[Tutorial] Unit Tactics: Pikemen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Arclinon #1 Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:04 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Closed Alpha Gladiators

i wanted to make for a while but i will admit, pikes are a tough unit simply because of how different they are. With the changes since the steam beta has emphasized it and i think pikes, as it stands now minus the instant pike drop are the most balanced unit out there. This one has 2 parts. Part 1 is tutorial on how to hold a position and how to fight using the pikes. Part 2 is on how things can play out on the same map.

Edited by Arclinon, 04 October 2017 - 01:34 PM.

0nce #2 Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:23 PM

Private

View PostArclinon, on 04 October 2017 - 07:04 AM, said:

This one i wanted to make for a while but i will admit, pikes are a tough unit simply because of how different they are. With the changes since the steam beta has emphasized it and i think pikes, as it stands now minus the instant pike drop are the most balanced unit out there for the same tactical reason. This one has 2 parts. Part 1 is tutorial on how to hold a position and how to fight using the pikes. Part 2 is a replay on how things can play out on the same map. 

Great tutorial, Arclinon. As a new player I found it quite helpful. I'm currently at tier IV units myself with a few commanders. I'm excited to try out Pikeman after seeing this.  

One question I do have though.. how do you set the width of your formation? I seem to only ever be able to set the direction... 
EDIT: Literally just saw the tutorial on how to do this. :teethhappy:

Edited by 0nce, 04 October 2017 - 01:24 PM.

Arclinon #3 Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:36 PM

Junior Sergeant

View Post0nce, on 04 October 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

Great tutorial, Arclinon. As a new player I found it quite helpful. I'm currently at tier IV units myself with a few commanders. I'm excited to try out Pikeman after seeing this.  

One question I do have though.. how do you set the width of your formation? I seem to only ever be able to set the direction... 
EDIT: Literally just saw the tutorial on how to do this. :teethhappy:

Glad you like it. Yeah, i made tutorial on formations earlier with pikes. Pikes are a very hard unit to play just make sure to march through your enemy and stop instead of giving attack order. 

9Lashes #4 Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:46 PM

Lance-corporal

Very nice videos. Thanks for sharing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic