnects. Just keep at it. If you enjoy the game, support the developers and buy gold. 

SuperSpud1 #6 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:59 PM

Lance-corporal

Look at it like this same as ships or tanks, you win some and you loose some drive on and drive through it.

wwolfvn #7 Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:35 PM

Sergeant

Join the discord and party up with folks over there. It's more fun and effective to play in party.

You can try Old Skool.

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

Arclinon #8 Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:45 PM

Junior Sergeant

A few tips i can give to a newcomer would be, never advance without backup, even the best players in the world cannot change mechanics, if you are surrounded, you are out. 

If you are playing support units such as archers, caesar, javelins etc, pick a frontliner and stick with them at all times except when things look dire, this will take practice.

Keep switching your eyes, yes your physical eyes from battlefield-> horizon -> map every few seconds. I prefer 5. on horizon you are looking for artillery and archer fire. The faster you learn this the better. The map also includes flashing "last seen" at the location allowing you to estimate where enemy will come from when they are out of sight. 

Know your counters and know what you can counter. As germanicus you can counter literally anything except pikes in the current state but that will be changed in the next patch. Germanicus is a great to learn the game not because he doesnt have complex mechanics but his versatility allows him to counter (theoretically) literally anything. I view him as Frost mage from World of Warcraft, he may not hard counter many things but he certainly has something to say about everything. 

Pick the commander you wish to specialize after T8 because thats when a lot of abilities get their secondary effects and teamwork comes into play more and more. You can also check newcomer forums in both EU and US arena forums for some tips and guides.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users