Scorched Earth

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Lastsparten #1 Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:16 AM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

this ability needs to have a speed reduction for a short period after using. very annoying you can run in scorch earth run away rinse repeat all day long. 

Arkkinite #2 Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:49 AM

Junior Sergeant

Would you kindly explain how you would usually use Scorched Earth? I would like to know why you think a slow debuff is necessary for effective Scorched Earth useage.

Lastsparten #3 Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:57 AM

Lance-corporal

you can literally kite all day with it to infantry

Arkkinite #4 Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:25 AM

Junior Sergeant

Ah i realized i misunderstood yout meaning. You mean the casting using should get a slow after using it, not that Scorching Earth should apply slow to affected units. My bad

Interesting, never thought about it that way.

Well, it wouldnt make sense that you'll be slowed down after throwing some tourches. Also Scorched Earth has always been area denial and denying tactic (in the game and in real life). The denying aspect would take a big hit if the user was slowed but a significant degree.

But beyond that, i dont have a lot of reasons for why not.

Cattlecruiser #5 Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:47 PM

Private

Generally this game has made it require a combo of fire and arrows or heavier projectiles to force someone out of a turtle position more quickly than just fire or arrows alone. I see nothing wrong with constant casting which is something that has the opportunity cost of likely 2 cav units out of battle constantly running in and out while only having 30-45 seconds of one unit to engage something before it's time to disengage. It involves microing all 3.

Most other times fire is cast it involves an enemy unit moving out of it in 5 seconds and this may be the real punishing effect of a post-cast slow effect. You already have to be really close and facing it to cast it.

Edited by Cattlecruiser, 18 January 2018 - 10:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users