Quick Question About the NDA RE: Recording for Future Use

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

ApolloBez #21 Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

View PostArdez, on 23 February 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

So are you just a troll just half the time or how does that work? You get your kicks through sarcasm but at the same time expect everybody to already know what you know and that you were being sarcastic.

First of all, I'm talking to you. And you just have no clue how ridiculous most of you lines of though are; and that's mainly because your youth. I have no doubt your smart, but there are things "you" just don't know. So don't presume to know what I think, but when I see anyone implying that "Dreaming" about making it big on the internet, knowing full well the majority of the viewers are under 18, is a productive way to fulfil your goals in life; I tend to get a little irritated./

The question was, can he record footage of Alpha testing to release later after the NDA is lifted...? The answer is "No"; unless expressed written consent is given.  

Edited by ApolloBez, 23 February 2017 - 09:05 PM.

If you can't beat'em, join'em; (and wait for a better opportunity to strike).   

Ardez #22 Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:17 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostApolloBez, on 23 February 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

First of all, I'm talking to you. And you just have no clue how ridiculous most of you lines of though are; and that's mainly because your youth. I have no doubt your smart, but there are things "you" just don't know. So don't presume to know what I think, but when I see anyone implying that "Dreaming" about making it big on the internet, knowing full well the majority of the viewers are under 18, is a productive way to fulfil your goals in life; I tend to get a little irritated./

The question was, can he record footage of Alpha testing to release later after the NDA is lifted...? The answer is "No"; unless expressed written consent is given.  

Yes, the question of whether it was under NDA or not was answered before you asked "Why are you so concerned abut uploading a video anyway man?". There isn't a point to pursue this further. You've been disingenuous and what started as a lighthearted joke has turned pretty sour.

MikeSzat #23 Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:26 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostApolloBez, on 23 February 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

​The best road, is never the easiest. And anything worth having is worth working for. And, lol, (Sorry, I crack myself up... I do so love talking to brick walls.. lol).... nobodies getting noticed posting game videos, unless they're like 6...  But anyway... knock yourself out... post Alpha test videos... be my guest... lol  Hope you get rich doing it.  

This was a nice civil debate of equally matched points and valid arguments but from here on you lost Apollo (lol).

The best road..unless they're like 6

To be a valid streamer or youtuber and make a significant value you have to put in the work to get it.  So you are arguing against your own point anyone can make 1 dollar, 5 dollars, or 10 dollars posting a ton of videos that get 0-100 views of awful quality.  To make $1,000, $10,000, or more you have to upload a lot of quality videos over a long period of time.  Think of these people as hobbyists who are sharing what they like not necessarily trying to get rich off of it.  If they do it well enough over a long time maybe they do make it to the top 1% and can live off of it.  Do most people start channels trying to easily get money and famous for little work?  Maybe but that is no different than the million other ways people try to do that in the real world.  Most successful streams are older than 6 also by the way.

E-Sports is a billion dollar industry now and gaming videos are a huge part of that.  There are TV Shows dedicated to it, movies, and documentaries.  Many countries around the world have it as popular as American sports with games on ESPN.  Get with the times bro.

Edited by MikeSzat, 23 February 2017 - 10:27 PM.

HELL_SunTzu #24 Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:55 AM

Sergeant

Wew ardez, keeping his wits and bringing down the civility hammer! Also Apollo, "I tend to get a little irritated" I might add a little too easily at that!

ApolloBez #25 Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:55 AM

Senior Sergeant

View PostMikeSzat, on 23 February 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

This was a nice civil debate of equally matched points and valid arguments but from here on you lost Apollo (lol).

The best road..unless they're like 6

To be a valid streamer or youtuber and make a significant value you have to put in the work to get it.  So you are arguing against your own point anyone can make 1 dollar, 5 dollars, or 10 dollars posting a ton of videos that get 0-100 views of awful quality.  To make $1,000, $10,000, or more you have to upload a lot of quality videos over a long period of time.  Think of these people as hobbyists who are sharing what they like not necessarily trying to get rich off of it.  If they do it well enough over a long time maybe they do make it to the top 1% and can live off of it.  Do most people start channels trying to easily get money and famous for little work?  Maybe but that is no different than the million other ways people try to do that in the real world.  Most successful streams are older than 6 also by the way.

E-Sports is a billion dollar industry now and gaming videos are a huge part of that.  There are TV Shows dedicated to it, movies, and documentaries.  Many countries around the world have it as popular as American sports with games on ESPN.  Get with the times bro.

I understand that Mike, I'm just concerned about the kids who read all this mess religiously. I've got several younger kids in the family that are ate up with YouTube, watching game footage, reading game forums, and all that jazz. It's not good, and their younger parents don't seem to think it's that bad.....  all I can do is shake my head. It's like giving crack to a rabbit.. So please excuse me, we've got history and I've got "0" tolerance at this point for much of anything Home-team has to say. 

And, yes Ardez, I was teasing KreepyKritter, (seeing as how he's grown), off the bat, implying wanting to record gaming footage was childish, but then you chime in like you always do, whether in jest or not, like "Dreaming" about getting rich of posting game footage is a positive thing. It isn't, not for children it isn't. Kritter's grown, big difference. 

Adult men should always preach education, and discourage easy fancies, when children are watching, (adult women don't need to be told this).

But then again, I've got strong convictions about children having access to the internet at all, so whatever.   

KreepyKritter #26 Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

Lance-corporal

So, since I seem to have been the catalyst for this cat fight, let me clarify some things.

Yes, I am grown. 35 in fact, not six.
Yes, I am aware of the quality v. quantity formulae involved in turning YouTube content creation into a viable source of income, as well as the pitfalls inherent in the pursuit. I have a full-time job that I have no intention of leaving unless/until that monthly income can be exceeded with an equivalent amount of time invested.
No, I don't aspire to levels of income on par with PewDiePie, et al, but good quality content posted on a regular or frequent basis can generate a 6 figure subscriber base in 3-9 months.

My reason for the original question was so that I could START work on several high quality, well edited videos, to be released after the lifting of the NDA. That's not to be, which is perfectly fine. It simply means I'll be under more of a time crunch to get the content produced to a high quality standard. IE: I'll have to work.
Adults (period, as all adults hold equal responsibility for inspiring/educating younger generations, regardless of gender) should be pushing education AS WELL AS setting high goals. Setting easily attainable goals means not aspiring to anything, or truly measuring one's own potential as a function of what successes can actually be achieved.
I also have several kids, 15 and 11, and I would be angry as hell if someone told them not to dream big, and aspire to greatness (in whatever they do). I'd be equally angry if someone tried to convince them that there was some easy button to achieve those big dreams... which is not at all what Ardez was implying, but it does appear to be a part of the strawman that got built.
Finally, and most importantly, the internet exists and is beyond any individual's control. As with television before it, and radio before that, it's up to parents to ensure that their children have sufficient presence of mind, and critical thinking ability, to distinguish between reality, fact, logic, parody, fiction and fallacy. Limiting their time using it is fine, because more important things exist, but curtailing the nature of that access (beyond simple age appropriateness) is a losing battle. It's like putting a steak in front of a hungry wolf and telling it to only eat half.

ApolloBez #27 Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

View PostKreepyKritter, on 28 February 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

So, since I seem to have been the catalyst for this cat fight, let me clarify some things.

Yes, I am grown. 35 in fact, not six.
Yes, I am aware of the quality v. quantity formulae involved in turning YouTube content creation into a viable source of income, as well as the pitfalls inherent in the pursuit. I have a full-time job that I have no intention of leaving unless/until that monthly income can be exceeded with an equivalent amount of time invested.
No, I don't aspire to levels of income on par with PewDiePie, et al, but good quality content posted on a regular or frequent basis can generate a 6 figure subscriber base in 3-9 months.

My reason for the original question was so that I could START work on several high quality, well edited videos, to be released after the lifting of the NDA. That's not to be, which is perfectly fine. It simply means I'll be under more of a time crunch to get the content produced to a high quality standard. IE: I'll have to work.
Adults (period, as all adults hold equal responsibility for inspiring/educating younger generations, regardless of gender) should be pushing education AS WELL AS setting high goals. Setting easily attainable goals means not aspiring to anything, or truly measuring one's own potential as a function of what successes can actually be achieved.
I also have several kids, 15 and 11, and I would be angry as hell if someone told them not to dream big, and aspire to greatness (in whatever they do). I'd be equally angry if someone tried to convince them that there was some easy button to achieve those big dreams... which is not at all what Ardez was implying, but it does appear to be a part of the strawman that got built.
Finally, and most importantly, the internet exists and is beyond any individual's control. As with television before it, and radio before that, it's up to parents to ensure that their children have sufficient presence of mind, and critical thinking ability, to distinguish between reality, fact, logic, parody, fiction and fallacy. Limiting their time using it is fine, because more important things exist, but curtailing the nature of that access (beyond simple age appropriateness) is a losing battle. It's like putting a steak in front of a hungry wolf and telling it to only eat half.

Point taken... good luck

Ancient_Exile #28 Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:21 AM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

Then there was that AWKWARD silence!!!!! *__*

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

Ardez #29 Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:12 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostAncient_Exile, on 03 March 2017 - 12:21 AM, said:

Then there was that AWKWARD silence!!!!! *__*

You mean the end of a conversation? Let threads die for once man.

Ancient_Exile #30 Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
Ummmm did I break some rule there Mr Ardez the moderator!!!!!! LOL just how in the the heck do you think you got 676 post it wouldn't be by POSTING now would it!!!!!! 

Ardez #31 Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:23 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostAncient_Exile, on 03 March 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

Ummmm did I break some rule there Mr Ardez the moderator!!!!!! LOL just how in the the heck do you think you got 676 post it wouldn't be by POSTING now would it!!!!!! 

Posting to drive conversation and posting to drive your post count are two different things.

Ancient_Exile #32 Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

Well I am simply responding to post that I find interesting and if you don't like it or think I haven't CONTRIBUTED in providing feed-back then feel free to pucker up and kiss it...................SINCE you are the SUPREME AUTHORITY figure GEEZ...........We cant all stay on here every single day all day long so when I have the chance to post I do and if you don't like it then TOUGH.............

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users