Friendly Fire Poll

Friendly Fire

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Friendly Fire Poll (16 members have cast votes)

What is an acceptable level of a missile or arty player’s friendly fire as a percentage of total aggression points?

1. 0% - Missiles should never under any circumstances preform any friendly fire whatsoever. (3 votes [18.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

2. 0% to 5% (4 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. 5% to 10% (4 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. 10% to 15% (1 vote [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

5. 15% to 20% (1 vote [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

6. Greater than 20% (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. A percentage of total aggression points is not a good way to measure acceptable level of friendly fire. (3 votes [18.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

8. Bacon – I’ll explain below (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

DalRiada #1 Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

What is an acceptable level of a missile or arty player’s friendly fire as a percentage of total aggression points?

mkloby #2 Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:21 PM

Junior Sergeant

I estimated 5-10% as a max, better to be 0-5%, but it is situational. As an example, in some cases, the FF inflicted on a unit that is routed and encircled may make sense and be worth the damage inflicted on the enemy as it might be a lost unit anyway. I do find the interface clumsy though and wish there was a stop firing hotkey. I often find that there is one extra salvo with heavy FF before they stop once they realize they are inflicting friendly damage due to the lag in issuing a new command.

Equinox187 #3 Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

Lance-corporal

I believe my vote is a conflict of interest as I am an archer. I play in parties quite a bit. I wont name names but it rhymes with "Ancient Exile" will tell me to barrage that SOB knowing im going to do massive friendly fire to him. Very situational, and depending what strategy your team takes as a whole. Funny stories are someone has less than half of one unit left and is surrounded by 4 or more units and is in route. I will Barrage that pile of units with no reservations. Then that guy starts in game rants on how im a team killer. One of my biggest mistakes I still make is on Milt spears. I will barrage and he will rush one of my teams units which in turn almost destroys one of my team mates units. That one im working on getting better at. 9 second CPU lag doesn't help either.

Edited by Equinox187, 29 December 2017 - 06:59 PM.

Ancient_Exile #4 Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:28 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
Im gonna say 5-15 percentile is within the norms because if people deliberately jump in front of pikes ( im talking random team-mates ) and engage the units directly in front of your pikes then for victories sake ( 8 times out of 10 ) I just go ahead and pike if they're gonna lose......So as to not give the enemy a chance to get away......Although if it is people that I recognize then I go overboard in an attempt to support them because I give them credit that they are tactically aware so to speak.........I guess as a pike player my average would be 150 FF although I have had matches as high as 1250 FF (the high FF matches are almost all VICTORIES by the way)........But more often than not I get like double digit FF which I think is awesome........Cause when ya finish a match with pikes and commit like 35 FF then you did something right.........Also I will note that quite a bit of the FF pike players will/do commit is to their own units via pinch moves and what not or clipping the wings of their other pike units while attacking with a static line..........

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

Ancient_Exile #5 Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:30 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View Postbalkasg, on 29 December 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

Apparently you don't give a [edited]about firing into the backs of your teammates

Ive seen you do a whole lot worse FF when you would attempt to troll with stakes............Also Arty too so FF happens even with careful/caring players man............XD

Edited by Ancient_Exile, 30 December 2017 - 08:32 PM.

balkasg #6 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:02 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostAncient_Exile, on 29 December 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

Ive seen you do a whole lot worse FF when you would attempt to troll with stakes............Also Arty too so FF happens even with careful/caring players man............XD

This player intentionally focus fires into my men, and your response is that ive dealt unintentional ff with stakes? Do you seriously think these two things are equal or u just trying to apologize for the garbage behavior of your friend? 

Ardez #7 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:20 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian
So the worst friendly fire I've dealt with the new scoreboard was 1000 -ish. I think it was actually closer to 950. On average I would say it is closer to 200. The total aggression in the end is a different story. If you are scoring 2-3k of aggression, 100-200 ff is totally acceptable to me. 

Ancient_Exile #8 Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:32 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View Postbalkasg, on 29 December 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

This player intentionally focus fires into my men, and your response is that ive dealt unintentional ff with stakes? Do you seriously think these two things are equal or u just trying to apologize for the garbage behavior of your friend?

OMG, balk settle down baby cause you have no way of knowing if that was actually intentional man? Perhaps he was testing as you say your FF was unintentional with your stakes??? But its only okay if YOU test or unintentionally do things??? Perhaps his attention was diverted for a few seconds or perhaps cav was zooming around him making him nervous??? Man FF happens and im sure if given the chance this guy would of said my bad but now that you've been a [edited]then I damn sure wouldn't..........But that's me.....I just know he's easily one of the top ten archers ive seen playing the game and more than capable of having a word match with you I reckon so ill leave you too it..........But the best guess I have here is you have disdain for him because he has grouped with me a few times.........XD

Equinox187 #9 Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:04 PM

Lance-corporal

show them the rest ball! show them you talking trash at beginning of the match, or show them your FF that match when you thru fire on me over and over, or would you like me too? Also, focus fire will show flames on ground at tier X. pretty funny how you draw that one small clip out of all the [edited]. BTW, isn't that public shaming what you are doing? Isn't that against the forum policies?

And yes, it was my bad as you see him charge you that is where the FF came from. And yes, I am sorry.

Edited by Equinox187, 29 December 2017 - 11:09 PM.

DalRiada #10 Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:18 PM

Lance-corporal

View Postmkloby, on 29 December 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

I estimated 5-10% as a max, better to be 0-5%, but it is situational. As an example, in some cases, the FF inflicted on a unit that is routed and encircled may make sense and be worth the damage inflicted on the enemy as it might be a lost unit anyway. I do find the interface clumsy though and wish there was a stop firing hotkey. I often find that there is one extra salvo with heavy FF before they stop once they realize they are inflicting friendly damage due to the lag in issuing a new command.

Good points.  Thanks for the reply.

DalRiada #11 Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:20 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostEquinox187, on 29 December 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

I believe my vote is a conflict of interest as I am an archer. I play in parties quite a bit. I wont name names but it rhymes with "Ancient Exile" will tell me to barrage that SOB knowing im going to do massive friendly fire to him. Very situational, and depending what strategy your team takes as a whole. Funny stories are someone has less than half of one unit left and is surrounded by 4 or more units and is in route. I will Barrage that pile of units with no reservations. Then that guy starts in game rants on how im a team killer. One of my biggest mistakes I still make is on Milt spears. I will barrage and he will rush one of my teams units which in turn almost destroys one of my team mates units. That one im working on getting better at. 9 second CPU lag doesn't help either.

Well Equinox I respect your thoughts on this one.  Hope to see you in game soon.  Thanks for contributing.

NOX_N0Values #12 Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:36 PM

Lance-corporal

I'll ff anyone at any given time if it looks like I will have a chance at being MVP. Otherwise, if it looks like I will be on the bottom of the scoreboard, then 0% ff is acceptable. 

mkloby #13 Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

View PostN0Values, on 29 December 2017 - 11:36 PM, said:

I'll ff anyone at any given time if it looks like I will have a chance at being MVP. Otherwise, if it looks like I will be on the bottom of the scoreboard, then 0% ff is acceptable. 

That is not a good thing...

LiuBei #14 Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:16 AM

Private

Yeah ff due to phalanx is unrealistically silly (super easy not to stab an ally thats kiiiinda close to you with a stick), I have warned allies not to come near me as I am finishing people with phalanx and they have charged in to try to pincer anyway. People have charged at stationary targets being shot at by my archers after a solid 10 seconds of me shooting at them (enough for anyone to notice that unit is under archer fire). They should reduce the friendly fire damage and/or penalty. 

Also tagged with Friendly Fire

1 user(s) are reading this topic