GOLD prices are insane!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Letum_Cruento #21 Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:23 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

View PostApolloBez, on 25 October 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

​Well the conversation rate is fine, better than before, if memory serves; but like the topic title stated, Gold prices are too high..

WHat can you get these dyas for $10.  A decent meal.  4.5 gallons of gas. A single movie ticket with a some change.

$10 for gold to convert 62,500 free xp is very nice.  Definitely will take longer than time to eat that meal, watch that movie or drive that 120-160 miles.

There was a time when you paid roughly $15 a month and then had to work to get xp to move up and use more sophisticated gear.  Here, you can play the whole game without speningding a dime.  Will take you longer, but no-one is twisting your arm.  Regardless of gold sales, the MM will be the same, so players leveling with free gold aren't going to be at an advantage over you any more than a player that plays for free.

And, although no-one has mentioned it, lets just stop any "wallet-warrior" talk dead in its tracks.  Ssome people spend money on games, some on cars, some on guns, etc.  Those who spend money competing are far more likely to win in areas other than games.  WIth games, if people advance ahead of their skill curve, you as a non-playing player will school them.

Lastly, without some pay-to-play mechanic, there is NO GAME.  People should thank those who invest in the game or it would never make it to development or last.  That's a fact.

traumadisaster #22 Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:28 PM

Sergeant

View PostBlydMyst, on 27 October 2017 - 01:23 AM, said:

WHat can you get these dyas for $10.  A decent meal.  4.5 gallons of gas. A single movie ticket with a some change.

$10 for gold to convert 62,500 free xp is very nice.  Definitely will take longer than time to eat that meal, watch that movie or drive that 120-160 miles.

There was a time when you paid roughly $15 a month and then had to work to get xp to move up and use more sophisticated gear.  Here, you can play the whole game without speningding a dime.  Will take you longer, but no-one is twisting your arm.  Regardless of gold sales, the MM will be the same, so players leveling with free gold aren't going to be at an advantage over you any more than a player that plays for free.

And, although no-one has mentioned it, lets just stop any "wallet-warrior" talk dead in its tracks.  Ssome people spend money on games, some on cars, some on guns, etc.  Those who spend money competing are far more likely to win in areas other than games.  WIth games, if people advance ahead of their skill curve, you as a non-playing player will school them.

Lastly, without some pay-to-play mechanic, there is NO GAME.  People should thank those who invest in the game or it would never make it to development or last.  That's a fact.

traumadisaster #23 Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

Sergeant

"Lastly, without some pay-to-play mechanic, there is NO GAME. People should thank those who invest in the game or it would never make it to development or last. That's a fact."

So how did the other Total War games get made then? And the 500 games I have on steam, and the 1000s of console games I've played since pong. This game could be made the same way but they don't want just $60 or just $10 per month they want $500-5,000.

I don't blame devs these days, it's their job to make money. I'm just jealous I can't play with the cool toys like I used to for $60, plus expansions. We are all going through this culture change and the conversion hurts as you can tell by the comments.

Mancu #24 Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:44 PM

Lance-corporal

View Posttraumadisaster, on 31 October 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

So how did the other Total War games get made then? And the 500 games I have on steam, and the 1000s of console games I've played since pong. This game could be made the same way but they don't want just $60 or just $10 per month they want $500-5,000.

You are comparing 2 entirely different game types. This is an MMO style game that remains in constant development during the entire lifespan of the game, along with requiring constant maintenance on the servers that run it for the player base. The previous Total War games were not. They were basically done at release and aside from expansion packs (which also cost money) those games do not change after release.

Letum_Cruento #25 Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

Junior Sergeant

View Posttraumadisaster, on 31 October 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

"Lastly, without some pay-to-play mechanic, there is NO GAME. People should thank those who invest in the game or it would never make it to development or last. That's a fact."

I don't blame devs these days, it's their job to make money. I'm just jealous I can't play with the cool toys like I used to for $60, plus expansions. We are all going through this culture change and the conversion hurts as you can tell by the comments.

They weren't run on servers and were either sold for $49.99 or $49.99 + a $15 monthly fee.  SIngle player games with a multiplayer aspect are a completely different type of game.  They release, they collect their cash and then if you want more content, you have to pay.  Here, you can have it all, without paying a dime, because of those of us who do.  You're welcome.

Letum_Cruento #26 Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:58 PM

Junior Sergeant

View Posttraumadisaster, on 31 October 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

Look, I sympathize as well.  There have been times when I haven't been able to afford new toys in this new type of game economy, whether its WG or any of dozens and dozens of other games.  ANd there have been times when I blew $500 in a night.  Cause I make good money and gaming and computers are my hobby, like some guys are into cars, bikes, boats, etc.

But after 5 years of listening to people complain about having to pay to play a game, when they can play for free. And where before they couldn't play anything worthwhile unless they ponied up $49.99, gets a bit tiring.  And then to read some of the people's comments, well, thankfully I am a patient man who is willing to pay tp play a game like this. Or there WOULD  NOT BE ONE. 

Unfortunately, I am also a poor typist.  Lucky I have someone in my office transcribe my notes for me, huh?  She gets paid, don't expect her to work for free.  Don't expect anyone else to pay her salary either. And certainly don't expect the people who benefit from my care to complain that I don't serve them for free, when I have to support myself, my employees, pay rent, phone, network, medications, ad nauseum.  Maybe some can grasp that concept? I am am 99% positive, those who have been playing games for a while are not the ones complaining.

The truest words you will ever hear in life (and in my experience and it is my job to be an expert on people's experiences):  Nothing worthwhile is free.  One way or another, your going to pay, whether it is time, money, feelings, possessions, regrets, ad nauseum. 

Be thankful in this instance its not money you HAVE to pay.  Or to put it another way, take about 5 minutes and decide whether you have more time or money.  Then spend appropriately, either one.

Edited by Letum_Cruento, 31 October 2017 - 11:05 PM.

Zerthios #27 Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:09 AM

Private

• Players
Conversion rate is fine, it's like people have never played a free to play online title at all.

ApolloBez #28 Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

aTLetum_Cruento, on 26 October 2017 - 08:23 PM, said:

What people spend on their hobbies, is their business; and I agree, the game needs to maker money... And you don't know me, I've been playing Arena for 3 years, long before it was associated with WG and have vocalized my support for CA charging money for "this or that"; I'm saying at the current rate it would take roughly $60 U.S. to take a T-8 commander and one T-8 unit to T-9, (if you had enough convertible XP that is), and it's just not worth it.

IT MAKES THE GAME BORING...  

Currently, (and for the last three weeks), once you get to T-8, your pitted against all those T-9/T-10 Russian players, who specialize in one commander, team up together, and exploit glitches, (and were at on time, hacking, in my opinion); AND just T-8's cannot compete against the two last tiers under normal circumstances, neverminding what I said about Russian collusion.

Now, I'm all about a challenge, and don't mind defeat....  but since all play most all commanders, it takes a LOOOOOONG time to normally advance from T-8 to T-9.....   and it gets boring constantly getting crushed.....  And I'm sorry if you have a problem with people buying their way up the ranks... but it's none of your business what other people choose to do within the legitimate parameters of the game.

Gold prices are too high, for what you get for it, PERIOD!!!      

Edited by ApolloBez, 12 November 2017 - 01:55 PM.

If you can't beat'em, join'em; (and wait for a better opportunity to strike).   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users