Server Lag

Lag

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

mkloby #1 Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

Have others experienced that when the population of the server is high, for example with resultant queue wait times of less than 20 seconds, there tends to be significant lag?  I seems as tough the game's server cannot handle the traffic flow.  Lag times of 1000-3000ms are routine.  I did a connection test on my end and had 60 mbs download, 60 mbs upload, 6 ms ping to a nearby server.  However, this seems not consistent among all players, as some have lag and others do not.

This has been common during the Christmas break period, I suspect due to no school.  This is troubling in that is seems to demonstrate that the server cannot handle the relatively higher volume of traffic, although I wonder what the actual numbers are at which it bogs down.  This needs to be corrected prior to coming out of closed beta if the server can in fact not handle increased volume.

Merlin_Orion #2 Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

Lance-corporal

I Feel like there has been more lag in general, slower responce time for units up to a second two seconds.  I Live in NA

Raizei #3 Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:16 PM

Private

• Players

View Postmkloby, on 01 January 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

Have others experienced that when the population of the server is high, for example with resultant queue wait times of less than 20 seconds, there tends to be significant lag?  I seems as tough the game's server cannot handle the traffic flow.  Lag times of 1000-3000ms are routine.  I did a connection test on my end and had 60 mbs download, 60 mbs upload, 6 ms ping to a nearby server.  However, this seems not consistent among all players, as some have lag and others do not.

This has been common during the Christmas break period, I suspect due to no school.  This is troubling in that is seems to demonstrate that the server cannot handle the relatively higher volume of traffic, although I wonder what the actual numbers are at which it bogs down.  This needs to be corrected prior to coming out of closed beta if the server can in fact not handle increased volume.

Hi Mkloby!

There are many things that could affect your connection to the server. Like you've mentioned, it could very well be the holiday break and a lot of people are at home playing games or watching movies with family and friends. I know in my area with my service provider, my connection gets throttled if there is heavy data usage. One main thing to also consider is that the server is located in EU as well.

If you are still experiencing issues, our recommendation for you is to perform a quick reset of your router and modem to see if there are any improvements (unplugging both devices for at least 1 minute before bringing them back on).

We hope that helps!

Letum_Cruento #4 Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:40 AM

Junior Sergeant

Two patches ago, I had a 32ms ping to the server.  After that patch, it stays around 135-145.  Did the serves move onto another backbone or were they moved to another hosting company? 

As far as graphics lag, I rarely get it unless I suddenly turn and get a view of 20-30 new units.  I learned a long time ago o spin at the beginning of games (especially online ones) so that it would load the textures into the buffer of the graphics card.  But it is a little difficult to use that technique because not everything is visible at the start and in battles where the oppoing team forms battle lines, they generally all come into view at the same time.

If you share, what is the hostname of the server so I can run some tracerts to see where the newtwork lag is.

traumadisaster #5 Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

Sergeant

I've turned everything down and still get cpu lag. It starts out a 0 and then creeps to around 100-150 intermittently causing stutter and then dropping back down. Adding oc to cpu/gpu didn't help, maxing gfx get 60fps and then cpu lag starts up.

I think I noticed on videos from dance she didn't have cpu lag so maybe it's due to my location in NA, even with Google gigabit service. Why is it called cpu lag rather than network lag as the cpu is not working at 100% and causing lagging performance? I have seen the cpu hit 98% once on a i5 6600k, but usually 50%

elbowsanchez #6 Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:57 PM

Lance-corporal

I get this symptom as well.  High CPU lag.  I tried adjusting my setting from ultimate to high, but the issue remains, although not all the time.  I assume it is due to high traffic volumes.  My gaming PC consists of a newer high end graphics card, i7 proc, with 24 gb ram.

My location is the San Francisco, CA bay area, USA.

Edited by elbowsanchez, 04 January 2018 - 08:58 PM.

"The evil Bert and friend."

wwolfvn #7 Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:32 AM

Sergeant

Forcing OpenGL Render in nvidia control to <your GTX card name> didn't help?

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

traumadisaster #8 Posted 05 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

Sergeant

View Postwwolfvn, on 05 January 2018 - 06:32 AM, said:

Forcing OpenGL Render in nvidia control to  didn't help?

I had low cpu lag after this fix,  not sure if by chance or map but I'll continue to monitor.  Thanks, what does openGL option effect (basic answer)?

wwolfvn #9 Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

Sergeant

View Posttraumadisaster, on 05 January 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

I had low cpu lag after this fix,  not sure if by chance or map but I'll continue to monitor.  Thanks, what does openGL option effect (basic answer)?

Basically all 3D rendering,  shadow, etc. that need to be done in real-time in any modern video game. Usually, the integrated video card cannot handle these stuffs so it causes CPU lags (more like GPU issue than CPUs themselves).

traumadisaster #10 Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:17 AM

Sergeant

It did not improve, still spikes.

wwolfvn #11 Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:44 PM

Sergeant

View Posttraumadisaster, on 05 January 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

It did not improve, still spikes.

Spike lags are unavoidable until the game code is optimized. The majority of players has experienced it occasionally. 

Shangri_La1 #12 Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:43 AM

Private

• Players
Lag is horrible here in Texas...dont know if its because of open beta....but even my download of the game itself was slow.  Is this something i should expect continually from this game?

Also tagged with Lag

2 user(s) are reading this topic