[Tutorial] Commander Tactics: Germanicus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Arclinon #1 Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:28 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

This time we take a look at the first 2 abilities of Germanicus. I would like to give an extra time to appreciate the beauty of his ultimate as such it is coming up next week. 

traumadisaster #2 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:11 PM

Sergeant

Thanks for tutorial, it says he will cover vengeance later but I don't see that.  With vengeance do you have to select an enemy that you want to set the spell on or is it area effect?

Ardez #3 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:17 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian
He mentioned the video will be coming next week, but vengeance applies a stat buff to the unit that activates it. No enemy unit selection is needed. It isn't an AoE either. You activate it on each of your own units individually.

Arclinon #4 Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

Thanks Ardez for the explanation and here is the Vengeance Tutorial. Coming up Next is Gaius Julius Caesar.

traumadisaster #5 Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:45 AM

Sergeant

Thanks for the tutorial!  I'm wondering what the proper use of formed combat is, if we shouldn't use it so our troops so they surround?  I noticed this too but I think I noticed a morale boost after formed but when no left them open it seemed like their morale was a little lower.

You focused on gaining points through doing the most helpful duty to help your team win.  I think that makes sense but how could the game engine ever have an idea of what out intentions are?  A human would be hard pressed to know what a player was thinking.  Thanks

Arclinon #6 Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:17 PM

Junior Sergeant

View Posttraumadisaster, on 20 November 2017 - 05:45 AM, said:

Thanks for the tutorial! I'm wondering what the proper use of formed combat is, if we shouldn't use it so our troops so they surround? I noticed this too but I think I noticed a morale boost after formed but when no left them open it seemed like their morale was a little lower.

You focused on gaining points through doing the most helpful duty to help your team win. I think that makes sense but how could the game engine ever have an idea of what out intentions are? A human would be hard pressed to know what a player was thinking. Thanks

The proper use used to be when you want your unit to kill quickly or to hold the enemy. After the update to formed combat the only time you want it off is when you are finishing a unit off aka they have less than 10 men left so more of your men engage them, wining you time.

2 user(s) are reading this topic