Closed Beta Reward Bonuses!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

dance210 #1 Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:38 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

Ave Commanders!

Although our ranks swell with the addition of thousands of new recruits, we must continue to move forward, our eyes on the next era of Total War: ARENA - Open Beta!

Before we make the leap to Open Beta, we’re going to focus on testing higher tiers of gameplay. To enable you to reach higher tiers more quickly, we’ve decided to give a 100% bonus per battle on all rewards (XP, Silver, Free XP) for the remainder of the closed beta test. Getting to Tier 7 and beyond will be quicker than ever, so hit the battlefield and earn glory, honor and riches in half the time!

But we’re not quite finished yet…

For many players, the Alpha and Beta testing program for Total War: ARENA has been a long fought war. Veteran players wear their experience with pride; thousands of battles played, scores of victories and defeats, witness to a constantly shifting landscape. As developers and publishers, we wouldn’t be where we are today without all of your efforts and support, so we’re working on a system to reward players for all of their time spent in Alpha and Closed Beta.

“Rewards? How?”

Well, we’re not quite ready to roll out the full plan, but here’s a little sneak preview of what we’re working on:

Condition: Achieve 100 Victories

Rewards:

• 50,000 Silver
  • 65,000 Free Experience
  • Unique cosmetic item (to be revealed later)
  • Title: Warrior
  • And more…

The rewards get progressively better the more victories you’ve attained, so your time spent in game will benefit you once we move past the final content wipe and into Open Beta.

Thank you for your continued support, testing, and feedback. TWA wouldn’t be the same without our community.

-The Total War: ARENA team

DETrooper #2 Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:35 PM

Sergeant

• Praetorian
Hm, can you at least tell us what the upper end of the scale in terms of # of victories might be?

Ancient_Exile #3 Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:15 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield
Very nice to hear this news! It was totally unexpected on my end........GROOVY, I cant wait until the further details/stipulations are revealed......*__*

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

wwolfvn #4 Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:48 PM

Sergeant

View Postdance210, on 04 December 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

Before we make the leap to Open Beta, we’re going to focus on testing higher tiers of gameplay. To enable you to reach higher tiers more quickly, we’ve decided to give a 100% bonus per battle on all rewards (XP, Silver, Free XP) for the remainder of the closed beta test. Getting to Tier 7 and beyond will be quicker than ever, so hit the battlefield and earn glory, honor and riches in half the time!

The bonus is not applicable as of now.

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

dance210 #5 Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

View PostDETrooper, on 04 December 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

Hm, can you at least tell us what the upper end of the scale in terms of # of victories might be?

Hi DETrooper,

Unfortunately, my lips are sealed! I can't spoil the big announcement early :)

View Postwwolfvn, on 04 December 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

The bonus is not applicable as of now.

Hi wwolfvn,

I checked on the double rewards bonus and it was confirmed that the bonus is active; however, it does not show up as a bonus in the after battle report.

DETrooper #6 Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

Sergeant

• Praetorian

View Postdance210, on 05 December 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Hi DETrooper,

Unfortunately, my lips are sealed! I can't spoil the big announcement early :)

That's fine, I just wanted to know if I need to start grinding wins ASAP :p

xtcmax #7 Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:46 PM

Lance-corporal

Dear Dance,

for my Beta tester rewards I would like to request the following:

1. Special camo for all my units

2. A name tag: Respect my AUTHORATA

Thank you in advance.

HybridDragon #8 Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:58 PM

Junior Sergeant

Do victories in the new Player vs AI mode count?

arrrgh #9 Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:38 AM

Lance-corporal

When I open my in game profile, it shows a different battle count, depending on which computer I am using.    So, I think its stored locally, its not a real total.  (if you have done reinstalls, or play on more than one computer.)

Since there does not appear to be a way to view your profile via the website, is there any way to see a real total?

Edited by arrrgh, 11 December 2017 - 04:38 AM.

Nooberto #10 Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:27 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Praetorian
I'm wondering.. do the Alpha and such victories count towards this? I wasn't able to play much during the Closed Beta due to school. :(
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

wwolfvn #11 Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:16 PM

Sergeant

View PostNooberto, on 12 December 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

I'm wondering.. do the Alpha and such victories count towards this? I wasn't able to play much during the Closed Beta due to school. :(

​Nooooooooooooo :hiding:

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

dance210 #12 Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

Hi guys!

More information about this should be coming soon™. I can say that only battles played during Closed Beta will count for this rewards program.

Squeaky86 #13 Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:40 PM

Lance-corporal

If there are other conditions you should tell us now because most players I talk too stick to tier 5 now because the want to get wins, this has a negative impact on the number of games played at higher tiers which you try to encourage by giving us extra 100% exp right ? Should I bring my higher tiers out ? Until we get an answer we stick to tier 5...

Ancient_Exile #14 Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:09 PM

Zhayedan

• Silver Shield

View Postdance210, on 13 December 2017 - 03:30 PM, said:

Hi guys!

More information about this should be coming soon™. I can say that only battles played during Closed Beta will count for this rewards program.

Hey dance210, whats with the November "Battle Report" email that states your total number of battles played to date since ones' first game (im assuming it even includes Alpha sessions) and also this number is extremely low if Alpha's are included because I have more battles than the number that was shown????? Just really weird cause I have never received a "Battle Report" before! Well hopefully for CHRISTMAS we can get the full details about the rewards and a DATE for open season............

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

dance210 #15 Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:26 AM

Senior Sergeant

View PostSqueaky86, on 13 December 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

If there are other conditions you should tell us now because most players I talk too stick to tier 5 now because the want to get wins, this has a negative impact on the number of games played at higher tiers which you try to encourage by giving us extra 100% exp right ? Should I bring my higher tiers out ? Until we get an answer we stick to tier 5...

Hi Squeaky86,

Right now, we do have bonus XP and Silver happening that yes, should help players grind up the lines quicker. As for any specific requirements for the Closed Beta rewards program, there isn't much I can say about it yet. You should be fine playing at tier 5 :)

View PostAncient_Exile, on 13 December 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Hey dance210, whats with the November "Battle Report" email that states your total number of battles played to date since ones' first game (im assuming it even includes Alpha sessions) and also this number is extremely low if Alpha's are included because I have more battles than the number that was shown????? Just really weird cause I have never received a "Battle Report" before! Well hopefully for CHRISTMAS we can get the full details about the rewards and a DATE for open season............

Hi Ancient_Exile,

November was the first time that a "Battle Report" was created. Apologies if the numbers were off; we will look into why that may have happened. Barring the incorrect numbers, please do let us know if you liked/disliked any of the information in the "Battle Report" :)

Nooberto #16 Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:17 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Praetorian

View Postdance210, on 13 December 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

Hi guys!

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

2 user(s) are reading this topic