Anvil

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Lastsparten #1 Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
Late game length or time is 30 seconds.... CD is 40 seconds. Dumb and stupidly OP. Curious if the Developers are trying to make a RTW game or a Warhammer game ends in 5 mins 

Ancient_Exile #2 Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:53 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View PostLastsparten, on 02 January 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

Late game length or time is 30 seconds.... CD is 40 seconds. Dumb and stupidly OP. Curious if the Developers are trying to make a RTW game or a Warhammer game ends in 5 mins

Very short but good and valid point. I have heard several people talk about this subject this week week and I myself think ANY silence ability shouldn't last more than 20 seconds. Also pertaining to Caesar it shouldn't affect those that enter its area of effect but ONLY those that are in its aura radius when it is cast...20 seconds is plenty of time to stun an enemy and flank......For an ability based game 20 seconds is a long time to be denied access to your ability so I would suggest to make the silence users have to be a little more strategic when they use it, would be my personal opinion anyways.........

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

Arkkinite #3 Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:52 AM

Junior Sergeant

Concur that the downtime of 10sec is too short. Same with possibly Iron Discipline and rapid advance.

Unless the devs want the game to be very short and brutual, they should tweak these again.

sicariau #4 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

Lance-corporal

you know i think id be fine with anvil if there was actually a way to play around it. as of now the greek unit just clicks and im stunned. i cant see it coming, i cant interrupt it, if its not on cd im stunned and the unit is lost.
Click.Click.Click.Click.Click.Click. i really wish there was a pause button -AE

wwolfvn #5 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:54 PM

Sergeant

Not only anvil immobilizes and silents units, but it also disarms if there is no attack order. That's the problem. Your unit suddenly becomes a standing zombie.

Edited by wwolfvn, 03 January 2018 - 11:56 PM.

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

Arkkinite #6 Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:30 AM

Junior Sergeant

Unless the anviled unit is already engaging the unit that is using anvil, in which case they will continue to attack but cannot be ordered to do anything else. Otherwise yes, the anviled unit will not retaliate.

Josie_Javelin #7 Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:53 PM

Lance-corporal

My main issue with Anvil is that it doesn't just silence and make a unit unorderable, it also bugs it out so it stops doing an already given command. Like if you charge a unit, it engages anvil, most your troops will stop attacking the already engaged unit and just stand there. I don't feel like that's intended. 

elbowsanchez #8 Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:00 AM

Lance-corporal

At some point these abilities are just so gimmicky.   Can we just not have them?  Leave the unit upgrades, shield, helmets, weapons and just let us fight it out the old fashioned way using old fashioned tactics.

I mean, do you think they really add any value to the game play?

Edited by elbowsanchez, 05 January 2018 - 12:01 AM.

"The evil Bert and friend."

Arkkinite #9 Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:13 AM

Junior Sergeant

Hello elbow.

Well, while this is called total war arena, i think the intention was this will not be your standard total war game. Maybe they are trying something new here. 

I came from an rts, mmorpg and moba background, so mashing ability buttons are what i am used to and comfortable with. Dont get me wrong, i clocked many hours on Rome2, Attila and Warhammer, and I love them. But i think the abilities help the player feel like "i get to do stuff", because issuing orders for only 3 units in a traditional TW setting is kinda boring. Besides, the ability does make the game end with 15 minutes.

PS oh, and just call me Ark :B

1 user(s) are reading this topic