Idea for new faction?

Faction Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

BlastAwayGaming #1 Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:58 PM

Private

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
I have been playing Total War Area for a good amount of time and i really like this game!!  :)  And i was thinking about the other total war games and what units might be cool in this game. Then i struck my mind, AN ASIAN FACTION!! we need WAR ELEPHANTS!! I think it would fit in well with the other specialty units for each faction, Roman = Siege Weapons(machine), Barbarians = War Dogs(infantry/animal), Greece = Pike-man(infantry), and Asia faction being War Elephants(cavalry/animal). I hope that maybe we may get some more cool units in the future whether they be in a new faction or in an existing one. Keep on gaming :)

SenatorMolotov #2 Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:43 PM

Lance-corporal

Japan has been confirmed to be a faction at some point.  They can easily have  Katana (sword) Infantry Line, a Nodachi (Katana-like Greatsword) line, a Nodachi (Polearm) line, a Yari (Spear) line, potentially a Yari (Spear) cavalry and Katana (Sword) cavalry line and maybe some really gimmicky unit like Ninjas?

Otherwise an Indian faction might be really interesting, Persia seems like a good option as well, Carthage, Egypt, and more.  A WGing employee on reddit mentioned he personally would like to see a native american faction (note he clarified that this was in no way a confirmation of a new faction, but just his personal wishes) as well.  Native Americans at contact had stone age weaponry (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so it would be a plausible faction with quite a few interesting options I think (they'd probably be glass cannons due to the serious lack of armor).I'm not sure if CA/WGing will keep Barbarians as a faction. It's so broad that I think they might rename it or split it into multiple factions.     

wwolfvn #3 Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:43 AM

Sergeant

WG/CA will definitely add more units / factions into the game. However, what they should do first is to get the game balance before adding more content to the mix.

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

DETrooper #4 Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:15 AM

Sergeant

• Praetorian

View Postwwolfvn, on 18 October 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

WG/CA will definitely add more units / factions into the game. However, what they should do first is to get the game balance before adding more content to the mix.

Agreed, although one could argue that adding new content will destabilize the meta anyways and re-balances will need to occur regardless.

BlastAwayGaming #5 Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

Private

View PostSenatorMolotov, on 18 October 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

Japan has been confirmed to be a faction at some point.  They can easily have  Katana (sword) Infantry Line, a Nodachi (Katana-like Greatsword) line, a Nodachi (Polearm) line, a Yari (Spear) line, potentially a Yari (Spear) cavalry and Katana (Sword) cavalry line and maybe some really gimmicky unit like Ninjas?

Otherwise an Indian faction might be really interesting, Persia seems like a good option as well, Carthage, Egypt, and more.  A WGing employee on reddit mentioned he personally would like to see a native american faction (note he clarified that this was in no way a confirmation of a new faction, but just his personal wishes) as well.  Native Americans at contact had stone age weaponry (someone correct me if I'm wrong) so it would be a plausible faction with quite a few interesting options I think (they'd probably be glass cannons due to the serious lack of armor).I'm not sure if CA/WGing will keep Barbarians as a faction. It's so broad that I think they might rename it or split it into multiple factions.     

ooooooooooo That would be awesome to have the Greeks vs the Persians in a battle!!

Baegren #6 Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
Carthage.  Enough said.

AnaxofRhodes #7 Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:30 AM

Junior Sergeant

Eastern armies have more or less been confirmed.  Back in the last closed alpha, it was hinted that Very Large units would exist: read = elephants.  Or Carthage.  I could see Carthaginian Commanders get lumped in with Easterners. (to the chagrin of many ancient historians, I'm sure, lol :teethhappy: ;)
"Make no show of cowardice then on your part, seeing the greatness of the issues at stake, and I will show that what I preach to others I can practice myself." - Brasidas

Arkkinite #8 Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:27 AM

Junior Sergeant

Carthage of course. Scipio needs his nemesis.

Wouldn't mind Warring Period China (pre Qin Dynasty). Crossbows, Chariots and polearms maybe?

DETrooper #9 Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:42 PM

Sergeant

• Praetorian

View PostAnaxofRhodes, on 27 October 2017 - 01:30 AM, said:

Eastern armies have more or less been confirmed.  Back in the last closed alpha, it was hinted that Very Large units would exist: read = elephants.  Or Carthage.  I could see Carthaginian Commanders get lumped in with Easterners. (to the chagrin of many ancient historians, I'm sure, lol :teethhappy: ;)

If that was the case then wouldn't CA have lumped in Rome with the Greeks? I'm confident that Carthage will be its own faction (or maybe be delegated to a Phoenician faction but that's still better than being Eastern).

DalRiada #10 Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:58 PM

Lance-corporal

The earliest evidence of crossbows comes from ancient China in the form of crossbow triggers dating back to the 6th century BC.[11] According to Sir Joseph Needham in his Science and Civilisation in China, it is not possible to pinpoint exactly which of the East Asian peoples invented the crossbow.[citation needed] However, there is unquestionable evidence that the crossbow was used for military purposes at least as far back as the Warring States period from the second half of the 4th century BC onwards.[12] 

Arkkinite #11 Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

Junior Sergeant

Thanks for the post DalRiada. Time to get some real armour pen missiles in the game! Maybe ignores a portion of missile block depensing on how close you shoot it.

Ive always wonder what would happen if Alexander the Great marched into China, right during the Warring Period.

Lastsparten #12 Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:03 AM

Lance-corporal

View PostArkkinite, on 05 January 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

Thanks for the post DalRiada. Time to get some real armour pen missiles in the game! Maybe ignores a portion of missile block depensing on how close you shoot it.

Ive always wonder what would happen if Alexander the Great marched into China, right during the Warring Period.

would have probably been surrounded and  slaughtered

Also tagged with Faction, Suggestions

2 user(s) are reading this topic