Base capture a bit "gamey"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

traumadisaster #1 Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:00 AM

Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

I've been on both ends of cap and decap and understanding the mechanic and ignorant of the process.  I'm fine with it as I understand it but new or non gamey crowd may be put off of it like I was initially.  We have to remember a lot of people are tw fans and not used to this environment.

The dance involves damaging and avoiding damage while trying to cap and decap, it's a bit convoluted no?

Goedeke_M #2 Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:56 PM

Lance-corporal

It has been long suggested that capture can not happen as long as a unit of the side that owns the base is in it. But it might have been tested in a Dev build before and resulted in very fast units (i.e. Armenius with Barb Cav) run in and out of their base and never allow capture which would be even more gamey. Ultimatley I think there is no soloution that will not result in a not convoluted soloution, since no matter what rules you impose players will react to them accordingly.

Edited by Goedeke_M, 17 December 2017 - 07:58 PM.

HybridDragon #3 Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:30 AM

Junior Sergeant

It's a very similar system as in World of Tanks.

Base defense in general could probably use a word in the tutorial. One of the most annoying things about low-level games (next to friendly fire) is that very few players will go backwards to defend a base under threat.

Maybe Creative Assembly can add an additional exercise to the tutorial. "While you were owning Arminius in the face and getting mad back-flanks, some enemy units snuck around the flank and are now threatening your base! Use your archers to reset their capture timers until help can arrive."

Feel free to use that exact quote. And also fit "shameful display" somewhere into the tutorial. If the Warhammer 2 guys have the Advisor and the Skaven say it, why not you?

SwiftFishy #4 Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:28 AM

Lance-corporal

Honestly, I think they've come up with the best solution to capping. It's fair and easy to understand

traumadisaster #5 Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:41 PM

Sergeant

View PostSwiftFishy, on 18 December 2017 - 06:28 AM, said:

Honestly, I think they've come up with the best solution to capping. It's fair and easy to understand

I understand it now, and it's easy to understand now but it took screwing up and people explaining it to me.  I'm from tw games not tanks so it makes no sense to "reset" a base coming from tw.  You either control ground or don't in war.  Resetting by shooting an arrow on someone doesn't make sense in a historical game setting,  

But in an arcade game setting make any crazy base resetting rules you want, add fk flaming flamingos to the flag that must be killed to "reset."  I get that now but I don't care for it, and I've seen a lot of other people attack the enemy coming to reset because that makes common sense.  It's crazy to hide in a sleeping bag in a tent in the back of the base, or run around like a merry go round so the enemy doesn't touch you.

Bulluck_1 #6 Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

Lance-corporal

I like the idea of not being able to advance your cap of a base if there is an enemy in the circle but you wouldn't lose your cap until you're hit. So if I'm arminius with cav capping a base and I get the bar to half way then a Leo with spears shows up and enters the circle, the cap stops. I can't "pillar hump" around away from the spears and keep capping. I have to kill the spears, abandon the cap or hope that he leaves the circle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users