Best cavalry general

cavalry general

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Squeaky86 #1 Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
So after all these updates which general is the best for cavalry ? I like to play Scipio and Arminius but at higher tiers Arminius is just outmatched by Vercingetorix. With the new update Scipio might be better as you wont get kitted into spikes when you oath. I dont really like Alexander as if you can catch him he's done for, one trick poney, plus it,s what I call a mix general where you need to take two types of units to use all your skills. What do you think ?

MikeLapTrap #2 Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

Well the only other options for cav that have abilities for cavalry would be Cynane, Milteades, Sulla, Ceasar, and Boudecca.

And out of those Sulla, Milteades, Cynane and Boudecca are all "hybrid" for cavalry since you can't use all your abilities on cavalry as those 4.

wwolfvn #3 Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:51 AM

Sergeant

View PostSqueaky86, on 20 December 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

So after all these updates which general is the best for cavalry ? I like to play Scipio and Arminius but at higher tiers Arminius is just outmatched by Vercingetorix. With the new update Scipio might be better as you wont get kitted into spikes when you oath. I dont really like Alexander as if you can catch him he's done for, one trick poney, plus it,s what I call a mix general where you need to take two types of units to use all your skills. What do you think ?

The new update is actually a nerf over Scipio. So pretty much Vercingetorix and Sulla now.

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

Cobboolio #4 Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:58 PM

Sergeant

• Praetorian
I still find Arminius the most fun / effective. I just tend to avoid other cav and ambush lighter units, maybe saving a unit for later in the game. Scouting can actually be quite useful too in certain games.

Merlin_Orion #5 Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:39 PM

Lance-corporal

Even with nerf scipo is still my fav as roman calv are tank and can really absorb for the team. Verx Is amazing for the moble zone/ aoe DOT. Arm is still sneaky as. Greeks have there moments but its really just about the charge thats all the got.

Ancient_Exile #6 Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:43 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
I am finding Sulla very capable of holding a blob of infantry and keeping them stalled for a while just like Scipio actually used to do............

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

Letum_Cruento #7 Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:13 AM

Junior Sergeant

View Postwwolfvn, on 21 December 2017 - 02:51 AM, said:

The new update is actually a nerf over Scipio. So pretty much Vercingetorix and Sulla now.

I try to avoid nerf, prefering balance, but I agree that Scipio (who was my favorite Roman commander)  has been balanced twice now and while he WAS my highest Roman at 8, I play him so little now, that my other 3 are 9, 9, and 10.  Maybe if they feel Oath gave too much defense, maybe they should make it extra effects, like a motion debuff, etc.  As it stands, Caesar with 50/50 offense/defense buffs makes more sense, or Sulla with 80% offensive buff / 60% offensive opponent debuff, or Germanicus 100/120 offensive buffs. Make Scipio a disaster in melee.  His charge is good, but Germanicus and Sulla have good charges.  Scipio still has his morale debuff, but Militades is better.  Poor guy is lonely sitting at the bottom of my list, waiting for a group I can synergize with to support to help route and that's about it.

Also tagged with cavalry, general

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users