When is the final playerbase wipe?

wipe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Dain_Ironfoot_ #1 Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:54 PM

Private

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

Ok, I'm sure the answer is somewhere but I've searched a little and couldn't find anything.  When will the last and final wipe of progress be made to the playerbase?  I'm glad I was able to help test the game, but I feel like continuing to grind is just a waste of time and I don't have a real urge to play until I know my progress will not just be reset.

Thanks.

Crimson_Corsair #2 Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:47 PM

Private

There will for sure be a wipe at the end of closed beta sometime after New Years. After that, you can safely expect one more at the conclusion of open beta, but their last statement regarding that was pretty vague, so I'm not sure.

While your progress will be wiped, with the addition of the Immortal rewards it's worth grinding those out for the free exp reward alone. It is actually quite generous. Even though it doesn't completely recover your progress, it's a substantial chunk.

dance210 #3 Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

View PostThrain_Ironsword, on 18 December 2017 - 05:54 AM, said:

Ok, I'm sure the answer is somewhere but I've searched a little and couldn't find anything.  When will the last and final wipe of progress be made to the playerbase?  I'm glad I was able to help test the game, but I feel like continuing to grind is just a waste of time and I don't have a real urge to play until I know my progress will not just be reset.

Thanks.

Hi Thrain_Ironsword,

The final planned wipe is between Closed and Open Beta. At this time, we have not announced an exact date for Open Beta, only that it will happen sometime after the new year. While I can understand your frustration, player feedback and bug reports are essential for making Total War: ARENA the best it can be, especially in Closed Beta. As Crimson_Corsair mentioned, we recently announced the Closed Beta Immortals reward program, to thank our players for their time and commitment. 

Thank you for all the time you have already committed, we appreciate it!  :)

Crimson_Corsair #4 Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:30 PM

Private

Hey Dance! Thanks for clearing up the final wipe issue. I wasn't sure, so I was just assuming they would clear after open as well going into release. Glad to see they don't plan on that.

screng #5 Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:09 PM

Private

Can Dance or someone confirm there will be no more wipes?  The lack of Immortal rewards would suggest that there will be another wipe, but this post says no wipe.  Could we get a definitive answer now that Open Beta (WOOHOO!!!) launched? :D

thanks in advance!  I cant believe how much fun the tutorial was - i groaned when it started but short, sweet, and perfect!  Also gorgeous. 

Edited by screng, 22 February 2018 - 12:10 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic