Quick Question About the NDA RE: Recording for Future Use

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

KreepyKritter #1 Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
So, having perused the NDA several times, I'm clear on the whole not streaming thing, and the not releasing stuff during the alpha phase, but what about after the closed testing period is over? If I record Alpha gameplay footage, and take my time editing together a greatest hits reel (so to speak), the NDA doesn't specifically state that I can never upload that video. It doesn't give a time frame.

Once again, so long as I hold off uploading until after the NDA is lifted, can alpha gameplay footage be uploaded at a later date, or does the NDA specifically restrict the sharing of Alpha footage, full stop? I'm terrible with legalese, so any clarification would be appreciated.

Ancient_Exile #2 Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:30 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

Where in the world is ARDEZ when you need him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

KreepyKritter #3 Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

Lance-corporal

I mean, anyone with any insight would be nice.

I already have my Twitch overlay optimized for this game, so when the NDA drops I can launch streams with a single click. I just want to know if I can do the same with a youtube channel, using pre-existing footage and video.

Ardez #4 Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

Any footage recorded during the NDA time period is NOT allowed to be used after the NDA is lifted. They specifically mentioned that at some point. You are not supposed to record any content during this testing period for current or future use. Streaming will also get you a ban(both on twitch & in game).

This was discussed somewhere, I will try and find my source.

KreepyKritter #5 Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:34 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostArdez, on 22 February 2017 - 10:03 AM, said:

This was discussed somewhere, I will try and find my source.

Please. I've had no luck so far, hence the question. Figured someone had been over the documents with a fine tooth comb at some point, thus saving me the time and headache.

To be clear, I haven't and won't stream until the NDA is lifted, just as I haven't recorded anything thus far. Just figured I'd ask before I try getting a head start on anything else.

PollotheDestroyer #6 Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
Let me look into this and see if I can get you an answer. 

PollotheDestroyer #7 Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator

View PostKreepyKritter, on 22 February 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Please. I've had no luck so far, hence the question. Figured someone had been over the documents with a fine tooth comb at some point, thus saving me the time and headache.

To be clear, I haven't and won't stream until the NDA is lifted, just as I haven't recorded anything thus far. Just figured I'd ask before I try getting a head start on anything else.

To put it simply, Alpha footage can't be shown during or after no matter what. 

MikeSzat #8 Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:40 PM

Lance-corporal

I think they are bluffing do it!

ApolloBez #9 Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:14 AM

Senior Sergeant

View PostKreepyKritter, on 22 February 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

So, having perused the NDA several times, I'm clear on the whole not streaming thing, and the not releasing stuff during the alpha phase, but what about after the closed testing period is over? If I record Alpha gameplay footage, and take my time editing together a greatest hits reel (so to speak), the NDA doesn't specifically state that I can never upload that video. It doesn't give a time frame.

Once again, so long as I hold off uploading until after the NDA is lifted, can alpha gameplay footage be uploaded at a later date, or does the NDA specifically restrict the sharing of Alpha footage, full stop? I'm terrible with legalese, so any clarification would be appreciated.

Why are you so concerned abut uploading a video anyway man?

Anyway, always error on the side of caution, just let it go. 

Edited by ApolloBez, 23 February 2017 - 01:15 AM.

If you can't beat'em, join'em; (and wait for a better opportunity to strike).   

Ardez #10 Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:28 AM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostApolloBez, on 22 February 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

Why are you so concerned abut uploading a video anyway man?

Anyway, always error on the side of caution, just let it go. 

Because some people have dreams.

ApolloBez #11 Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

View PostArdez, on 22 February 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

Because some people have dreams.

​Jesus man, I have to remind myself your age. There's a big difference in "Dreams"... and wanting people to "Look at me, Look at me"...

Ardez #12 Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:11 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostApolloBez, on 23 February 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

​Jesus man, I have to remind myself your age. There's a big difference in "Dreams"... and wanting people to "Look at me, Look at me"...

Well yeah, there is plenty of that as well. :)

ApolloBez #13 Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

View PostArdez, on 23 February 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

Well yeah, there is plenty of that as well. :)

​Sign of the times...

Ardez #14 Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostApolloBez, on 23 February 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

​Sign of the times...

Well the whole point of uploading videos and doing streams is to get noticed. If enough people watch you then you can actually turn it into a job via advertising. For some people that is their dream job. So yes, it is their 'dream' to get noticed.

Edited by Ardez, 23 February 2017 - 06:48 PM.

ApolloBez #15 Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:19 PM

Senior Sergeant

View PostArdez, on 23 February 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

Well the whole point of uploading videos and doing streams is to get noticed. If enough people watch you then you can actually turn it into a job via advertising. For some people that is their dream job. So yes, it is their 'dream' to get noticed.

​Or just do it the old fashioned way; go to school, study hard, and earn it.  (Sounds too much like work though, doesn't it??) 

Ardez #16 Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:28 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostApolloBez, on 23 February 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

​Or just do it the old fashioned way; go to school, study hard, and earn it.  (Sounds too much like work though, doesn't it??) 

That implies popular streamers and content creators don't study or put effort into their work. There is a lot of great content out there that takes time and professional knowledge to make. But generalizing an emerging entertainment industry is just so much easier, isn't it? :)

EDIT: Good creators and bad creators become pretty easy to distinguish between. It comes down to quality.

Edited by Ardez, 23 February 2017 - 07:29 PM.

ApolloBez #17 Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

View PostArdez, on 23 February 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

That implies popular streamers and content creators don't study or put effort into their work. There is a lot of great content out there that takes time and professional knowledge to make. But generalizing an emerging entertainment industry is just so much easier, isn't it? :)

EDIT: Good creators and bad creators become pretty easy to distinguish between. It comes down to quality.

​The best road, is never the easiest. And anything worth having is worth working for. And, lol, (Sorry, I crack myself up... I do so love talking to brick walls.. lol).... nobodies getting noticed posting game videos, unless they're like 6...  But anyway... knock yourself out... post Alpha test videos... be my guest... lol  Hope you get rich doing it.  

Ardez #18 Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:42 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostApolloBez, on 23 February 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

​The best road, is never the easiest. And anything worth having is worth working for. And, lol, (Sorry, I crack myself up... I do so love talking to brick walls.. lol).... nobodies getting noticed posting game videos, unless they're like 6...  But anyway... knock yourself out... post Alpha test videos... be my guest... lol  Hope you get rich doing it.  

You are a bit out of touch with reality when it comes to this topic, so I'd suggest you do some research before you make more assumptions.

ApolloBez #19 Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

View PostArdez, on 23 February 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

You are a bit out of touch with reality when it comes to this topic, so I'd suggest you do some research before you make more assumptions.

​Humm... think it's some big secret some kids have had 30K payouts from YouTube do you? Couple more that had promising reality show offers, (that went nowhere frankly)? 

Not by a long shot. You see, the thing is, I understand your POV, (and am the first to say, "Anything's possible"), but not visa-versa.  

Ardez #20 Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:43 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostApolloBez, on 23 February 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

​Humm... think it's some big secret some kids have had 30K payouts from YouTube do you? Couple more that had promising reality show offers, (that went nowhere frankly)? 

Not by a long shot. You see, the thing is, I understand your POV, (and am the first to say, "Anything's possible"), but not visa-versa.  

So are you just a troll just half the time or how does that work? You get your kicks through sarcasm but at the same time expect everybody to already know what you know and that you were being sarcastic.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users