Developers are blind or what?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

THEXPPKILLER #1 Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
Well I'm [edited]done with this game till the developers nerf the [edited]archers it's not normal standing 3 infantry units vs 1 of archers and you can't do anything they just have unlimmited ammo and can be shooting until you die, then with the [edited]greek commander can shoot you like an actual rocket launcher and kill all your troops so PLS [edited]DEVELOPERS PUT LIMITED AMMO TO THE ARCHERS

gistankz #2 Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:33 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

View PostTHEXPPKILLER, on 01 January 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

Well I'm [edited]done with this game till the developers nerf the [edited]archers it's not normal standing 3 infantry units vs 1 of archers and you can't do anything they just have unlimmited ammo and can be shooting until you die, then with the [edited]greek commander can shoot you like an actual rocket launcher and kill all your troops so PLS [edited]DEVELOPERS PUT LIMITED AMMO TO THE ARCHERS

Preach

Arkkinite #3 Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:38 AM

Junior Sergeant

I suppose barrage does have some balancing to do.

But regardless, that's really the intention; most melee infantry are too heavily armoured to run and catch archers (save miltiades cause he's fast, and arminius too)

You either go cav, or go leonidas and germanicus (they still need proper support though)

THEXPPKILLER #4 Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players

View PostArkkinite, on 02 January 2018 - 01:38 AM, said:

But regardless, that's really the intention; most melee infantry are too heavily armoured to run and catch archers (save miltiades cause he's fast, and arminius too)

You either go cav, or go leonidas and germanicus (they still need proper support though)

I understand that but what i mean is that can't be impossibol to win i mean if you make limtied ammo and having to go base to reload you'll have time for ambush them

gistankz #5 Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:50 PM

Junior Sergeant

edit

Edited by Robert_Oakridge, 02 January 2018 - 09:13 PM.

Frith #6 Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostTHEXPPKILLER, on 02 January 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

I understand that but what i mean is that can't be impossibol to win i mean if you make limtied ammo and having to go base to reload you'll have time for ambush them

I think maybe what you're missing is that different units have strengths and weaknesses.  A good charge of horse will basically do to the archers what you said they did to you.  So you would like the archers nerfed; the archers want the Cav nerfed, and the Cav wants Pikes to be Nerfed, and so on.  I'm not saying you are completely wrong, but there are other alternatives I don't know if you've considered, and  I suspect you haven't considered the consequences of restricting archer ammo.  They won't become good ambush targets, because the people who continue to play them would probably become base campers, so we simply move the (perceived) problem to your opponent's base.  And people who play horse will be unhappy because archers are great targets for a cavalry charge, and they'd prefer them out in the open instead of camped at a base behind a wall of pike men.

gistankz #7 Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

Frith here is tier X barrage lol. 

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Arkkinite #8 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

Junior Sergeant

The problem is barrage. Not archers in thenselves.

KingJofreThe001 #9 Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:37 PM

Sergeant

• Praetorian
CA has already said that they dont plan on introducing an ammo system as it penalizes players that engage in the match. Barrage, as well as literally every ult, needs to be nerfed hard to bring back some semblance of tactics into the game and I look forward to that patch whenever it comes. 

#WhereisBoudica 

#WarpuppyTime

gistankz #10 Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:53 AM

Junior Sergeant

View PostKingJofreThe001, on 03 January 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

CA has already said that they dont plan on introducing an ammo system as it penalizes players that engage in the match. Barrage, as well as literally every ult, needs to be nerfed hard to bring back some semblance of tactics into the game and I look forward to that patch whenever it comes. 

Pretty much this

Okowaukee #11 Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:32 AM

Lance-corporal

I think at the higher tiers a lot of things are out of balance. If you think archers are op, try playing barb archers..... I've been playing with Arminius and its the complete opposite situation. I'm at t5 and my archers only hit for 8 dmg. after several volleys I can only manage 1k dmg and then I spend the rest of the game running around the map. yet 2 sec in scorched earth will do 5k dmg. they feel completely useless. I still have to deal with t10germanicus playing with t6-7 units and having a maxed out testudo. which btw only reduces there move speed by 10%...even with momentum those guys chase you for half the map. 

unlike greeks, barbs don't have a direct counter to cav (no spear unit) so if you take 1 inftry, u still get wrecked by 3 cav np. but I suppose  its better then no inftry, then you get wrecked even faster. however taking 2 inftry and one cav just is pointless then. the archer unit by itself isn't enough to do anything at all besides give your position away.

I've been trying to use his momentum ability for the speed and scooting and kiting, and the infiltration gives me more speed and view range, then when units are low I pop brandish heads to lower defense and hit them with my inftry in the  woods with frenzy to finish them off.  It was a fun strategy playing with the ninja ambush archer style in comparison to the defensive one of the greeks, but atlass I'm about to give up on it because Barb archers do absolutely 0 dmg.

I'm telling ya the barb archers are a whole new story.

KingJofreThe001 #12 Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:58 AM

Sergeant

• Praetorian
Arminius is a thoroughly flawed commander and barb archers are essentially useless as there is no barb commander skill that comes close to matching the efficacy of barrage. Using them together may be a little effective because of the speed boost, but frenzy and infiltration hardly are a net benefit. You might as well take Verx and use scorched earth and iron discipline instead. High tier has a lot of issues and a lot of it can be traced back to commander ability talents

#WhereisBoudica 

#WarpuppyTime

Mister_Avnas #13 Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostArkkinite, on 02 January 2018 - 01:38 AM, said:

lol barrage was already nerfed to the floor, next he's gonna complain about alexander

Arkkinite #14 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:14 AM

Junior Sergeant

View PostMister_Avnas, on 17 January 2018 - 06:18 AM, said:

lol barrage was already nerfed to the floor, next he's gonna complain about alexander

oh did i miss a patch note? Barrage still wrecks any non t10 roman cav or heavy infantry in 3 seconds, nerfed or not, it probably needs some tuning.

Before you say "you can dodge it", yes you can, but that's a lot of effort to do and you still take a lot of casualty. As reference, it feels a lot easier to bait vengeance, disengage and then reengage thab to dodge barrage.

Now, id like to hear your arguements besides the sarcastic remarks.

Mister_Avnas #15 Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostArkkinite, on 17 January 2018 - 09:14 AM, said:

oh did i miss a patch note? Barrage still wrecks any non t10 roman cav or heavy infantry in 3 seconds, nerfed or not, it probably needs some tuning.

Before you say "you can dodge it", yes you can, but that's a lot of effort to do and you still take a lot of casualty. As reference, it feels a lot easier to bait vengeance, disengage and then reengage thab to dodge barrage.

Now, id like to hear your arguements besides the sarcastic remarks.

once you start firing barrage it's locked into the way it's shooting, its actually pretty easy to dodge. just once you see a giant number of arrows reverse direction and you wont take any damage

g4borg #16 Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:31 PM

Private

• Players

to be honest, something like soft ammo would still work

so ammo, which is slowly reloading, so at least the nonstop spam can be avoided.

2 user(s) are reading this topic