Skip some equipment upgrades or do they accumulate

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

traumadisaster #1 Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:16 PM

Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
I can skip some helmets and javs to get to a higher level of helmet and javs through using a different path of upgrading.  Should I skip to get to the better equipment or do I need the lower to get those stats to accumulate?

MikeLapTrap #2 Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

View Posttraumadisaster, on 27 December 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

I can skip some helmets and javs to get to a higher level of helmet and javs through using a different path of upgrading.  Should I skip to get to the better equipment or do I need the lower to get those stats to accumulate?

If you mean like 2 forms of helmets at the same tier. No only 1 can be equipped at a time and so only one of their affects is active at the time.

traumadisaster #3 Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:32 AM

Sergeant

This may be true but I have another instance where I can buy 2 greaves at the same time at it sure looks like they stack, may I get another confirmation from the community?

mechlordx #4 Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:37 PM

Private

They definitely do not stack. Just tested this, though I really shouldn't've wasted the free xp to..

N0Values #5 Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

Lance-corporal

They don't stack and once you buy the highest upgrade you cannot swap back. At t10 archers there is a bow that increased armor piercing first, but if I take the -17% reload time later on it cancels out the armor piercing modifier. IMO, they should add a swap weapon for people who unlock all of the upgrades for a particular unit. Or make them stack and reward people who choose to fully upgrade their units versus skipping all the upgrades and going up to the next tier and saving 70k Free XP. 

traumadisaster #6 Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:48 PM

Sergeant

View PostN0Values, on 16 January 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

They don't stack and once you buy the highest upgrade you cannot swap back. At t10 archers there is a bow that increased armor piercing first, but if I take the -17% reload time later on it cancels out the armor piercing modifier. IMO, they should add a swap weapon for people who unlock all of the upgrades for a particular unit. Or make them stack and reward people who choose to fully upgrade their units versus skipping all the upgrades and going up to the next tier and saving 70k Free XP. 

Interesting, i thought I was able to select lower tier equipment.  Not at cpu now to recheck.

dance210 #7 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator

View Posttraumadisaster, on 16 January 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

Interesting, i thought I was able to select lower tier equipment.  Not at cpu now to recheck.

Yes, you are still able to select lower tier equipment.

Arkkinite #8 Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:26 AM

Junior Sergeant

Equipment do not stack; your men may only pick one weapon/armour piece at a time. The stats each item gives is EXACTLY the what it saids on the item; you wont get any "bonus" or "extra" from, say, the prerequisite item.

Yes this means if you want (and if item upgrade path permits) you may skip a weaker upgrade and work straight towards the better one.

At higher tiers, you will notice that different equipments are geared towards different play style (e.g. tanky vs mobility). If you have bought both, you may change which one your units will equip in the following rounds. Just click on the equipment itself to do that.

Hope that helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users