Faction Campaign!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

dance210 #1 Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
Prepare to march for the glory of each and every faction in the latest Total War: ARENA event: Faction Campaign! Wage a full-scale campaign with Roman, Greek, and Barbarian factions, and take on enemy legions in up to 150 battles every week during the event to earn fantastic rewards and accolades.

Commanders who successfully complete all objectives over the next few weeks can enjoy rewards such as customisation items for Roman, Greek, and Barbarian units, special medals, and the opportunity to receive a brand new unit to commemorate your valiant efforts.

Rome calls for aid in the first week from January 14 – 21, with Greece requesting your military expertise from January 21 – 28, and the Barbarians enlisting your battle prowess from January 28 – February 4. Make your ancestors proud, and ensure that your deeds on the battlefield will be heard everywhere from Elysium to the Otherworld!

Week 1: Faction Campaign – Rome

The following mission will be available from Sunday January 14 at 1:00 PM PST until Sunday January 21 at 12:59 PM PST.

Rome certainly wasn’t built in a day, with its mighty empire soaked in the blood of countless wars waged, reigns toppled, and soldiers slain. Take to the battlefield in 150 battles this week, and remind your foes that they stand before the unbridled power of one of the greatest empires the world has ever known.

OBJECTIVE CONDITIONS REWARD
Play 30 Battles!
  • Fight 30 battles for the Roman faction using any Roman commander
  • Units must be Tier V+
  • A set of customisation items for Roman units
  • 1 x Bronze Faction Token
Play 60 Battles!
  • Fight 60 battles for the Roman faction using any two Roman commanders
  • At least 15 battles for each commander
  • Units must be Tier V+
  • All previous rewards
  • March of Factions Medal
  • 1 x Silver Faction Token
Play 150 Battles!
  • Fight 150 battles for the Roman faction using any two Roman commanders
  • Units must be Tier V+
  • All previous rewards
  • March of Factions Medal (upgraded)
  • 1 x Gold Faction Token

Faction Tokens will be an event-specific reward, which can be earned in Bronze, Silver, and Gold denominations across all missions during the Faction Campaign event. They can be used to receive 25% discount (Bronze Faction Tokens), 50% discount (Silver Faction Tokens), or 100% discount (Gold Faction Tokens) on the brand new Tier VIII Premium unit, Roman War Dogs!

TOKEN DISCOUNT ON WAR DOGS, TIER VIII PREMIUM UNIT (ROME)
3x Gold Faction Tokens The unit for free
3x Silver Faction Tokens A 50% discount on purchasing the unit
3x Bronze Faction Tokens A 25% discount on purchasing the unit

You can read the full article here.

dance210 #2 Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

FAQ

Q: Is there a system for tracking players who enter a battle and stay AFK for its duration?

A: Our system allows for tracking and flagging the players as AFK, so we will exclude the results of AFK players from the final results of the event.

Q: How long will the discount on War Dogs be active?

A: For as long as War Dogs are available for purchase in the Premium Store.

Q: If I have two bronze Faction Tokens and one gold Faction Token, what discount will I receive?

A: You will receive a 25% discount. Faction Tokens cannot be upgraded.

Q: If I played 150 battles during the first week, 60 battles during the second week, and 10 battles during the third week, what rewards and Faction Tokens will I get?

A: You will get the rewards and Faction Tokens for the first two weeks.

Q. When will I receive my reward?

A. Rewards will be distributed shortly after the event ends. More details will be published towards the end of the event.

Q. Will the rewards for this event be transferred to Open Beta?

A. Yes, they will be transferred.

Q. What are the perks of the event medal?

A. This medal will be shown in your profile as a reminder of your achievement.

Q. How can I track my progress during the week?

A. Unfortunately, it's not possible to track your progress in the game, but you can see it in your profile. We plan to publish the interim results weekly.

Q. If I had purchased War Dogs but then got a discount for this unit as a reward or earned enough tokens to get it for free, will I be compensated?

A. Yes. The 25% discount will be compensated with 14 days of Premium Account and the 50% discount will be compensated with 30 days of Premium Account. If you have earned the right to get War Dogs for free, you will receive their value in gold.

Edited by dance210, 18 January 2018 - 03:46 PM.

DETrooper #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

Sergeant

• Praetorian
I thought this was gonna be an actual campaign mode added to Arena, oh well. This is still cool.

EagleKelly #4 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

Private

Will these rewards persist past the final wipe? By the way, what is the latest word on what the wipe(s) will involve?

DETrooper #5 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

Sergeant

• Praetorian
I have a question. What exactly are the medals? Are they like achievements or are they something you can display on your profile or scorecard?

traumadisaster #6 Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:44 PM

Sergeant

And what exactly is the customization items?  Also is there a battle counter to track how many battles or do we do a tally sheet?  And 150 is like 4 hours per day for 3 straight weeks.

MikeLapTrap #7 Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

View Posttraumadisaster, on 12 January 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

And what exactly is the customization items? Also is there a battle counter to track how many battles or do we do a tally sheet? And 150 is like 4 hours per day for 3 straight weeks.

The first 150 battles are on Rome only for 1 week. so you you can expect to need to play 150 battles the following week and 150 for the third week. or in other words, 450 battles in total after 3 weeks

Josie_Javelin #8 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

Lance-corporal

I kinda wish it was Greek or Barbarian for this first one. Roman's just got all the Saturnalia love + 2 other new premium units. Also 150 games a week is a lot with these 10 min queue times at high tier. 

Ardez #9 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:49 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

Which special needs student was invited to be publisher-for-a-day?

Yeah, I know I am probably going to get a warning for this. It's worth it.

R_Valle #10 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:06 AM

Junior Sergeant

Jesus! 150 battles in a week is too much.

Ardez #11 Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:29 AM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostR_Valle, on 12 January 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

Jesus! 150 battles in a week is too much.

3 weeks in a row tho

Lastsparten #12 Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:14 AM

Lance-corporal

450 battles in 3 weeks? seems like alot of work. lets just say you can q and end a game every 8-9 mins.... "yaaaa" so at 8 mins 150 battles is like 20 hrs of game play. lets be honest its gonna be more then 8 mins depending time of the day. 

traumadisaster #13 Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:21 PM

Sergeant

View PostLastsparten, on 13 January 2018 - 06:14 AM, said:

450 battles in 3 weeks? seems like alot of work. lets just say you can q and end a game every 8-9 mins.... "yaaaa" so at 8 mins 150 battles is like 20 hrs of game play. lets be honest its gonna be more then 8 mins depending time of the day. 

Yeah they can't take this job and shove it, and that rate.  I quit Star Wars Commander at t10 because of mindless, unhealthy, poor life balance game play choices lime this.

R_Valle #14 Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

Junior Sergeant

My main issue with this Campaign is that they don't reward performance but time spent, which is not good. Not everyone has time to play like a crazy kid that just got his first videogame.

Also, what prevents people from shoving his units into the enemies right of the bat just to start another game with another commander to collect those 150 battles?

Ancient_Exile #15 Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:47 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
The 150 battles seems fine as they can't just give it to everybody sorta like they did with the free 500K XP for 800 wins upon reset (everybody will damn near receive that)..............Although I must add that I am burnt out myself so I will only be going for the customization items myself but perhaps the 60 battle mark.......Doubt I hit 150 though..........But more power to the ones who do make that effort and BRAVO I say BRAVO to them and their devotion..................

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

DETrooper #16 Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:26 AM

Sergeant

• Praetorian

Wait, I just noticed that the post says it's available Monday January 14th, but the 14th is Sunday.

Literally unreadable!!!!!!!!

Jaecaer #17 Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

Private

I just want to confirm that all commanders need to be unlocked and at tier V to participate as well.  I looked at the the "at least 15 battles from each commander" and that was enough for me not to bother.

Ardez #18 Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:29 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostJaecaer, on 14 January 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

I just want to confirm that all commanders need to be unlocked and at tier V to participate as well.  I looked at the the "at least 15 battles from each commander" and that was enough for me not to bother.

You need 2 commanders at T5 for Rome. If they do it for each faction then the same would be true for Greece and the Barbarians. You dont need every commander.

Jaecaer #19 Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

Private

I know you are a big deal in the community...but are you a dev?  Reading the description, it says nothing about two commanders.  The description says "each".  So I take it you have inside knowledge?

Ardez #20 Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostJaecaer, on 14 January 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

I know you are a big deal in the community...but are you a dev?  Reading the description, it says nothing about two commanders.  The description says "each".  So I take it you have inside knowledge?

No, I'm not a dev, and the information is in the OP.

Here,

Block Quote

OBJECTIVE CONDITIONS REWARD
Play 30 Battles!
  • Fight 30 battles for the Roman faction using any Roman commander
  • Units must be Tier V+
  • A set of customisation items for Roman units
  • 1 x Bronze Faction Token
Play 60 Battles!
  • Fight 60 battles for the Roman faction using any two Roman commanders
  • Units must be Tier V+