[RIP] Suggest Option to switch to other region with same account when login

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

wwolfvn #1 Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:22 PM

Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

Many people in NA have friends in EU with whom they want to party up and vice versa. So it would be beneficial to all if there is an option to switch region when login. To compensate for the server cost, a fee can be applied every time a region request is made, e.g. $10 etc. like buying the starter bundle.

Nice weekend to all!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

4Wild #2 Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:45 AM

Lance-corporal

This is my first huge grievance with this game! WG sucks and doesn't allow people to change servers. Look at any other popular game, and you can easily change between servers. Accounts shouldn't have region lock and I should be able to easily flow between NA, EU, and AS servers WITH previous progress coming with me and WITHOUT  penalty. Thats what you need for a good global community and I think this should be the first thing WG works toward. Will WG do it. No.

wwolfvn #3 Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:29 AM

Sergeant

View Post4Wild, on 18 November 2017 - 09:45 PM, said:

This is my first huge grievance with this game! WG sucks and doesn't allow people to change servers. Look at any other popular game, and you can easily change between servers. Accounts shouldn't have region lock and I should be able to easily flow between NA, EU, and AS servers WITH previous progress coming with me and WITHOUT  penalty. Thats what you need for a good global community and I think this should be the first thing WG works toward. Will WG do it. No.

Yeah the only excuse I can find is that in their original plan, there would be a huge influx of players from each region that easily fill the matchmaking when the game enters open beta or release. Unfortunately, we don't have that luxury in NA. Here the game is not popular; not as many people playing as in EU/CIS (the T8+ matches are at the mercy of our friends in EU/CIS as of now). So I don't think the region-based servers can be deployed anytime soon. They pretty much get stuck in the current situation - can't proceed toward their original plan, but cannot discard it either.

That being said, why not allowing option to switch regions when login. I'm even OK with the small fee to do so.

Arkkinite #4 Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:20 AM

Junior Sergeant

+ gazillion

wwolfvn #5 Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:23 AM

Sergeant

RIP

1 user(s) are reading this topic