FIX THIS NOW~ If you are working on this game as a designer or employee, read this now!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Okowaukee #1 Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

ok....to a guy like me its pretty common sense that this should not be allowed in the game....but it is so now I'm pissed and I have to spell it out for you.

WHY is a T10 player allowed to take T5 units into a game with T10 abilities? for the love of god man, just cap off abilities to the same tier as the unit!!! IT IS THAT SIMPLE!!! 

WHAT possible justification is there for allowing this to go on for so long? do you guys not play the very game you designed?? or is it that you need this loop hole to flex on other people and puff your chest out?

I just played a game where a 1 guy suicide charges into our team, I'm thinking this guy is stupid as hell... but little did we know, we were the stupid ones to engage him... Because he knew he could pop a t10 vengeance and can win against 6 people while surrounded. The more people that came to flank him, just got devoured in seconds and feed his vengeance...

NOW...why does he deserve to win this fight?? THINK ABOUT THIS CA....I ask you again, what is the justification? He used no tactics or position/terrain advantages. He had no flanking advantages, and he was getting flanked on all three sides!!!! what more can our team do? had no allied support and yet, he can run straight into our team and wipe out 60-70 percent of 1200 units... and then just walk away from it....not a big deal here...just on a Sunday stroll

THIS is sheer stupidity!!!! get real! there's no clearer way to say this.

It allows people to inflate their stats, and most of all, it runes the game for people. It ABSOLUTLEY runes the game. 

HOW has this not been fixed yet. It happens to me an a regular basis...its not new...PLEASE fix this broken loop hole. IM starting to feel like you guys are ran by the Trump administration. 

Its just my personal philosophy that people play and enjoy games because there is an underlying thought that within the game there is a balance and governing system that gives players an equal chance to win. This clearly tilts the balance of power in favor for players who have made the grind to T10. Again why? what is the justification??? I'm sick of putting up with this favoritism crap. skill and tactics should determine the game, not some broken advantage that players exploit like a loop hole....

MY NAME IS OKOWAUKEE

Ardez #2 Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:08 AM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian
Here: http://forum.totalwa...7417#entry17417

Zusheqiel #3 Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:13 AM

Lance-corporal

You do realize that this is closed beta, right? There is currently a lot wrong with the game that the devs are currently working on (including this), but seriously man, you don't need to post an issue like it's a life or death situation. I see way too many threads like this where people treat every single issue like the world is ending. You think the developers are going to work on your specific issue more, because you used caps lock? I wouldn't be surprised if they skip over these threads. They put in a lot of work on this game already, show some respect.

Snarge #4 Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:04 PM

Junior Sergeant

I feel like I’m the only one around that is not concerned about higher tier commanders with lower tier units and using those higher tier abilities. The goal of the game is not to be fair for a 50/50% probability of win. If you get crushed by vengeance... learn from it and adjust. This reduces the incentive to buy premium units, especially one below tier 5(or higher if it grows to upgrades to abilities). Although different systems and impact to gameplay, Crew skills are critically important in other similar WG titles and they have not been capped- the games didn’t fall apart. Maybe it is the right move for now for where the game currently is in development, and the right move for initial launch, but I do hope this goes away and definitely does not grow to include capping off upgrades to the abilities.

Ardez #5 Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:13 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View Postmkloby, on 14 December 2017 - 07:04 AM, said:

I feel like I’m the only one around that is not concerned about higher tier commanders with lower tier units and using those higher tier abilities. The goal of the game is not to be fair for a 50/50% probability of win. If you get crushed by vengeance... learn from it and adjust. This reduces the incentive to buy premium units, especially one below tier 5(or higher if it grows to upgrades to abilities). Although different systems and impact to gameplay, Crew skills are critically important in other similar WG titles and they have not been capped- the games didn’t fall apart. Maybe it is the right move for now for where the game currently is in development, and the right move for initial launch, but I do hope this goes away and definitely does not grow to include capping off upgrades to the abilities.

One of the concerns about this is that it isn't something people can easily learn from I think.

Imagine two players, in the same battle, using the same commander and units. One player's vengeance does 50% bonus melee attack and 50% bonus damage. The other players vengeance does 120% bonus melee attack and 105% bonus damage. The only way you can tell is by click on each enemy unit and checking their commander abilities manually... every single game...

And to your point about similar WG titles, I don't remember any crew abilities doubling your hit rate or damage, or making you impossible to kill, or speeding you up significantly for 4 seconds to ram somebody, or AoE buffing 70% bonus melee attack to all your allies or reducing enemy hit rates in an AoE by 50%+ or them wrecked your tankers morale with a single keypress...

So no, I don't think the crew systems are very comparable....

DETrooper #6 Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:32 PM

Sergeant

• Praetorian
This is something I've been wanting them to fix for a long time. It's not even a matter of matchmaking, they just need to have commander abilities scale down to the tier of units you brought into battle, or the highest tier unit in the battle; so if you brought T5 and there's T7s then you will get your T7 abilities to even the odds.

R_Valle #7 Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:10 PM

Junior Sergeant

View PostDETrooper, on 14 December 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

This is something I've been wanting them to fix for a long time. It's not even a matter of matchmaking, they just need to have commander abilities scale down to the tier of units you brought into battle, or the highest tier unit in the battle; so if you brought T5 and there's T7s then you will get your T7 abilities to even the odds.

That is true, commanders should be tunned down to the units tier. But I think the issue is Vengeance itself, it is a ridiculously OP ability. When you see someone pop Vengeance you simply cant touch that unit or you're going to get melted, even if you try to walk away it takes ages to deactivate it. The worst is when they activate it at the right time, when there is a huge fight in the middle and retreating isn't an option. You simply can't spot another unit surviving rather than a Roman with Vengeance, doesn't matter how good you micro your Spears, Barbs or even your Roman Swords when not playing with Germanicus, at the end you will get destroyed by someone with Vengeance.

Okowaukee #8 Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:44 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostZusheqiel, on 14 December 2017 - 04:13 AM, said:

You do realize that this is closed beta, right? There is currently a lot wrong with the game that the devs are currently working on (including this), but seriously man, you don't need to post an issue like it's a life or death situation. I see way too many threads like this where people treat every single issue like the world is ending. You think the developers are going to work on your specific issue more, because you used caps lock? I wouldn't be surprised if they skip over these threads. They put in a lot of work on this game already, show some respect.

​@Zusheqiel - You bring up a good point. After posting the thread I did feel it was a little childish, Touché sir I'm man enough to admit this. However the frustration is still real and even if my actions were questionable the fact remains this is a broken feature.  and its a HARD broken. 

Snarge #9 Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:15 PM

Junior Sergeant

View PostArdez, on 14 December 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

One of the concerns about this is that it isn't something people can easily learn from I think.

Imagine two players, in the same battle, using the same commander and units. One player's vengeance does 50% bonus melee attack and 50% bonus damage. The other players vengeance does 120% bonus melee attack and 105% bonus damage. The only way you can tell is by click on each enemy unit and checking their commander abilities manually... every single game...

And to your point about similar WG titles, I don't remember any crew abilities doubling your hit rate or damage, or making you impossible to kill, or speeding you up significantly for 4 seconds to ram somebody, or AoE buffing 70% bonus melee attack to all your allies or reducing enemy hit rates in an AoE by 50%+ or them wrecked your tankers morale with a single keypress...

So no, I don't think the crew systems are very comparable....

Ardez, 

I understand  your point and agree with you to an extent, which is why I mentioned the different system and impact to gameplay. Perhaps an icon that readily identified the commander tier that could be included in the interface. Potentially under player name, for example, would help for the part regarding lack of information. However, my point is that with commander buffs across all games, in the same scenario of a 1v1 of like units with one having a maxed crew and the other a base crew, the base crew is at a very large disadvantage and will lose. I do acknowledge your point about the larger proportional impact of the abilities- that is a valid point and the basis of the debate. What will be most important in my opinion is to not have people get seal clubbed by T10 vengeance in their first few days of playing and rage quit, and I think the current system does accomplish that. By tier 5 though, it’s game on in the current form. I’m sure this debate will continue on and keep resurfacing.

Zusheqiel #10 Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:50 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostOkowaukee, on 14 December 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

​@Zusheqiel - You bring up a good point. After posting the thread I did feel it was a little childish, Touché sir I'm man enough to admit this. However the frustration is still real and even if my actions were questionable the fact remains this is a broken feature.  and its a HARD broken. 

Well that's not something I was expecting. I used to moderate for another game company and it was really disheartening to see posts that were rather bashful to those devs, especially after they bent over backwards for their players as it was. My apologies for losing it a bit. Key to happiness: Don't ever work in any form of customer care or service. It eats at you and leaves you with a dim view of the world.

Ancient_Exile #11 Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:07 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
Aye Oku, I've played against and with you in a moderate amount of matches so I know your a good player........This being said you've every right to bust loose occasionally with frustration as EVERY single Alpha tester that has been active on the forums has done a time or two padre'...........Vengeance, Defiance, pike turnspeed, javelin damage output, barrage damage output, and the most OP ability in the game Caesar's silence Ultimate all need to adjusted in some way in order to keep people's tactical position ing from being nullified by cheesiness.......Respect and I feel ya emotions completely......

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

Frith #12 Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:19 PM

Lance-corporal

I thought I read somewhere they had already addressed this, that high tier commander abilities would be disabled if they used units not at the same tier (of above) of the ability.

Ardez #13 Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:28 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian
Abilities are disabled, ability upgrades are kept for the abilities that are kept.

1 user(s) are reading this topic