Closed Beta Report Summary: 11.13.17

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

dance210 #1 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator

Commanders!

First, I would like to apologize for not posting a summary last week. Time got away from me, and before I knew it, a new week had started. The summary below is a mix of items from 11.06.17 and 11.13.17; going forward, we should be back on track!

As always, this is the cliff notes version of the NA weekly report. It's a brief look at our full report; if you have any questions or feel as though important topics were missed, please let me know below! The bugs are generally newly reported bugs, although some "hot topic" issues may still be included (e.g. Failed to Connect to Profile is reported, even though it's a known issue and the developers are working on it).

Key Items

• Continue reviewing balance of specific Commanders, abilities and units.
  • Review Friendly Fire, especially punishments and/or ways to curb it from happening.
  • Allow players more versatile movement (e.g. left, right, about-face) and formation orders.
  • Review new wavering mechanic, especially with regards to units with fewer soldiers present (e.g. cavalry).
  • Allow players to reconnect to a game in progress.
  • Adjust the tactical marker and telestration tool to show which player is using it.
  • Add in-game functionality to honor other players or report inappropriate behavior.
  • Review Silver economy, especially at high tiers.
  • Increase visibility on how long until a player reaches the next player level and what prize(s) are upcoming.
  • Allow players to use the mouse or keyboard when the final screen prompts them to "press any key to continue."
  • Increase customization and variability of units, abilities and/or equipment.

Bugs

• After entering the game and the tutorial starting, player encountered an all-black screen with only the mouse cursor visible and in-game audio working. Hitting ESC gave an audio cue that the Main Menu was open; however the player could not see any of the menu titles.
  • Some replays end after ~3 seconds. Player is unable to view the replay and will only see the final Annihilation end screen.
  • Failed to Connect to Profile error continues.
  • When both teams capture the base at the same time, the game does not conclude in a draw. The battle continues until all units on one team are destroyed.
  • Cavalry and melee units are able to charge while engaged in melee combat.
  • With scorpions, one or more units may encounter an error during the reload animation and will not fire for the remainder of the match.
  • While in a party, player occasionally is unable to click on anything after readying up. This issue is only fixed by rebooting the game or entering a match.
  • When using certain abilities (e.g. Scipio’s Oath) or capping a base, player will be marked as AFK for that match.
  • Game will freeze during “Assembling Player” screen. Player will hear the game load; however, he is unable to enter the battle. Client must be restarted to fix the game freezing.
  • On certain resolutions, Performance Information will cover up part of the enemy units left image on the screen. Known resolutions where this happens: 1366x768 and 1680x1050.
  • When the player uses Scipio’s Oath and the enemy units move away from combat, the player’s units are still under the effects of Oath if a second enemy attacks. However, as the units are unorderable, the player is unable to attack. Oath should be dropped after the initial enemy ends the conflict.

Arkkinite #2 Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:17 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
Thanks Dance

Naacal_ #3 Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:59 PM

Lance-corporal

View Postdance210, on 14 November 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

• On certain resolutions, Performance Information will cover up part of the enemy units left image on the screen. Known resolutions where this happens: 1366x768 and 1680x1050.

1440x900 too, basically 16:10 I think

DesertxxFox #4 Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:04 PM

Lance-corporal

Thanks for showing us you are at least taking our feed back

Torgrimmer #5 Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

Lance-corporal

Thank You Dance, I am very glad to see my issue i suggested is being looked into ty ty ty.

• Allow players to use the mouse or keyboard when the final screen prompts them to "press any key to continue."

D6Veteran #6 Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:12 AM

Lance-corporal

Key Items

• Continue reviewing balance of specific Commanders, abilities and units.
  • Review Friendly Fire, especially punishments and/or ways to curb it from happening.
  • Allow players more versatile movement (e.g. left, right, about-face) and formation orders.
  • Review new wavering mechanic, especially with regards to units with fewer soldiers present (e.g. cavalry).
  • Allow players to reconnect to a game in progress.
  • Adjust the tactical marker and telestration tool to show which player is using it.
  • Add in-game functionality to honor other players or report inappropriate behavior.
  • Review Silver economy, especially at high tiers.
  • Increase visibility on how long until a player reaches the next player level and what prize(s) are upcoming.
  • Increase customization and variability of units, abilities and/or equipment.

Super happy to see these three being discussed by the team!  Thanks for the report!

Edited by D6Veteran, 22 November 2017 - 03:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users