EasyAntiCheat

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

The_Goblin_King #41 Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:22 PM

Private

• Players
I came to give the game a go with the open closed beta week, found I needed to install this software. Googled what it does, found this forum topic, decided to not install it. Oh well, back to PUBG which is a game riddled with cheaters, but no software like this.

traumadisaster #42 Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:47 AM

Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
I'd say who gives a frig and install it, especially for the last few decades we've been saying what you mentioned and it has never mattered anyway.

Iceback #43 Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

Private

Riddle me this game guru's, hear me out.....There are issues of EAC scanning outside it's specified game folders to other game folders not related to the intended game I was running. This happened to me on a few steam games as well as other games that I have language and voice packs running that are not related to EAC.  (I stopped playing anything running EAC as an anti cheat so I could access my other games that have a more compatible and focused anti-cheat)  Soooo, if EAC only scans the related folders to 'this' game and nothing else, why would I be blocked for having a language pack on another game not related to 'this' game unless EAC is in fact operating outside it's parameters on my system and flat out lying about it?  Their own faq's state they don't scan or collect data outside the specified game... oh, and of course they are 'working' on being whitelisted by anti virus programs.... not working out so well on that front when they still continually pop up as being blocked as spyware. EAC has in the past on other games I've run, interfered with and has not been compatible with any other anti-cheat programs running in the background or installed on my system.  (Except for VAC)

Yes yes, before you 'defenders of the faith' trolls jump in,.. I do update anti virus daily to current versions, no they are not hacked versions but ones I pay for and yes although EAC's own website says among others, Nod32 (which I prefer) is whitelisted, what they don't tell you is what version of the anti virus they were whitelisted for. There is no indication as to how old that whitelist is.  Oh and feel free to send them a notice asking what version they were whitelisted for,... *crickets chirping*  that's the reassuring answers I was so totally hoping for,.. just like a new puppy at Christmas that the kids will abandon and leave me to look after for the next 15 years.   Just assuming that because they say they are whilelisted for (pick your flavour of anti-virus)  and that signature version and status is 'latest'  does not mean [edited]if it hasn't been updated in 6 months.  So point being, EAC still gets flagged as intrusive to the system.  

I like this game and the concept and what I had been able to play.  Anti cheat?  Fine, but perhaps try a different one that integrates and does what it is supposed to do not what it says it will do as 'saying and doing' are not one and the same.   One other concern is that by not using an integrated anti cheat and using third party separate installation are you trying to legally absolving yourself of any responsibility of abuse or misuse of personal information by that third party usage of information?  If you trust them so much, integrate it and take responsibility for potential abuse and misuse in the software you authorize.  Why EAC and not another program?  Or is this like when I was living in a former Russian republic where whoever made the decision got some kind of a kickback for 'negotiating the use' of something else?  I don't think so, but hey, you live under open corruption and any kind of conspiracy can be justified,... even my not trusting EAC so in the end it's opinion but one I formulated from experience and trust of other programs and software.  Trust that is simply not there for EAC.

If you had bitcoin and it was hijacked from your exchange, would you use that exchange again once it's failed you?  This is how I feel about EAC and reading here and other forums,... it does not seem to be an uncommon issue. Would love to keep playing this game but the market has a way of self balancing and it would suck if the go or no go from players making this successful in the community came from what appears to be a matter of trust or lack of in the anti-cheat service chosen to represent your game.

Not hating on the game or anit-cheat,...just EAC.  (thanks for reading and sorry for the long note but I don't like giving one line complaints about a beta test without a little more detail or solutions)  

LilyofPortland #44 Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

Private

Hello, I am a Total War veteran and came from that community.  I was excited to try this game until you asked me to download 3rd party spyware in order to do it.  I will not be playing this title, nor any of your others.

Thank you.

DonaldJJTrump #45 Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:08 PM

Lance-corporal

where do i report hackers? 

2 user(s) are reading this topic