Hoplites Leonidas

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

THEXPPKILLER #1 Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players

Well after reaching tier VIII with hoplites I think I have enough experience to talk about them ( I know I didn't reached tier X but i think this won't change so much) I think hoplites depends a lot of her formation called Phalanx, well this formation have a lot of problems, I mean it kills the friendly units like if them are retard and can't even stop using the spear when having friends in front of them, after that if you want to fight any type of infantry without the formation just press ESC and leave to lobby because will be the same your units have a [edited][edited]DMG and that's true even if you chose militiades to fight you'll reach at tier X with Royal Spartans a [edited]pathetic 700 dmg that's what tier 7 or 8 roman infantry have well then just think when they use the hability of Vengance that it can reach 1400 dmg or whipe arround 1200 you're doomed then if you try to flank them will die if you use the phalanx to flank them as it will be insane you'll end killing a lot of your units so what you do? Just get in a [edited]corner with your spears and hope them to come from the front... but wait the roman units have such armor that can go across a phalanx unit composed by 100 man and get behinde you and start killing you so WHERE'S THE SENSE? Hoplites needs at least be able to give some fight in mele without in phalanx they don't have to win in 1 vs 1 against romans that is obiously but at least romans must ended up with half or less of hp nto only doing 7k dmg pls is that a joke???. Well another thing is Leonidas, this character IN MY OPPINION only have 1 good hability and it's the shield bash it deals some massive dmg but there comes the problem you have to put your phalanx directly into the enemys then shield bash and fall back well doing that you're allowing the enemys to put at your back thing that destroy the phalanx, second one fight in the shade.... well this one is funny FIGHT IN THE SHADES? is that a joke if the hability gives you something like 75% less mele defence you're like a tier 1 unit against tier 10 nevertheless it do the same as rise shield from a lot of normall roman units so you're wasting an hability from the commander to do that? then you allow the other guy to have 4 habilitys against your 3 (YEAH IT'S SO [edited]BRAINLESS THAT YOUR TROOPS CAN'T EVEN PUT UP THE SHIELDS WHEN THE ARROWS ARE HITTING THEM THEY MUST BE THINKING THAT IT'S ONLY RAINING OR SOMETHING LIKE THIS) and the 3 hability of leonidas ... well this one is pure [edited]moral buff okey that's good it gives you more resistence against flanking but... the rest?... I mean 200%phalanx exhausting reduction okey you can use that [edited]that you'll stay at 100% only sometimes i went to good number arround 20 or 30% of fatige moving back at this point a storm of arrows hit my troops and then that's all... like compare it to vengace or cynaine hability or vicentegorix it's very underpowered. I think phalanx needs to be reedone in a way that is not so hard to use now and making the unit less depending on that I know hoplites fight in phalanx and that's why hoplite HAVE (it's imperative) to lose against romans units without it but not get destroyed like they do. A suggestion for Leonidas is that the 3 hability must be something like Take your sword so the unit take sword can't use phalanx formation but they get more dmg in mele getting closer to barbarian and roman untis dmg but having less because they have more defense so it's another way. Some people can say this will be overpowered just remember you that barbarians have fire thing that destroy when you're in phalanx romans pilums and greeks have nothing of that so they just have the mele fighting and they're the worst one of that. Expect pikes of course...

Well i think i overextended it a lot but there's my POV if you want to read it okey if not you're welcome too and I hope some developer read it he don't have to take it on mind just to read it and think.

Edited by THEXPPKILLER, 13 January 2018 - 08:06 PM.

Ancient_Exile #2 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

But did you ever try things like this????

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

Arkkinite #3 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:19 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

Thanks for the vid Ancient. Never thought of side stepping through a narrow gap in stakes. Interesting.

Would you argue what you did would be very difficult without phalanx reposition?

Ancient_Exile #4 Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:48 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View PostArkkinite, on 17 January 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

Thanks for the vid Ancient. Never thought of side stepping through a narrow gap in stakes. Interesting.

Would you argue what you did would be very difficult without phalanx reposition?

Nah bud I've done it more without phalanx reposition or ( Rapid Advance via pikes) than I have with those abilities............They do help though once inside the perimeter......*__*

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

2 user(s) are reading this topic