New Player FAQ

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

dance210 #1 Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

Hello new Commanders and welcome to the battlefield! We are excited to have you join the ranks of our august warriors! Here is a quick guide to help you on your way.

What are the minimum and recommended computer requirements needed to play?

You can find the minimum and recommended computer requirements here.

How do I download the game?

1. Download and install the Wargaming Game Center.
  2. Launch the Wargaming Game Center 
  3. Scroll down to "Discover Other Wargaming.net Games"
  4. Select Total War: ARENA and begin the download

What will I see when I log in for the first time?

When you log in, you will automatically start the in-game tutorial. Follow the instructions of your advisor as he teaches you what you need to know to succeed in the ARENA. Follow the instructions to proceed through both Recruit Training and Officer Training.

Do I have to complete the tutorial or can I skip it?

It is possible to skip the in-game portion of the tutorial. You will need to complete the campfire portion in order to proceed. Please follow these steps:

1. Wait until the introductory scenes are finished. Once they are done, you will be able to select your units.
  2. Press Esc to open the Main Menu. Click "End Battle"

This will bring you to the campfire scene. While the first tutorial battle was skipped, you will still need to follow this portion of the tutorial.

1. In the campfire screen, click through the advisor notifications until you reach "Pick a Commander for the Next Battle." Please select any commander to continue.
  2. This will start the second in-game portion of the tutorial.
  3. Wait for the introductory scenes to finish. Once they are done, you will be able to select your units.
  4. Press the Esc key to open the Main Menu. Click "End Battle."
  5. Click "Yes" in the pop-up to exit the battle.

Once again, you are are the campfire scene; however the tutorial is not quite over yet! Follow the instructions of the advisor to complete the last step of the tutorial.

1. Follow the pop-up instructions for the advisor. When possible, click the "Play" button to start a match.
  2. Once your match is complete, you have finally exited the tutorial and can play as normal. 

Can I complete the tutorial at a later time or replay the tutorial?

Yes! In the bottom right corner, click on "Practice Mode" - the icon looks like a graduation cap. You can replay the Recruit Training (basic controls) and Officer Training (Infantry, Cavalry or Archer unit vs. AI) as many times as you would like.

Once the tutorial is complete, what should I do next?

You start with three available commanders - Germanicus in the Roman faction, Arminius in the Barbarian faction and Cynane in the Greek faction. Select your commander then select the three units to bring into battle. When you are ready, click the orange "Play" button to join a battle! As you gain experience and Silver, you will level up your Commander and units!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. See you on the battlefield!

Reptar_On__Ice #2 Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:51 PM

Private

• Players
I just receive a "failed to authenticate" error every time I load up the game

dance210 #3 Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

View PostReptar_On__Ice, on 27 November 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

I just receive a "failed to authenticate" error every time I load up the game

Hello Reptar_On__Ice,

There is currently an issue that is preventing NA players from starting the client, resulting in the "Failed to Authenticate" error. The team is aware of this and are working to correct it as quickly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience! I will update this thread if I receive any additional information.

B1gD4ddy #4 Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:59 AM

Private

• Players
I kept getting dropped once the game started, is anyone else having this happen?  I have been waiting so long to try this game, I hope its not just me.

Crusader43 #5 Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:11 AM

Private

are you droping soon as u try start the game and then nothing loads bc it doing that to me 

_LETHAL_ #6 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:14 PM

Private

• Players
dance210 please help me I been waiting for this beta to come out but I did not get an invitation for it I apply but I want in this game so bad please help me get access to the beta can you ? is Christmas :) please help 

Ardez #7 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:24 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian

View Post_LETHAL_, on 23 December 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

dance210 please help me I been waiting for this beta to come out but I did not get an invitation for it I apply but I want in this game so bad please help me get access to the beta can you ? is Christmas :) please help 

There have been codes all over the place to get access. I think 'SATURNALIA' might still be live. 

_LETHAL_ #8 Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:28 PM

Private

• Players

View PostArdez, on 23 December 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

There have been codes all over the place to get access. I think 'SATURNALIA' might still be live. how you use that code?

View PostArdez, on 23 December 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

There have been codes all over the place to get access. I think 'SATURNALIA' might still be live. 

how you use that code ?is there a link for where to add it?

Sotor_1 #9 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:36 PM

Private

• Players
When open the game to the normaly users ??.....When the players that not stay in the beta server can play this game ??? please comment 

Ardez #10 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:38 PM

Zhayedan

• Praetorian
There is no announcement yet on when the game will transition from Closed Beta to Open Beta. All expectations are that it will be sometime early this year, but no firm date has been given.

1 user(s) are reading this topic