realism

realistic real simulation

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

scarhead #1 Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:05 AM

Private

• Players

its been a while since i checked up on this game

will, there be a realistic mode, or at least a mode similar to the game play of the totalwar series?, having features like ammo, stamina, not pin point accuracy for artillery?

Ancient_Exile #2 Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:20 AM

Zhayedan

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
Wait for it! Wait for It! This is gonna be good! *__*

"You can't get blood out of a stone"

HybridDragon #3 Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

Junior Sergeant

On the topic of aspects from other Total War games, I'd like to see army-wide morale shocks in Arena. If my teammates on the other side of the map are bad, my units should lose morale and rout.

Ancient_Exile #4 Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:57 PM

Zhayedan

Oh really do you now?

Ancient_Exile #5 Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:15 PM

Zhayedan

View PostHybridDragon, on 31 January 2017 - 12:30 PM, said:

On the topic of aspects from other Total War games, I'd like to see army-wide morale shocks in Arena. If my teammates on the other side of the map are bad, my units should lose morale and rout.

It will never be mine friend........ croc-a-gator-hybrid-teo-lizard-xd-guard....................

ApolloBez #6 Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

View PostHybridDragon, on 31 January 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

​How would your troops know what's happening on the other side of the battlefield?
If you can't beat'em, join'em; (and wait for a better opportunity to strike).   

Ardez #7 Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:52 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostHybridDragon, on 31 January 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

That sounds... .awful.

ApolloBez #8 Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

View PostArdez, on 31 January 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

That sounds... .awful.

Yes it does..

scarhead #9 Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:37 AM

Private

• Players
i mean....why not?

thats one of the reasons alot of total war players aren't impressed by the game, it could draw in more players if it had a mode that was more like the total war series, whats the harm in doing so?

Ardez #10 Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:46 AM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View Postscarhead, on 03 February 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

i mean....why not?

thats one of the reasons alot of total war players aren't impressed by the game, it could draw in more players if it had a mode that was more like the total war series, whats the harm in doing so?

But if they want realism they can go play those other TW games. The goal of this game is not as much to 'lure in' classic total war players. It is a different game meant for a different kind of person. If they were trying to bait those players they should just make another medieval total war.

This game is supposed to pull in a more 'arcade' style audience into a strategy game.

ApolloBez #11 Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:57 AM

Senior Sergeant

View Postscarhead, on 03 February 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

i mean....why not?

​Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of realism and realistic dynamics being applied in Arena; but me taking a moral reduction because some other player gets killed on the other side of the battlefield, isn't my idea of fun. Besides, I believe if you take your lead unit across the field, leaving the others behind, and your General dies, your remaining troops take a moral penalty, (correct me if I'm wrong).

But to place my actual fighting ability and performance, (which moral is a big part of), in the hands of others, I'm not a fan of, at all.  

scarhead #12 Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:25 AM

Private

• Players

View PostArdez, on 04 February 2017 - 01:46 AM, said:

But if they want realism they can go play those other TW games. The goal of this game is not as much to 'lure in' classic total war players. It is a different game meant for a different kind of person. If they were trying to bait those players they should just make another medieval total war.

This game is supposed to pull in a more 'arcade' style audience into a strategy game.

asked a simple question and gave a suggestion, receives great typical response

go play "insert game here"

Edited by scarhead, 07 February 2017 - 12:32 AM.

scarhead #13 Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:26 AM

Private

• Players

View PostApolloBez, on 04 February 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

​Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of realism and realistic dynamics being applied in Arena; but me taking a moral reduction because some other player gets killed on the other side of the battlefield, isn't my idea of fun. Besides, I believe if you take your lead unit across the field, leaving the others behind, and your General dies, your remaining troops take a moral penalty, (correct me if I'm wrong).

But to place my actual fighting ability and performance, (which moral is a big part of), in the hands of others, I'm not a fan of, at all.  

i mean surely there were aspects of total war i didn't like either, but the main features that i missed were the ammunition, stamina, and tweaking artillery to not have pin point accuracy

ApolloBez #14 Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:42 AM

Senior Sergeant

View Postscarhead, on 06 February 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

i mean surely there were aspects of total war i didn't like either, but the main features that i missed were the ammunition, stamina, and tweaking artillery to not have pin point accuracy

​Wait a second, have you actually played Arena? (And artillery doesn't seem that accurate to me, especially when I'm using it... lol)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users