GOLD prices are insane!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

ApolloBez #1 Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators
10 dollars for 2,500 gold, that will only convert 10,000 XP, I've got well over a 100,000 I need to convert...I'm really upset by the this price..    
If you can't beat'em, join'em; (and wait for a better opportunity to strike).   

mkloby #2 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:03 AM

Lance-corporal

View PostApolloBez, on 11 October 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

10 dollars for 2,500 gold, that will only convert 10,000 XP, I've got well over a 100,000 I need to convert...I'm really upset by the this price..    

Converting gold for XP has never been a great means to progress in the WG series.  However, playing through the various tech trees and using free xp as necessary is a workable method without spending money to convert gold to xp.

wwolfvn #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:09 AM

Junior Sergeant

View PostApolloBez, on 11 October 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

Actually, the  gold:free  exp conversion rate is 1:25. So 2,500 gold can be used to convert 62,500 free exp. I have 300,000 unit exp as of now but have no plan to purchase gold until the game is more balanced.

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

NOXREDFOX #4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

Lance-corporal

The XP ratio is 25 to 1 gold is serious. You can get 65,000exp in 10 dollars. For example, the upgrade cost for upgrading from 9tier to 10tier requires more than 600,000 experience
You should use about $ 100 when upgrading. Do we have to invest tens of thousands of dollars in total war? Advanced sperm should also be used. Even if you play more than six hours, it will take more than a month to reach 10. How many people play on average? It takes a lot of money, time and money to play this game. This will not have many users

Mancu #5 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:52 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostNOXREDFOX, on 12 October 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

The XP ratio is 25 to 1 gold is serious. You can get 65,000exp in 10 dollars. For example, the upgrade cost for upgrading from 9tier to 10tier requires more than 600,000 experience
You should use about $ 100 when upgrading. Do we have to invest tens of thousands of dollars in total war? Advanced sperm should also be used. Even if you play more than six hours, it will take more than a month to reach 10. How many people play on average? It takes a lot of money, time and money to play this game. This will not have many users

It's the same model they use in World of Tanks. They've literally made millions with this model. I have no doubt it will work here as well.

NOXREDFOX #6 Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:51 PM

Lance-corporal

Do people in Europe and North America feel the price is right?

Asia, especially China, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam, will feel expensive

NOXREDFOX #7 Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:54 PM

Lance-corporal

re-wrap;">There are many gamers in the Asian market, but gaming in Asia is not successful. The reason is that many units upgrade and high prices. Asian gamers prefer fast game play. A long-lived content game is why you can not succeed. Asian gamers pay a lot of money but do not buy at unreasonable prices

Edited by NOXREDFOX, 12 October 2017 - 06:59 PM.

Cobboolio #8 Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:05 PM

Sergeant

• Praetorian
I also feel it is too high. I have a lot of unconverted XP that won't be used until gold prices drop or if I decide to upgrade my bundle.

Mancu #9 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:03 PM

Lance-corporal

From a personal perspective I consider the price to high. However from a business standpoint it appears they are charging what the market is willing to pay.

DETrooper #10 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:32 PM

Sergeant

• Praetorian
Compared to the value of gold in other freemium games I'd say that Arena's gold prices are quite reasonable.

wwolfvn #11 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:21 AM

Junior Sergeant

View PostDETrooper, on 12 October 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

Compared to the value of gold in other freemium games I'd say that Arena's gold prices are quite reasonable.

For a mature game, I think you are right. But for the current state of the development, I would say it is not very reasonable.

Anyway, they (WG/CA) are studying their player-base's spending habit. They are testing the water. Don't buy any gold is my suggestion for now.

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

BlydMyst #12 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:30 AM

Junior Sergeant

Just want to note that the gold price is actually lower than the other WG games.  For $99, you get 25,000.  That is with roughly an 18%discount for buying so much at once.  My only problem with price of anything is that it cost 2,500 to change your gamename.  I dont know any other games that charge for a game name change (barring bans, etc.) let alone $10.

As for gold, thats the price you pay to advance quicker and not grind the same unit.  For $79, you can get the gold at that price and premium units, that help you advance and give some of the factions like the Romans archers, or the barbarians spearmen.

As for the balancing, my personal opinion is that after this patch, any balancing will be minor.  Its true that dogs have a counter (archers, from a distance and depending upon numbers).  The tough thing about dog units is it affectuvely gives the user 6 units instead of three.  Although neither the dogs nor the handlers are as strong as heavy infantry, both fight well on their own right.

Note: Im not calling for some big change, just pointing out something that should be considered.

Edited by BlydMyst, 13 October 2017 - 02:31 AM.

AnaxofRhodes #13 Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

Lance-corporal

View PostMancu, on 12 October 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

From a personal perspective I consider the price to high. However from a business standpoint it appears they are charging what the market is willing to pay.

Agreed.  I'm not willing to spend that much on premium currency, but the model works for the other tens of millions of players in Wargaming's collective community.
"Make no show of cowardice then on your part, seeing the greatness of the issues at stake, and I will show that what I preach to others I can practice myself." - Brasidas

NOX_Hannibal #14 Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:27 AM

Lance-corporal

View PostMancu, on 12 October 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

It's the same model they use in World of Tanks. They've literally made millions with this model. I have no doubt it will work here as well.

This is Totalwar not WOT. this gold price is too expensive.

Need 300000 free xp for only master the skill. for only skill mastering , except for free xp for upgrade General level :(
It's a crazy price.
Even the over 300000xp required for upgrade from tier9 to tier10
If you pay $ 100, upgrade from Tier 9 to tier 10, and skill mastering for only one general will eliminate your gold.
Of course, if you paid $ 100, but you do not immediately receive 600,000 free xp. 
It is a treat to convert unit xp, which you have saved hard.
Seriously unfair.
You will know how hard it is to raise a tier.
There are more than 15 types of unit category, and there are more than 200 units to unlock.
The number of generals is more than 10 in this game.

And the number of it will increase.
During the 2-month closed beta period, I've met roughly 10 tier-10 users. 
Only 10 tier-10 users I met!
It is too difficult to raise the tier enough.
So I want to get the help of Gold, but this is too unfair.
Gold price or xp conversion ratio needs to adjusted.
At least you, CA or WG! should adjust the conversion ratio from 1:25 to 1:50 or higher!

Edited by NOX_Hannibal, 17 October 2017 - 05:29 AM.

Mancu #15 Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:51 AM

Lance-corporal

View PostNOX_Hannibal, on 17 October 2017 - 01:27 AM, said:

This is Totalwar not WOT. this gold price is too expensive.

It seems like you are under the impression that leveling in Tanks is quick - it is not. I played Tanks constantly for 5 years and still only got 12 tier 10 tanks from grinding and 3 I won in campaigns! WG makes these games grindy for a reason. It's to encourage you to spend money. You can play without and not be at any real disadvantage in battle, but you will not unlock the new stuff quickly. The same monetary principles apply.

NOXREDFOX #16 Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

Lance-corporal

This is Totalwar not WOT. It's a totally different system than wot. Do not keep up with wot. What are some of the popular games now? It is contents that can enjoy fast. Do you know why wot games are not successful worldwide?This is Totalwar not WOT. It's a totally different system than wot. Do not keep up with wot. What are some of the popular games now? It is contents that can enjoy fast. Do you know why wot games are not successful worldwide?

Mancu #17 Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:06 AM

Lance-corporal

NOXREDFOX you are correct this in TWA and not WoT. However, the correlation between the two games should not be dismissed. The game structures are nearly identical in all major aspects.

As for your claim that WoT was neither popular nor successful world wide - this is just not accurate. The last I checked WoT had about 80 million registered users world wide and was ranked as one of the top 5 most profitable MMOs on the market; with WG running server groups in North America, the EU, Asia, Russia, and China.

Given the near identical game mechanics and the incredible profitability of the elder game I find it highly unlikely that the currently pricing structure will change. If you don't want to pay those rates, that's fine. Roughly 80% of all the players will never spend a dime on this game. However, the pricing is structured around what the remaining 20% are willing to pay.

Please note that this is not an attack on your opinion that the prices are too high, nor is it an endorsement of the current prices. It is simply me stating the facts as they appear. I personally would like to see the prices much lower than they are.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users