Update 2.3 is Live! Known Issues with Friends List and Units

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

dance210 #1 Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

Welcome to Update 2.3! Unfortunately, a few issues slipped through but we are working on correcting them as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience these may cause and are working hard to ensure this situation doesn't last long. 

To compensate you for the extended downtime and inconvenience with your friends list, we are granting all players who log in for the next 24 hours (17.00 UTC 21.11.2017 – 17.00 UTC 22.11.2017) 1 day of Premium time.

Thank you for your patience and support!

Known Issue with Friends List

As part of this new patch, we have implemented several changes to the pregame chat lobby. As a result of these changes, you may see that your friends list appears to be blank. Over the next several hours your friends list will be restored. Please note that any friends you add during this window will not be saved to your list and must be re-added at a later time. 

Known Issue with Units:

There is currently a known issue where certain units are receiving incorrect baseline stats in both damage and armor penetration. This will result in the affected units over performing in game, especially at higher tier. The development team is aware of this issue and is working to address it in the immediate, near-term future. 

• Non-Premium Roman Javelin units of all tiers
  • Non-Premium Greek Archer units of tier 5 and above
  • Non-Premium Greek Slinger units of tier 5 and above
  • Roman Artillery units of tier 5 and above
  • Barbarian Archer Warband (damage only)
  • Auxiliary Sagitarli (Premium Unit) (damage only)
  • Youths (Premium Javelin Unit)
  • Thracian Peltasts (Premium Unit)
  • Celtic Slingers (Premium Unit) (damage only)
  • Barbarian War Dog units.  
  • Tier 1 & 2 Hoplite units (damage only)

Developer and Publisher Note: we made the decision to move forward with this update because of the many other quality of life improvements in 2.3.0. We are actively working to correct this issue and expect a hotfix very soon. 

Best,

The Total War: ARENA development and publishing teams

traumadisaster #2 Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:54 PM

Sergeant

After losing all troops I did not get an option to leave game. I did get a view summary. I had to wait for the game to complete to leave. I could select exit and leave game but I didn't know if I would lose stats?

Typo on tip screen waiting for game to load for Roman infantry, says Iack of all trades.  I actually use the wait time to review units and commanders but the tip overlay prevents that, i like the tips page  though.

traumadisaster #3 Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:47 PM

Sergeant

Chat is unavailable in the loading screens where players card boxes are lined up on the left and right of screen with countdown timer.   No chat on location selection screen either.

traumadisaster #4 Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:00 PM

Sergeant

3D render gfx option does not have a tool tip.  Also computer lag is much improved!

The_Mazzdabator #5 Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players

any idea when the chat and friends list will be back up?

dance210 #6 Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

View PostThe_Mazzdabator, on 22 November 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

any idea when the chat and friends list will be back up?

Hi The_Mazzdabator,

At this time, we do not have an estimated time when this issue will be resolved. Our team is working on it and will fix it as quickly as possible. We apologize for the delay in fixing this friends list.

The_Mazzdabator #7 Posted 22 November 2017 - 07:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players

Still no news then? Just my opinion but not being able to do party battles is losing the best aspect of this game. I'm sure you're all working to fix it, just surprised it's taken this long. And other people seem to be able to use global chat, just not me lol.

The_Mazzdabator #8 Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
So is there going to be any news or is this just how it is now? been 2 days now.

Ardez #9 Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostThe_Mazzdabator, on 23 November 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

So is there going to be any news or is this just how it is now? been 2 days now.

http://forum.totalwa...17-at-0900-utc/

I dunno.... I guess read that? :p

Edited by Ardez, 23 November 2017 - 12:30 PM.

The_Mazzdabator #10 Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players

I had managed to add 5 of my friends back and I've just come on today to find my friends list empty. Again! What is going on? I can't find any information on it

dance210 #11 Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

View PostThe_Mazzdabator, on 25 November 2017 - 05:25 AM, said:

I had managed to add 5 of my friends back and I've just come on today to find my friends list empty. Again! What is going on? I can't find any information on it

Hello The_Mazzdabator,

Thank you for updating us. We are still working on fixing the friends list issue but have no ETA on when that will be fixed.

Goedeke_M #12 Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:28 PM

Lance-corporal

View Postdance210, on 25 November 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

Hello The_Mazzdabator,

Thank you for updating us. We are still working on fixing the friends list issue but have no ETA on when that will be fixed.

Kind of a bumper haveing this kind of issue on a weekend where you hand out extra rewards for playing together. Currently it seems a lot of people are unable to play together ...

WaldoVonZude #13 Posted 26 November 2017 - 03:16 AM

Junior Sergeant

i cri evertim. 

Applied Behavior Analysis uses only empirical evidence to form generalizations about human behavior. I teach about ABA, public speaking, and leadership as a hobby.

Goedeke_M #14 Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:41 PM

Lance-corporal

So finishing a quite disapointing event weekend. We had a group really looking forward to play in parties. I understand that noone wants to work at weekends but next time you have such a major issue with a patch you really should consider a roleback!

Daes #15 Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:52 AM

Private

• Players

I hope it gets fixed soon...I had a few friends who wanted to play but didn't because of us not being able to group up. One day of premium for a 3 day mishap, doesn't seem worth it to me...I hope it get's fixed soon, I have battles to win...

Letum_Cruento #16 Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:46 AM

Junior Sergeant

I think everyone at WG/CA is as disappointed if not more than the players.  Im sure this event was planned in advance and opening the game up with such a huge bug has got to have the devs gnashing their teeth.  Remember, we just play this game and this point arent even paying to play, just playtesting.  That being said, Im as frustrated as most anyone.

My question is: Us chat on its own server as some games used to have it or is it all running together on one server.  I can generally guess in the general direction of where a new bug crops up based on what the patch was addressing, but I cant find a correlation here.

As much as anyone might like to know when, the fact that when can't be answered tells me one of two things:

1) The dev team doesnt know what caysed the bug or

2) The dev team knows caused the bug but it is either not known how it will be fixed or it will take significant period of time.

3) 2 or 3 above and the dev team cannot or is not willing to do a rollback.

Just a suggestion, but "test server" comes to mine.  Yes there are closed beta test servers, but hopefully there is a supertester server.  Rumor has it the Asian server's chat is working fine.  Not only do I not know if there is an Asian server, but neither dont know if this is true.

Incidents like this have caused enough damage that games have not ever recovered a quarter of the people they had......back in the days oc the $49.99 game cost and the $15 monthly subscription model. 

Letum_Cruento #17 Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:51 AM

Junior Sergeant

View PostLetum_Cruento, on 27 November 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:

I think everyone at WG/CA is as disappointed if not more than the players.  Im sure this event was planned in advance and opening the game up with such a huge bug has got to have the devs gnashing their teeth.  Remember, we just play this game and this point arent even paying to play, just playtesting.  That being said, Im as frustrated as most anyone.

My question is: Us chat on its own server as some games used to have it or is it all running together on one server.  I can generally guess in the general direction of where a new bug crops up based on what the patch was addressing, but I cant find a correlation here.

As much as anyone might like to know when, the fact that when can't be answered tells me one of two things:

2) The dev team knows caused the bug but it is either not known how it will be fixed or it will take significant period of time.

Just a suggestion, but "test server" comes to mine.  Yes there are closed beta test servers, but hopefully there is a supertester server.  Rumor has it the Asian server's chat is working fine.  Not only do I not know if there is an Asian server, but neither dont know if this is true.

Incidents like this have caused enough damage that games have not ever recovered a quarter of the people they had......back in the days oc the $49.99 game cost and the $15 monthly subscription model. 

In short, its likely the devs are far more concerned about this than we are.  Trust me, they are on it.  The worrisome part us that it has been three days.  If its a time lapse because of the holiday, by all means, let the team enjoy it with their family and friends.  If not, it is a disturbing passage of time that would point to either 2) or 3). And that us worrisome.

Ardez #18 Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:53 AM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View PostLetum_Cruento, on 27 November 2017 - 02:46 AM, said:

All games take player on one single EU server. The chat/friendlists are separate for each region. So while you might be able to play against EU, RU or ASIA players, you can only party and friend players from your own region.

I'm certain the devs are working on the issue, the weekend simply got in the way and it was likely too late to rollback because of the hotfixes they deployed during the previous week expected to fix several issues.

Ardez #19 Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:56 AM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

All of that being said, I just saw an update in discord.

Zwill

Hey folks. Just an update on the chat and friends list issues: we had people working through the weekend on this and unfortunately they weren't able to solve the issue. 

We're back in the office this morning and will be hitting the issue anew. 

Apologies to anyone who was impacted by these problems over the weekend and I'll be talking to the team today about how we handle the missed potential bonuses.

The_Mazzdabator #20 Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players

View PostGoedeke_M, on 26 November 2017 - 10:41 PM, said:

So finishing a quite disapointing event weekend. We had a group really looking forward to play in parties. I understand that noone wants to work at weekends but next time you have such a major issue with a patch you really should consider a roleback!

​Yer, well said re roleback, if you read the notes on the original patch, it says that it was known the problem that would be caused to chat, friends and parties, but that there were enough bugs fixed in gameplay to make it worthwhile releasing. Can I just ask who said it was worth it? And on what research were they basing that on, cos it seems to me the best aspect of the game is party play, and that there are still plenty of gameplay issues to make the game less enjoyable than when you are with friends. All in all, a very bad decision wouldn't you say? 

2 user(s) are reading this topic